Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    My morality test is different from others think of situation when Scarlet Witch was being unstable and was threat to billions. If "heroes" in that situation treat killing Wanda like it is the stupidest suggestion ever they have bad morals imo. Therefore Wolverine, Emma, Bishop, etc rank alot higher to me because they understand the difficult decision for the many. The most moral thing to me is saving the lives of the most people possible. And yeah if one person should die to make that happen then yeah that person dies. All the people you are putting up as the most moral wouldn't have dropped the Atom bombs on Japan. And as brutal as those bombs were way more lives would have been loss trying to overpower that military in conventional war.

If you believe there always another way then some X-men will rank higher,If you believe that you sometimes have to pick the best of a bad choice then other X-men would rank higher.
    The Wanda situation was stupid in that they had a way to depower her after Gifted. The whole debate about killing her was non-sense, just depower her and go home.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    If I remember well, it was Captain America who was the most vehement to defend the Scarlet Witch. But is it because he was more "moral" than Logan or because he was unable to contemplate a situation where he has to kill a "sister-in-arms", a friend for the greater good? I don't think it is because Captain America was less smart or brave…
    I am just saying,In real life the result that ends with least loss of life is consider the best outcome.And when "heroes" in comics don't reflect that in their thinking it worrisome to me. The more "moral" choice to me is always saving more people. When the odds are millions of life against one life. It is not even a question to me and for comics books hero to act like not option makes them less smart for me.

I am fine with people disagree with my opinion on this what is moral is going to vary from person to person. What is most moral to me is preservation of the most innocent life. So they are times Punisher is the most moral character because the Punisher will shoot "Joker,Lex,Green Goblins"with no hesitation while Captain America,Superman and Spiderman are going to put those characters in jail knowing they will escape. Remember my opinion on the most moral thing is the decision that save the most lives. For me it is not black and white it is grey when the problem can be solve without killing or least amount damage then those guys are the best when the problem killing clearly leads to less people dead or completely eliminates chance of innocents dying that is most moral choice to me. So sometimes Wolverine is the least moral to me and sometimes the guy willing to kill the star eating monster who kill billions who was your friend is the most moral to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I am just saying,In real life the result that ends with least loss of life is consider the best outcome.And when "heroes" in comics don't reflect that in their thinking it worrisome to me. The more "moral" choice to me is always saving more people. When the odds are millions of life against one life. It is not even a question to me and for comics books hero to act like not option makes them less smart for me.
    "the most moral thing"… ok. But if it's the life of someone you love that is in jeopardy…
    I'm just saying our decisions are not always based on morality (or lack of). Captain America liked Wanda… Logan less so. So it's less painful for this latter.
    Our decisions are often hidden under moral pretences.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I wish I was on this site during the IvX days. Or not. The sheer stupidity of that plot would cause me to go off the rails and probably get banned.
    You didn't miss much. It was slow paced as hell and most of us forgot until the chapter when Emma went all Rambo and Teen Scott threw himself under a train.
    "Cable was right!"

Xavier 3
    Scott 6
    Jean 8
    Hank 3
    Logan 4
    Ororo 5
    Kurt 10
    Peter 7
    Kitty 8
    Bishop 1
    Emma 2
    Mags 2

Kurt, Jean, Kitty, and Peter are the "moral" ones for me. Yeah, some of them did shitty things but their core is purer.

I disagree with most here on Scott and Ororo. She was far more pragmatic then him during the 80s and 90s. And whatever worst thing he has done can't compete with Xavier's.

Xavier is a tough one. The first instinct is to give a high score, but then you remember Deadly Genesis, Danger and the brainwashes...

Hank has probably the worst track on the side of the heroes. I think that character is un-redeemable, actually.

Bendis-era ruined Hank to be honest but he can come back (under the Avengers office). Piotr higher than Storm seems weird. Kurt, Jean and Kitty should be a tie.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Hank begun to become ruined with Fraction and then Aaron.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Bendis-era ruined Hank to be honest but he can come back (under the Avengers office). Piotr higher than Storm seems weird. Kurt, Jean and Kitty should be a tie.
    Why?

Storm was the proponent of the preemptive, badass turn the X-Men did in the 80s. She almost killed Havok to protect their secret.
    Stabbed Callisto and Marrow.
    Broke with Xavier and the School during X-Treme.
    Abandoned the mutants after M-Day.
    And she dated Dracula and Dr Doom :lol:

Peter killing Proteus and Riptide was justifiable, right?
    His Acolyte period and punching Wisdom were his worse IMHO. But you have the context of his stressful traumas during the 90s.
    The Jugerlossus and Phoenix were never what he wanted. He was trying to protect Illyana and tried to do good with those powers.
    It's the same character that sacrificed himself to cure the Legacy Virus.

Anyone who intentionally kills another living being is below a five, I don't care what the reasoning behind it is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Why?

Storm was the proponent of the preemptive, badass turn the X-Men did in the 80s. She almost killed Havok to protect their secret.
    Stabbed Callisto and Marrow.
    Broke with Xavier and the School during X-Treme.
    Abandoned the mutants after M-Day.
    And she dated Dracula and Dr Doom :lol:
    Storm stabbed Callisto and ripped a bomb out of Marrow's body to save innocent lives. She also left the school after M-Day to protect vulnerable populations in Africa. These are explicit, textual truths.

Obviously, you're kidding about Dracula and Doom since you know she was enslaved by them and did not consent to anything they chose to do with her body. Man, that's relevant, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Anyone who intentionally kills another living being is below a five, I don't care what the reasoning behind it is.
    Self defense, anyone? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justifiable_homicide

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherZero View Post
    Storm stabbed Callisto and ripped a bomb out of Marrow's body to save innocent lives. She also left the school after M-Day to protect vulnerable populations in Africa. These are explicit, textual truths.

Obviously, you're kidding about Dracula and Doom since you know she was enslaved by them and did not consent to anything they chose to do with her body. Man, that's relevant, huh?
    Of course I was kidding about that.

On Callisto, Marrow and M-Day, I don't argue if she was right or wrong. But I don't think you can say those were very moral things to do, even if she saved lives.

And why did you ignore the X-Treme and Havok things? What is your excuse for the Mighty Goddess to mindrape a teammate?

That's what is so shitty about the character after Claremont. Everyone forgets she was the more hardcore of the team. I don't say she was wrong but she was much more pragmatic than Xavier or Scott. After Claremont everyone tries to pull that Goddess crap that is totally contradictory.

I was giving Piotr and Ororo the same score since they're both portrayed as "If I have to shank/choke a bitch so my friends may live so be it" class.

I didn't really count Cryotrak and Phoenix possessions into the score since Ororo would've made the same sacrifice.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    So by that rationale, every X-character is a 3 or lower, with Logan being a dead 0. That doesn't feel correct...

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I'm honestly at a loss here. Not sure a rating system 0-10 works for me.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    So by that rationale, every X-character is a 3 or lower, with Logan being a dead 0. That doesn't feel correct...
    Did you mention Wolverine because I'm using him as an avatar?