Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    If they used Paige correctly they would not have to overlap.. Paige can change into so many things.. liquids, gases, even energy forms.. or partial changes.. Its so much they could do with her powers to differentiate her from Bling.. BLing powers also could be adjusted.. she shoots diamonds right? Could not start using her powers like Krystalin from Xmen 2009?

I also thought Paige could have been a great operative as tech she can do the typical shape shifting of copying people but she is also do things they cant. I would love for Mr. Sinister to mentor her in the usages of her powers.
    The point is that Paige still makes Bling! redundant entirely BECAUSE of her versatility. She can do the same nigh-invulnerable thing, and then switch off as needed for something else. While Roxxie is just durable, with shooting her diamonds being of dubious utility for this. In fact, this plot seems to have been PERFECT for Trinary.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 01-09-2020 at 08:08 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The point is that Paige still makes Bling! redundant entirely BECAUSE of her versatility. She can do the same nigh-invulnerable thing, and then switch off as needed for something else. While Roxxie is just durable, with shooting her diamonds being of dubious utility for this. In fact, this plot seems to have been PERFECT for Trinary.
    But Trinary doesn't seem to question Krakoa; Bling and Paige do. It's not really about power-sets, but more about their own cause.

Liked the series. Sorry to see its ending when it seems to have found its stride. Ah, such is the way of X-Men side series.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Yeah, I feel the same way.

Mighty Member

SO basically you just want Trinary to be used and you arent all that upset per say about Roxie adn Pagie's powers having some overlap since we have had teams comprised of multiple telepaths before.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    But Trinary doesn't seem to question Krakoa; Bling and Paige do. It's not really about power-sets, but more about their own cause.
    Just saying, a technopath like that would have actually been a smart person to recruit for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    SO basically you just want Trinary to be used and you arent all that upset per say about Roxie adn Pagie's powers having some overlap since we have had teams comprised of multiple telepaths before.
    Don't put words in my mouth, because that's NOT what I said at all (I didn't even THINK of Trinary until the post you quoted).

Surprisingly good issue....
    #MagnetoWasRight

This, or at least aspects of this, should have been the first issue. Maybe end the series on the Betsy/Kwannon moment, but the rest should have been sooner.

Have the first issue be about how some of these mutants aren't happy on Krakoa, and end the issue with Psylock's dream about Apoth. Second issue have her trying to leave, but can't get permission from Magneto because of the Xavier thing, and the conflict seeming like a human matter. Have some of the team get together, maybe just have them overhear her talks. Sneak out with or without Sinister's help, end on discovering the kids. Then go from there.

Amazing Member

I might be reading too much into it but is the panel on the last page of Laura and Kwannon hands supposed to hint at some sort of relationship between them because the panel beside it shows their hands away from each other so it looks to me like Laura reaching out to hold Kwannon's hand which commonly a romantic thing in comics.

If the title is about those who’re uneasy about Krakoa, it wouldn’t really make sense to include Trinary or really any of the other New X-Men (as much as I would love that) sans Bling!. They’ve all been staunchly pro-mutant and have seen some of the worst acts of humanity so any chance to get away from that is a chance they’d probably take with no hesitation. But if Hill really wanted to use a techno path who would be uncomfortable with the idea of Krakoa, it should probably be Hijack. He was the one who constantly railed against Cyclops’ revolutionary actions and I could see him not really wanting to be fully removed from the human world.

Quote Originally Posted by DIVINITY View Post
    Surprisingly good issue....
    I really think this title should’ve started out with all five members. It would’ve lended to Laura taking on the second-in-command role and probably eased the X-23 fans up a little bit.

BANNED

The problem is that we really didn’t GET that. The first issue set up Laura and Cable as more bored than any discomfort, while potential ACTUAL objections they might have had were never touched on.

The problem is that we really didn’t GET that. The first issue set up Laura and Cable as more bored than any discomfort, while potential ACTUAL objections they might have had were never touched on.
    They did have actual objections, certain people just didn’t like them. Laura didn’t like that Krakoa was so peaceful that mutants seemed to have let their guard down, this also coming right after the Reavers invaded the island. Cable isn’t adjusting as quickly as others cause he just came out of a war-torn future. Both parties were itching for something to go down and they found that through Psylocke.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasuxeda View Post
    I might be reading too much into it but is the panel on the last page of Laura and Kwannon hands supposed to hint at some sort of relationship between them because the panel beside it shows their hands away from each other so it looks to me like Laura reaching out to hold Kwannon's hand which commonly a romantic thing in comics.
    Got me curious to check. Yeah, on the last page, she is reaching for Psylocke's hand. I could see it as a romantic gesture, but it could also be one of solidarity (of the team, Laura does know the most about Psylocke's involvement and the personal aspect of the mission for her). I suspect, from metagaming it that it could just be reading too much into things, since the series seems to be ending soon (with Psylocke going elsewhere, in any event) and it seems like an important development would be left hanging like that (unless it was something that was supposed to be developed further before the hiatus/cancelation came up).

IMHO, if Laura and Psylocke were supposed to become a couple, beyond wondering about the age gap (Psylocke was an adult when Laura was in her teens and the later is barely into adulthood herself now), I would want a bit more development of things. I can buy that they could or have bonded over common ground (both where brought into a life of violence early in their lives and are now striving to become something better, for example), but there seems like there needs to be more if love was the endgame.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I thought it was more than just discomfort. Laura felt that the security of Krakoa was making her weak and Cable was a soldier without a mission. Both responded to Psylocke cause they wanted a direction.

I guess in terms of powers, but the roster here is more about shared values and how the characters view Krakoa and the world moreso than trying to create a balanced party.