Page 523 of 568 FirstFirst ... 23423473513519520521522523524525526527533 ... LastLast
Results 7,831 to 7,845 of 8518

The Ultraviolet Lantern!!!

Wow, I didn't think John would get focused on so fast!

Here's the description:

John Stewart: Ultraviolet Lantern? Believe it! Under the influence of the Ultraviolet Spectrum, John Stewart engages in some ultraviolence against his teammates Flash, Wonder Woman and Aquaman. Meanwhile, the rest of the League investigates the scene of the fallen Source Wall fragment, and encounters not only a horde of giant monsters, but a pair of longtime archenemies using stolen Atom technology to literally get under their skin. Best to stock up on Cortizone for that sort of itch! All this and…the Turtle? Yep.
    I wonder did Scott Snyder do any research on the John Stewart character by reading any of his runs where he's the main GL. Reading the description, it describes John being under an influence of the ultraviolet spectrum. We all know John had a violet lantern ring in Jensen's run. I'm pretty sure Scott Snyder has been looking for references under Van Jensen's run it seems.

"Ultraviolet spectrum"? I guess that answers the question if Snyder would shy away from Geoff's toys or not.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Glad to see John getting some spotlight right off the bat, however... another color spectrum?

I will remain cautiously optimistic.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Violet is the Star Sapphires, right? Although the coloring and facial markings on John's face looks more like the Indigo Lanterns.

"Ultraviolet" and "ultraviolence." I guess that means a more aggressive kind of love...?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Violet is the Star Sapphires, right? Although the coloring and facial markings on John's face looks more like the Indigo Lanterns.

"Ultraviolet" and "ultraviolence." I guess that means a more aggressive kind of love...?
    So lust perhaps, or passion, obsession?
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

That "ring" looks more like a tattoo/marking.
    Last edited by Iconic; 04-16-2018 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Glad to see John getting some spotlight right off the bat, however... another color spectrum?

I will remain cautiously optimistic.
    Agreed. It's good to see John getting some spotlight. I'm glad to see Scott Snyder is having interest in the character. Hopefully John Stewart will be a character he likes to write even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    That "ring" looks more like a tattoo/marking.
    Which, again, is more of an Indigo thing.

I'm wondering if "Ultraviolet" means it's some kind of mix of two different parts of the Spectrum (Violet and Indigo) or something beyond the entire Specturm, since it's Ultraviolet.

I'm wondering if "Ultraviolet" means it's some kind of mix of two different parts of the Spectrum (Violet and Indigo) or something beyond the entire Specturm, since it's Ultraviolet.
    It could be actually. John's history involved being experienced in using Violet and Indigo rings. He haven't harnessed any other spectrums after those.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

That sounds like a really interesting idea actually. I wonder how the two became "mixed"?
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I'd say it def something outside the current spectrum since that's what ultraviolet is. UV is actually not similar to the color violet at all. I guess this is all due to the source wall hole making new rules.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I'd say it def something outside the current spectrum since that's what ultraviolet is. UV is actually not similar to the color violet at all. I guess this is all due to the source wall hole making new rules.
    That's a good guess.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Yep. That's what it definitely sounds like. CBR recently gave speculation about this, too.

Other articles are speculating about this solicit and CBR is one of them. Here's some quotes from CBR's article:

Speaking to CBR in the wake of Metal‘s finale, Snyder may have teased Stewart’s upcoming predicament. “[Breaking the Source Wall] means new sectors for the Green Lanterns, new rules of physics for magic, new cosmic wonder for characters like Starfire who are exploratory in space. It’s a shattering of limitations.”
    Speaking about Stewart specifically, Snyder promised the GLC member would get some time in the spotlight. And again, in hindsight, the writer may have offered some clues regarding his new ring. “John Stewart starts to realize that the Guardians have hidden things from him because of his skill set, what he’s supposed to do, he might have been a soldier for them in ways he didn’t realize.”
    This pretty much answers our questions about what was going on with John Stewart's ring in the JL#2. Since the source wall is broken (which is the main point of what's going on in these JL titles), we're going to experience things that's similar to the the mythology, but it's going to be different.

It's nice to see Snyder promising that John is going to get time in the spotlight. Looks like he's actually fond of him as a character. This is a big deal for a John fan, considering he's one of the top guys over at DC.

Mighty Member

Hopefully whatever Snyder does with John sticks. Ugh I hate when other writers don't keep things consistent because they want to to do their own thing.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K