Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Attached Images Attached Images

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

ah, the good old days of the Parliament of Doom. Too bad Hickman had to cut that storyline short.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I hope that's not the cover for FF 8. It's so very generic.

The Old Man Quill cover, OTOH, grabs you.
    I didn't even know there was an Old Man Quill comic. Looks like I'll have to check that out. Thanks for finding that cover, Doomscribe!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

This is the only panel I've seen so far from the "Herald of Doom" arc.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Thanks, Ravin' Ray. I believe we saw the inked version of this. I wonder if the smaller figure with the dark pink energy signature is Victorious? I also notice Doom's eyes are brown again after going green again last issue. Seems like the colorists can never make up their minds

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

That's a pretty amazing double page spread. Looking forward to reading it.

Has anyone posted about the story in Marvel Presents 2? Or heard who is the writer or artist?

Finally, Reed Richards and Victor Von Doom enter the space race as Sputnik takes orbit!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

My next experience with Doom was in Marvel Superheroes where he appeared as penultimate boss. He brought his entourage and his throne in his winning pose.

By this time I already figured that Doom is pretty up there in Marvel supervillains sliding scale of awesomeness, but I still didn't know why because my experience was still limited to thinly plotted games and incomplete glimpses of comics and TV

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Crimz posted this in the FF thread following the Marvel livestream video and it looks like that could be Victorious in the left background wearing a helm, "V" clasp and wielding what appears to be an energized staff.

EDIT: The two other gaming variant covers with Doom are below:

The original article is here:
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...variant-covers
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Wow....thanks for posting those, Ravin' Ray

Reviresco, look at the Super-Villain Team up Reunion!! Of course, with it being a variant, it probably has no bearing on the story but we can hope!

If Doom's staying with the classic armor that last one is a pretty cool redesign. I love the tunic design and the belt. It hints at the designs of medieval armor but looks more modern than the original Doom armor.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-09-2019 at 08:30 AM.

iMan 42s

I really like the Strike Force variant cover, I might try to track that down.

As a re-design it's really good. The mask looks great, and the tunic looks good and flashy (though I prefer simple tunics). Only thing I dislike is the arms because it reminds me too much of Cable. I get that it's trying to be ornate, but considering it's a 3-D model, there isn't much of a reason you can't go for higher levels of detail than Jim Lee lines. Otherwise it's a good look. I'm also kind of meh about the belt. Just for whatever reason when they put a big ole stylized D instead of the buckle it just works for me, but that's just reminding me of Leviathan from the Hellraiser movies.

There's a thought, what would a Cenobite Doctor Doom be like?

But no joke I saw that on Twitter and raced to my phone for the Future Fight update but it wasn't there. Doom's probably paid anyways...
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Wow....thanks for posting those, Ravin' Ray

Reviresco, look at the Super-Villain Team up Reunion!! Of course, with it being a variant, it probably has to bearing on the story but we can hope!

If Doom's staying with the classic armor that last one is a pretty cool redesign. I love the tunic design and the belt. It hints at the designs of medieval armor but looks more modern than the original Doom armor.
    And it is gorgeous! I wonder who is the artist? However, chances of Namor actually being in a Marvel? Snowball's chance in hell. sigh.

The gaming news sounds really awesome for Doom ... and the FF.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

iMan 42s

Y'know somebody just mentioned a voice actor for Doctor Doom should he come to some games and mentioned Sam Witer. That's something I didn't know I needed. Like after hearing him portray Darth Maul, that would be something.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Never realized that people follow game voice actors. I guess it can be pretty lucrative. I go "old school' and think of film actors. IMO the late and greatly missed Alan Rickman or Jeremy Irons would have made good voice actors for Doom. One somewhat obscure fave of mine would be Herbert Lom....a Czech born actor who worked in British films. He did a few Hammer horror movies, most notably the title characer in Hammer's Phantom of the Opera. He had an accent that was not quite British and just hint of Eastern European. That's how I imagine Doom would sound.

BANNED

How is this even remotely possible?

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    How is this even remotely possible?
    Good lord. That's worse than I thought.

There is something seriously wrong with writers today. It's like they can't establish how awesome the character they are writing, without trashing an already established powerhouse. Yesterday, I was really annoyed about the same sort of thing happening with Namor and Atlantis, and now this. Ugh.

Writers should read Daredevil #7. It isn't a Doom book, but it's a great story that Stan Lee wrote that showed how to write two characters in conflict, respect both of them, and have BOTH of them come out of the story looking better.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    And it is gorgeous! I wonder who is the artist? However, chances of Namor actually being in a Marvel? Snowball's chance in hell. sigh.

The gaming news sounds really awesome for Doom ... and the FF.
    In other news, it looks like I'm going to happily eat my words, and that there's a blizzard in hell today! Namor is going to appear with God Emperor Doom in the Puzzle Quest game!