View Poll Results: Favorite Young X men / Next generation X men Team?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Mutants

63 43.15%
  • X Terminators

6 4.11%
  • Generation X

50 34.25%
  • New X men

73 50.00%
  • Generation Hope (five lights)

8 5.48%
  • JGS Students (Wolverine and the X men)

6 4.11%
  • NXS Students (Mutant revolution)

9 6.16%
  • All new X men (Original X men, RAAAAGE)

10 6.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    People keep trotting out that tired short bus incident. They were whiny and entitled before the wiener roast and remained so after. You'd think seeing your friends get toasted would mature you a little.
    It did mature them, but the point is that they were force to mature too fast, and, at the time, the teachers were not in the state of mind to help their students.

That's why they still had issues. Nobody helped Mercury after she was abducted by the Weapon X Facility, but Hellion. Hellion, himself, stopped getting advice from his own mentor, because she began to distance herself from the students, following the "busing". Again, with Hellion, he had abandonment, and trust, issues, and instead of helping him, they threatened to kill him several times.

If their whiny, it's because the X-Men stopped being teachers, as the circumstances dictated they become soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Actually surge and Hellion would need a triple reinforced insulated room otherwise they'd blow it to pieces. They're also team metal hands!
    Also I never understood how did prodigy turned out to be gay... I sort of feel bad for Nori, did she ever found out about that?
    Prodigy is bisexual. What put him off Nori was Nori deliberately trying to drive him off.

Actually surge and Hellion would need a triple reinforced insulated room otherwise they'd blow it to pieces. They're also team metal hands!
    Also I never understood how did prodigy turned out to be gay... I sort of feel bad for Nori, did she ever found out about that?

All least I hope surge gets more screen time and Cyclops trains more teen leaders
    Pretty sure prodigy is Bi. Anyways, it looked like it was Surge who has feelings for Hellion, while Hellion just saw her as a frienemy.

Still think it's crime that Hellion, Surge, and Tyke have yet to interact.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    It did mature them, but the point is that they were force to mature too fast, and, at the time, the teachers were not in the state of mind to help their students.

That's why they still had issues. Nobody helped Mercury after she was abducted by the Weapon X Facility, but Hellion. Hellion, himself, stopped getting advice from his own mentor, because she began to distance herself from the students, following the "busing". Again, with Hellion, he had abandonment, and trust, issues, and instead of helping him, they threatened to kill him several times.

If their whiny, it's because the X-Men stopped being teachers, as the circumstances dictated they become soldiers.
    Hellion got flat-out thrown UNDER the bus. His may not have exploded, but still. ESPECIALLY what happened to him over Karima.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Prodigy is bisexual. What put him off Nori was Nori deliberately trying to drive him off.
    Which was kinda sweet, despite her coming off as a nag. She saw that he was the only one of them with any kind of real future, but he was too loyal to them, so she tried to drive him away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Hellion got flat-out thrown UNDER the bus. His may not have exploded, but still. ESPECIALLY what happened to him over Karima.
    His killing of Karima could've sparked a really interesting arc for the character. Blindfold considered him a monster in the making.

Sucks that he was just reverted to pre-busing Hellion, and that Spider-Man had to come teach him stuff he displayed back when he was developed properly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Pretty sure prodigy is Bi. Anyways, it looked like it was Surge who has feelings for Hellion, while Hellion just saw her as a frienemy.

Still think it's crime that Hellion, Surge, and Tyke have yet to interact.
    Yeah, I actually see surge and Hellion teaching one thing or two to Tyke... But well, missed opportunities has been the last 4 years of X men

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

New X-Men! I adored what they became after Kyle and Yost trimmed all that fat away.

New Mutants is a close second.

I really only liked Husk and Monet from Gen X.

Aaand the rest I cannot even be bothered with.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    New X-Men! I adored what they became after Kyle and Yost trimmed all that fat away.

New Mutants is a close second.

I really only liked Husk and Monet from Gen X.

Aaand the rest I cannot even be bothered with.
    I'm curious; what do you mean by "trimmed the fat?"
    Last edited by protege; 10-22-2016 at 02:38 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I'm curious; what do you mean by "trimmed the fat?"
    *points to the wreckage of the bus*
    I would rather say they WAY overdid it.

Am I the only one who prefers the New Mutants, GenX and the New X-men to the actual X-Men?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordLeviathan View Post
    *points to the wreckage of the bus*
    I would rather say they WAY overdid it.
    RIP : tag, DJ (we barely knew ya), Icarus (dirty race traitor), wallflower ( T_T), wind dancer (she'll be back)

Fantastic Member

RIP : tag, DJ (we barely knew ya), Icarus (dirty race traitor), wallflower ( T_T), wind dancer (she'll be back)
    Sophia didn't die

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Am I the only one who prefers the New Mutants, GenX and the New X-men to the actual X-Men?
    I've been reading the original New Mutants run(mostly for the first time) recently, and while I wouldn't go quite as far as to say it's better than X-Men, it is really, really amazing! Claremont let's his hair down and really explores some wild themes. The Demon Bear, Legion, and Cloak and Dagger stuff is really out there and very well done. I don't think such comics would really be made by Marvel these days. I think it's important to remember teenagers were more mature 30 years ago, too. People actually started families at age 18 and all that back then. They still feel like teens though. I also think it's interesting to compare the rosters of the X-Men and New Mutants at that time. Rogue, Kitty and Rachel were all teenagers at that time, and also Colossus too. Kurt himself wasn't that much older(early 20's). Storm was in her mid 20's and Logan obviously older, but they, along with Xavier, are the only grown ups!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Yeah, who became an X-Men was kind of willy-nilly back then. I loved the X-Men and New Mutants pretty much equally at that time.

I meant the actual characters over the last couple of decades, though. The traditional X-Men just don't seem as interesting, these days.