Emplate can be fed by Marrow

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Emplate can be fed by Marrow
    This post just slayed me.

EVERYONE HAS PURPOSE!

Sarah, you're a buffet, cool?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    That is absolutely at odds with her story from her origin in innocence lost; she was a clone, they just duplicate her X chromosome because the Y one was badly damaged; Sarah Kinney merely acted as a surrogate (which is what they do for real world clones.) what you are describing is completely at odds the underlying intention of the project, in which even the change to the X chromosome was viewed unkindly by those in charge.

There was a non sequitur declaration by Tony Stark at the end of Adamantium Agenda (a mini series she was not even advertised as in.), that she apparently had Sarah Kinneys DNA, which did not lead into anything, was not explained, or followed up on; and should probably best be viewed as schrodingers plot point until an actual explanation is given.
    It's frankly not hard to make it fit.

They established both chromosomes were damaged, the X just less so. However it was STILL damaged and needed repair. Laura was created without authorization because they wanted an exact clone, and Sutter and Rice shot down Sarah's proposal to duplicate the X chromosome and make a girl. Sarah needed genetic material to repair the damaged sample, but because she was working off-books she couldn't access the regular donor bank, so she used the most convenient source of DNA that wouldn't come up under an inventory check — herself — to repair the sample.

Done.

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    This will all go upside down when it’s revealed Mystique planted a Krakoan flower in the Orchis Forge Habitat, thus establishing a network link between Mother Mold and Krakoa’s ability to locate / catalog / sustain mutants. Perhaps that is her leverage for getting Destiny back.
    Wouldn't Charles already know that? Benefits of scanning the minds of all your people is that you know when someone's planning to betray you.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    How often are readers actually thinking anyone is going to die at all? If anything, this could make writers create actual stakes that matter instead of the hacky shock value deaths we've been getting.
    I agree.
    I see the resurrection pods more as an "in case of emergency" device to be used ONLY in extreme and necessary circumstances.
    Not as a "Rogue gets eaten by a Dinosaur...no worries, we'll just hatch a new Rogue" silly-willy-nilly plot device.
    I think there may be factors and contingencies so that it doesn't become an over-used Deus Ex Machina (lierally).

Fantastic Member

I'm surprised so many people are suddenly having issues with the culty aspects of krakoa/charles/magneto et al. It went up a notch with naked namings and verifications of their identities, but it isn't like half that crowd hasn't seen logan's privates already anyway, and the culty vibes have been in since the beginning. Ororo, as someone who's had people worship her and familiar with religious overtones, is probably one of the best to do the presenting. The only thing that's missing is the big 'why' of 'why are they suddenly taking up such a tone of zealotry and superiority when that's what they've fought against since their inception' as it pertains to not-magneto and the x-men? But I see that as a natural point of conflict that will inevitably arise when the theatrics have already been done and more depth can be given to individuals. Naturally, there will be dissenters.

The resurrection of the team wasn't at all surprising (we knew they wouldn't stay dead), but it being done by giving more context to earlier pages is cool, and he both set up a semi-reasonable explanation (although 'goldballs' is hilarious as the catalyst when there's probably much better organic-matter-creating mutants out there), explained why it can't just be done to bring everyone back, and shows the obvious problem they're going to inevitably run into when someone targets one of the five. Or all of them. And they don't seem to be trying to keep their resurrections a secret, given how they made a religious showing of it (somehow devoid of The Phoenix referencing? that was the part I found oddest, given its natural symbolism and total lack of appearance or connection to anything so far), meaning people will figure out they've got cloning-not-cloning capabilities quickly and will try to put a stop to it.

I think it's probably not worth going into of mind/body/soul arguments and semantics because if they can recreate the body and Xavier is cloudsaving every single mutant mind on krakoa on a weekly basis (where does he find the time?), the soul aspect is pretty nebulous to begin with in terms of marvel lore. Illyana has done fine with hers being a literal sword existing outside of her body at all times and seemingly connected by some nebulous metaphysical link (with a shocking lack of problems of people trying to break it), and kurt has managed fine without one at all. There's plenty of past examples of the soul as a concept being more a luxury than a requirement for sentience in the world.

I'm starting to think the next wave (and maybe someone can clarify for me if I've missed it since I don't keep close track of the newest spoilers/hype info) will start at "X1" or, basically, ten years of a timeskip into the future, because it seems too coincidental the math worked out for bringing back everyone lost from Wanda in ten years to not be a throwaway reference, especially relating to the ways in which timelines between HoX/PoX have been shown so far. Makes sense, too—a solid ten years to sow lines of rigid belief and justified doubt between those who believe in the mutant nation and krakoa and what xavier and magneto are doing, and those that inevitably say **** it, this ****'s weird, I'm out, and start doing their own things, potentially to the detriment of the others. It also makes mutants more of an actual species (one million is like, endangered or something, compared to the two hundred they had for a while, which is imminently extinct in terms of species classification I believe.. or something close to it).

Have they brought Kaga to Krakoa or did they forget to feed him when Cyclops died first time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Wouldn't Charles already know that? Benefits of scanning the minds of all your people is that you know when someone's planning to betray you.
    Telepathic resistance and shielding is a thing and a convenient plot device to get around this

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I do wonder still when the heck Vulcan will appear. Still have not seen him and only e few issues to go.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I'm legit giddy that all mutants are welcome to Krakoa, even a pretender like Maddie.

All mutants are invited except Wanda.

Just gonna put this here.
    IMG_6183.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Telepathic resistance and shielding is a thing and a convenient plot device to get around this
    If that's true. The pod people are not real ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    I'm legit giddy that all mutants are welcome to Krakoa, even a pretender like Maddie.

All mutants are invited except Wanda.
    She's not a mutant in current continuity

BANNED

Can I say how much I'm loving the voices captured for both Storm and Emma. I cannot damn wait until Marauders drops. These two are going to be glorious together. I really hope it's one of them that blackened Kitty's eye. Lolol

BANNED

Screenshot (35).jpg

Sinister will mess this up.