Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default OOT, OOP: Dungeons and Dog Demons (Inuyasha specifically)

After several years of heroic adventuring the Dungeons and Dragons kids have finally managed to make it back to Earth.

Unfortunately for them, they didn't exactly make it back home. Instead, the ended up in Japan during the
    Warring States era. A strange version of that time in which demons and magic can be found throughout the
    land. In other words, the Japan of Inuyasha.

Luckily for them, thanks to mana that permeates the era their magic works as well. Not only that, but the
    Dungeonmaster had imparted them a gift when he found them on his world, one they didn't realize they had
    until the got to Japan.

You see, it seems he gave them the ability to speak and comprhend any language, to help them understand
    people no matter where they roamed on his world. Such a gift was not apparent while they were on his
    world, as they simply assumed everyone spoke English, but they readily discovered it when they found the
    could understand Japanese.

So, what happens to this motley crew of magically equipped adventurers? What friends and enemies do they
    make? What impact do they have on the land they now find themselves in? How long will it take before they
    find a way back to their own place and time?

I, The Watcher, pose this question to you all...

What If The Dungeons & Dragons Kids Wound Up In Inuyasha's Japan?

Unless they kept their heads down and stayed out of trouble, they wouldn't survive any encounter with the demons there. Their magic and weapons had it's uses, but it was simplistic and weak by InuYasha Standards.

Most of their weapons were capable of handling swarms of giant, flying, swarms of various demons and monsters, and the D&D group weren't very fast.

If they run into the InuYahsa team, they might get along with them well enough. I can see Diana and Sheila talking to Kagome and Sango. Eric would get on the girls' nerves, but Miroku might get along with him. InuYasha would stay aloof, for the most part, though Hank might make an effort to talk to him. Bobbi would remind Kagome of her own little brother, actually he might remind Sango of hers as well. Presron, guess it depends on how much he improved on his magic from the early part of the series, though Shippo might take to him in a competitive sort of way.

I'll admit, it would be interesting seeing Hank and Kagome doing the archery thing side-by-side. Might make InuYasha a bit jealous. So yeah, I can see them all fighting side-by-side.

But on their own? The D&D kids aren't up for the challenge.
    Last edited by Tami; 09-17-2015 at 09:06 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

they just need to find the girl (I can't remember her name) and follow her back through that magic well thingie that takes her back to modern Japan.

Although according to Wikipedia, Inyuyasha (or at least the "modern time" bit) is set in 1996, and the Dungeons and Dragon Cartoon ran from 1983-1985, with no indication of the setting before they got dumped.

So they may wind up a decade or so in their future, but it will be a lot cooler than 500 years in the past.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    they just need to find the girl (I can't remember her name) and follow her back through that magic well thingie that takes her back to modern Japan.

Although according to Wikipedia, Inyuyasha (or at least the "modern time" bit) is set in 1996, and the Dungeons and Dragon Cartoon ran from 1983-1985, with no indication of the setting before they got dumped.

So they may wind up a decade or so in their future, but it will be a lot cooler than 500 years in the past.
    *Chops MunchKing on the head for forgetting Kagome's name*

But the well wouldn't work for them. Only Kagome and Inuyasha can time-travel through it.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    *Chops MunchKing on the head for forgetting Kagome's name*

But the well wouldn't work for them. Only Kagome and Inuyasha can time-travel through it.
    Not strictly true.

It also worked for Yura of the Demon Hair.

And the little boy. And the Tanuki kid.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    And the little boy. And the Tanuki kid.
    No, Only Kagome, InuYasha and a few demons that are between life and death can travel through the well. No little boys or Tanuki's ever made the trip. If you are thinking of Shippo, he has waited for Kagome inside the well, even called out to her, but he never crossed the Time Barrier.

Unless the Dungeon Master comes to collect them and bring them back to either the Dungeon or their own home, the D&D kids are stuck in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    Not strictly true.

It also worked for Yura of the Demon Hair.
    Yura never crossed through the well. The Centipede Demon from the first episode did, but only because she was nothing but bones. Crossing over gave her part of her life back, and she went after the Jewel to become fully living again.

It's the Jewel that powers the movement through the well, and Kagome and InuYasha's connection to the Jewel and to each other that allowed them to travel through it.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Yura's hair went through the well when she had a Shikon shard, and Yura had no problem perceiving/controlling it through the time dilation, which makes it seem like the only reason she herself didn't go through is that she didn't really feel the need to.

Kagome probably wouldn't mind bringing them back with her using some jewel sugars if their own status as time/dimension travelers wouldn't let them use it without her somehow. Or EoS IY uses the Cutting Meidou to drop them off in their own/Kagome's time, depending on the limitations of that power.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Yura's hair went through the well when she had a Shikon shard, and Yura had no problem perceiving/controlling it through the time dilation, which makes it seem like the only reason she herself didn't go through is that she didn't really feel the need to.

Kagome probably wouldn't mind bringing them back with her using some jewel sugars if their own status as time/dimension travelers wouldn't let them use it without her somehow. Or EoS IY uses the Cutting Meidou to drop them off in their own/Kagome's time, depending on the limitations of that power.
    The hair did, but she didn't. Might have taken the whole Jewel to allow Yura to fully go through. Buy it's nature, normally nothing living can go through the well. Hair doesn't qualify as Living.

Makes me want to re-watch the first episode.
    Last edited by Tami; 09-17-2015 at 04:59 PM.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The hair did, but she didn't. Might have taken the whole Jewel to allow Yura to fully go through. Buy it's nature, normally nothing living can go through the well. Hair doesn't qualify as Living.

Makes me want to re-watch the first episode.
    Yura and her hair being living/unliving is kinda nebulous seeing as how she is actually a comb and her "body" is a construct made our of hair with which she can see, hear, and speak through.

Naraku was able to pull some shenanigans with the Bone Eater's Well too, but that's after he had absorbed the Shikon no Tama so that hardly counts.

Inu Yasha being able to go through the well is presumably because Kagome's soul wants to be with him considering their 3 year hiatus while she was finishing high school, so she might just be able too drag the D&D kids with her if she doesn't think too hard about it.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 09-17-2015 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Yura and her hair being living/unliving is kinda nebulous seeing as how she is actually a comb and her "body" is a construct made our of hair with which she can see, hear, and speak through.

Naraku was able to pull some shenanigans with the Bone Eater's Well too, but that's after he had absorbed the Shikon no Tama so that hardly counts.

Inu Yasha being able to go through the well is presumably because Kagome's soul wants to be with him considering their 3 year hiatus while she was finishing high school, so she might just be able too drag the D&D kids with her if she doesn't think too hard about it.
    My theory is because InuYasha was "Dead" for 50 years. That, and his connection to Kagome/Kikyo (Kikyo was also Dead, and Kagome got a touch of that from being her kinda reincarnation).

The Bone Eater's Well was called that because it was the place they dumped the bones of dead demons/Yokai. That built up a lot of Dead Karma over the years.

And Yura was partly dead herself, since she kept her soul outside her body.

Bottom Line, no, I do not believe there is any way that Kagome could drag the D&D kids through the Well with her. Nothing like that ever happened in the series.

Having the Shikon no Tama might possibly allow One Person to go through the Well, maybe. But not all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    If you are thinking of Shippo, he has waited for Kagome inside the well, even called out to her, but he never crossed the Time Barrier. .
    I thought Inyuyasha took him to the future when he fought the Noh-Mask lady, but looking at my manga that was right BEFORE they met him, so that must be wrong.

I will continue my research!

Well, even so, Presto's hat was known for pulling out whatever plot device he needed, so maybe it has a way to make the Well work.