Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I think it's fascinating how mutants are basically nature itself, and proto humans are the machines used to basically wreck the enviorment. The x-men has basically become natural vs. artificial.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Now that i think about it vision is proably the closet thing there is to Homo nocvissima. His powers and abilities come from tech but he is able to adapt and have human emotions etc. So the perfect mixture of technological advances with human genetic material basically equals a synthesized human.
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-10-2019 at 06:16 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Perhaps a bit off topic but could the Novissima be what the Children Of Vault are?
    They would be the predecessors.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Perhaps a bit off topic but could the Novissima be what the Children Of Vault are?
    Hickman is pulling a lot from Carey’s and gillen’s and Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Now that i think about it vision is proably the closet thing there is to Homo nocvissima. His powers and abilities come from tech but he is able to adapt and have human emotions etc. So the perfect mixture of technological advances with human genetic material basically equals a synthesized human.
    His brother Victor Mancha (Victourious) is a better example Ultron made him to be a perfect detectable fusion of biology and tech.

https://screenrant.com/xmen-reboot-e...cret-spoilers/

This sums up what I’ve been thinking

[I]
    Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    His brother Victor Mancha (Victourious) is a better example Ultron made him to be a perfect detectable fusion of biology and tech.
    You right.

Humans are really in the ultimate catch 22. Destroy mutants and go on a path where you will eventually destroy your own humanity by turning yourself into exactly what you want to be and ascending or learn to live in balance with mutants and surrender to what the natural order is and become something new, perhaps unknown.

The funny part is kind of no matter what Xavier's dream is the only way for this to work is get the humans on your side before they head to far down that path.

the resurrections make sense too, mutants have at the very least 990 years before ascenscion if it runs that course so you need as many mutants alive as possible to save everything.

Though i guess the alternative could be to just wipe out all the humans and go from there but Xavier is smart to create these habitats to add as much natural life to planets as possible. mutants need to start terraforming and creating more natural life in general if they plan on staving off ascenscion. Starting with climate change on earth, that i think in the MU will be the first step forward or backwards toward this future in the MU.

Lol this post was random.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

I think it's fascinating how mutants are basically nature itself, and proto humans are the machines used to basically wreck the enviorment. The x-men has basically become natural vs. artificial.
    Yeah, it's amazing how Hickman has led it there. And it ties to everything. Look at Krakoa where everything is done by mutant powers and being tech-free. The mutants are representative of biology's resistance against mankind's harnessing of technology to be entirely deprived of environment. Nobody has ever really done that before and yet it's so simple and fitting.

And the next time the X-Men fight the Avengers or the Fantastic Four (which I think it's safe to say will happen eventually in some event or another in Hickman's tenure), there will be real stakes as opposed to last time.

I also think/hope that Hickman's take on that should/ought to influence how other Marvel writers look at characters. For instance, how would writers see Tony Stark's "Test-pilot of the future" stuff if confronted with Hickman's view that this is basically helping along the process by which mankind some day becomes part of some sentient blackhole. What role does environment and ecology play in Tony's vision? Likewise, you have Black Panther where Wakanda and its Vibranium creates a loop of environment and mankind technologically achieving symbiosis of some kind. TNC is a major reader of Hickman and admirer of him I know, so this should be interesting if he chooses to explore it. Even Spider-Man, he creates web-fluid and swings around manhattan with it, he's also been transformed into a Spider-Being via being a beneficiary of the Spider-Totem. And he basically has adapted entirely to his urban environment and so on.

And then you look at fellows like Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Yeah, it's amazing how Hickman has led it there. And it ties to everything. Look at Krakoa where everything is done by mutant powers and being tech-free. The mutants are representative of biology's resistance against mankind's harnessing of technology to be entirely deprived of environment. Nobody has ever really done that before and yet it's so simple and fitting.

And the next time the X-Men fight the Avengers or the Fantastic Four (which I think it's safe to say will happen eventually in some event or another in Hickman's tenure), there will be real stakes as opposed to last time.

I also think/hope that Hickman's take on that should/ought to influence how other Marvel writers look at characters. For instance, how would writers see Tony Stark's "Test-pilot of the future" stuff if confronted with Hickman's view that this is basically helping along the process by which mankind some day becomes part of some sentient blackhole. What role does environment and ecology play in Tony's vision? Likewise, you have Black Panther where Wakanda and its Vibranium creates a loop of environment and mankind technologically achieving symbiosis of some kind. TNC is a major reader of Hickman and admirer of him I know, so this should be interesting if he chooses to explore it. Even Spider-Man, he creates web-fluid and swings around manhattan with it, he's also been transformed into a Spider-Being via being a beneficiary of the Spider-Totem. And he basically has adapted entirely to his urban environment and so on.

And then you look at fellows like Doom.

It really does make the mind race. You bring up some good examples of that, how far are those people willing to go to limit their own advances to ultimately save humanity. Earth's mightest hero's in particular aren't doing much to help humanity in general either. It also adds a deeper consciousness to the humans as well. Like for instance the church, if the church who once though mutants were abominations had the information that mutants were in fact created by god as they like to see it and the end of them is the end of the line that he created on earth. What does that do to them. Where does your allegiance lie in that tipping point and what does that do to your faith. Then people who ignore enviormental factors, don't care about the cost to the climate if it means being able to eat due to lower prices. Right now humans might hate mutants but the tipping point is when they realize they don't care about the world or the natural order and mutants are just a part of that. When humans finally give up on being human and see the the rising tides as a problem, or wind as troublesome. mutants just become another natural resource to use up and find a way to live without.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

It really does make the mind race. You bring up some good examples of that, how far are those people willing to go to limit their own advances to ultimately save humanity.
    Suddenly Reed Richards being a patent hoarder doesn't look all that useless after all.

Like for instance the church, if the church who once though mutants were abominations had the information that mutants were in fact created by god as they like to see it and the end of them is the end of the line that he created on earth.
    We have that in Moira's Ninth Life, "The last cardinal of the last religion". As Rasputin tells him, "You've forgotten that machines have no soul and humanity lost theirs a long time ago."

What does that do to them. Where does your allegiance lie in that tipping point and what does that do to your faith. Then people who ignore enviormental factors, don't care about the cost to the climate if it means being able to eat due to lower prices. Right now humans might hate mutants but the tipping point is when they realize they don't care about the world or the natural order and mutants are just a part of that. When humans finally give up on being human and see the the rising tides as a problem, or wind as troublesome. mutants just become another natural resource to use up and find a way to live without.
    This is some real Nier Automata stuff. It makes the X-Men feel 21st Century like never before.

Mighty Member

Suddenly Reed Richards being a patent hoarder doesn't look all that useless after all.

We have that in Moira's Ninth Life, "The last cardinal of the last religion". As Rasputin tells him, "You've forgotten that machines have no soul and humanity lost theirs a long time ago."

This is some real Nier Automata stuff. It makes the X-Men feel 21st Century like never before.

... how? Like legitimately how? This couldn't be the furthest from Automata's overall message.

Automata is all about the rejection of these arbitrary labels and striving to find purpose in one's self when the realization that purpose in the world is fleeting and also in the face of the reality that God is dead.
    Last edited by Woozie; 10-10-2019 at 08:55 AM.

It’s crazy to think but Hickman made it canon that “super-men” groups like the avengers and fantastic four are the real enemies to mutantkind

Wanda and Ironman are the worst ones btw

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    ... how? Like legitimately how? This couldn't be the furthest from Automata's overall message.
    You are right. I meant Nier Automata in terms of Post-Humanity and so on...the idea of mankind being entirely consumptive of biological and technological matter to escape their environment. Not the message of Nier, but the form, tone, and style...if you get my meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    It’s crazy to think but Hickman made it canon that “super-men” groups like the avengers and fantastic four are the real enemies to mutantkind
    He more or less has. It answers the age old question, "Why are the X-Men hated and the Fantastic Four loved?" "Why are mutants persecuted in a world where other heroes are honored?" "What role do the X-Men and mutantkind have in the Marvel Universe?"

Hickman answered all of them at once.

Can't wait for Magneto to rip Iron Man to bits and pieces.

As for Wanda the Pretender...there will be much and more words with thee soon enough.

Mighty Member

You are right. I meant Nier Automata in terms of Post-Humanity and so on...the idea of mankind being entirely consumptive of biological and technological matter to escape their environment. Not the message of Nier, but the form, tone, and style...if you get my meaning.
    Okay, I can kinda understand this stance. Cause from an Automata message standpoint, the writer of it would look at this conflict and think it's pants as on head stupid as the machine android war.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post

I think people are mixing the two and hickman did not make super men the villians. Super men are still men. The villians are post humans. When man gets to a point where humans are no longer born but rather created or rather manufactured in a factory is the enemy. That has nothing to do with super humans other than inspiration for their ideas. I think people are missing the manufactured part, these aren't natural life forms.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.