Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's probably one of the better Rachel redesigns.

Could this run have helped rehabilitate Beast?

Not sure if I prefer this Captain Britain book for Betsy or not.
    Definitely looks better than the look they’re giving her in Excalibur and harks to both her British heritage while expressing the ninja side of her.

Fantastic Member

He could still do this. I mean mutants are spread across the universe. Betsy is Captain Britain. Sunspot is going into space anyway and previously was dealing with dimensional stuff before with Avengers. Rachel and Beast fit too. Maybe add Havok, Polaris maybe Gambit and Rogue since they been in space recently too

He needs to move on.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I prefer To's Captain Britain design, it makes more sense for a Betsy who is back in her original body and embracing her own culture. I don't like Rachel's look at all. Beast's is alright.

As for the concept, it's potentially interesting, but I've never been much of a fan of Bunn's writing.

I usually love line-ups including Sunspot, but if it was in 2015, I'm glad it didn't happen.
    Roberto was getting major character development back then in Avengers, being the true leader of the team while Steve and Tony were acting like children.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

BANNED

Better to serve in X-Heaven than to rule in Avengers hell.

Yeah, no.
    If Hickman, Spencer and Ewing didn't write him, he would still be the New Mutant's hot head and would be used every five years to pour coffee for Scott, Logan or Ororo.
    There are mutants like him or Beast who got their best years in Avengers.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

If this is the UXM pitch that eventually became the Magneto/Psylocke/Sabretooth/Monet/Archangel book then it would have been after Hickman's Avengers and Secret Wars

And at the same time as Ewing's New Avengers

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Everyone's post Secret Wars X-Men book got editorially mandated into the Inhuman gas nonsense. Only the two Wolverine books were untouched.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I think Bunn is wildly overrated, but I like his enthusiasm and it's a cool idea with nice designs.
    Bunn tended to be boring at best. Nice guy though.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I like the design and the ideas, but I imagine I would have been underwhelmed by the execution.
    Sadly, I agree. The concept sounds awesome, but Bunn's X-books never quite managed to reach their potential. Even with editorial interference, I'll never forget how underwhelming the end to Magneto's team was.

It's interesting to see how he pitched Betsy as Cap Britain so long ago and Rachel's big new role.

BANNED

Magneto was great besides Lorna poor characterization. His subsequent work was sabotaged by editorial meddling so its hard to appreciate whether he's good or not.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Magneto was great besides Lorna poor characterization. His subsequent work was sabotaged by editorial meddling so its hard to appreciate whether he's good or not.
    Agreed. All the plans he said he had for Uncanny, I was very interested in. But it was bogged down by crossover events and doesn't seem he even got to start on some of the stuff he really had planned before that run ended. Yet Guggenheim & Pak could do whatever they pleased on worse books. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Sadly, I agree. The concept sounds awesome, but Bunn's X-books never quite managed to reach their potential. Even with editorial interference, I'll never forget how underwhelming the end to Magneto's team was.

It's interesting to see how he pitched Betsy as Cap Britain so long ago and Rachel's big new role.
    Bunn had decent ideas, but somehow always managed to feel like a fill-in arc.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I think it's fair to judge Bunn's work outside of the X-books. The Fearless and Fearless Defenders never paid off on the promise they held either; I really wanted them to be great, but they just weren't. Venom went from great, to bad, to boring when he took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Yet Guggenheim & Pak could do whatever they pleased on worse books. lol
    If there's any writer that has worse fill-in writer vibes than Bunn, it's Guggenheim.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Agreed. All the plans he said he had for Uncanny, I was very interested in. But it was bogged down by crossover events and doesn't seem he even got to start on some of the stuff he really had planned before that run ended. Yet Guggenheim & Pak could do whatever they pleased on worse books. lol
    This is part of comics.

This look like abook I would ready more even the Uncanny they let him write.