Page 628 of 745 FirstFirst ... 128528578618624625626627628629630631632638678728 ... LastLast
Results 9,406 to 9,420 of 11164

New chapter of The Polaris Chronicles. Chapter 2: Of Blood and Fire.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/135...pters/31807641

Retelling of X-Factor #243, with more POV on Lorna and an attempt at adding more gravity to it (whether I did any good at that effort, no idea). It's the second chapter of my "one chapter per month" fic plan to celebrate Lorna's 50th anniversary.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Polaris fans, please don't forget to participate and post your list of your top 10 favorite Marvel Comics characters on this thread: http://community.comicbookresources....VEL-CHARACTERS

More X-men fans voting, more chances of the X-men ranking higher and better.

BANNED

Can only hope Bunn's bein' coy, in regards to Lorna's upcoming leadership role in Blue, as that interview barely gives her a mention. At least we still got the AWESOME Emma D. & Gifted, tho, to get us by:

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Can only hope Bunn's bein' coy, in regards to Lorna's upcoming leadership role in Blue, as that interview barely gives her a mention. At least we still got the AWESOME Emma D. & Gifted, tho, to get us by:

Love that logo! Also, kudos to whoever made that fanart. They did a wonderful job at capturing that moment, where Polaris revealed who she really was.

Yeah, at this point the only thing I'm really looking forward to is The Gifted. It's proven that it understands Lorna, and wants to actually do something with the character. My enthusiasm for Blue continues to take a nose dive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    ... My enthusiasm for Blue continues to take a nose dive.
    Yeah, I was making some inroads, I thought. But that most recent interview, left me pretty discouraged, gotta say. Made it sound like it's not about her at all, and she's just an afterthought. Kinda like how the 05's Angel & Iceboy have been treated, in a way - suX!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Love that logo! Also, kudos to whoever made that fanart. They did a wonderful job at capturing that moment, where Polaris revealed who she really was.

Yeah, at this point the only thing I'm really looking forward to is The Gifted. It's proven that it understands Lorna, and wants to actually do something with the character. My enthusiasm for Blue continues to take a nose dive.
    Emma Dumont commented on the Hellfire queen Lorna.

But, yes The Gifted writers took the time to search through Lorna's vast comic archive to distill out what they found what is truly interesting about the character while ignoring the trash.

Last week I thought to myself when I was down about her prospects in the coming arc between the focus on other characters and possession... well at least Lorna will set up or help set up the new Blue team.
    Last edited by jmc247; 03-02-2018 at 03:04 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Yeah, I was making some inroads, I thought. But that most recent interview, left me pretty discouraged, gotta say. Made it sound like it's not about her at all, and she's just an afterthought. Kinda like how the 05's Angel & Iceboy have been treated, in a way - suX!
    Sorry. I know you were trying to lighten the mood, I'm just bitter lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Emma Dumont commented on the Hellfire queen Lorna.

But, yes The Gifted writers took the time to search through Lorna's vast comic archive to distill out what they found what is truly interesting about the character while ignoring the trash.

Last week I thought to myself when I was down about her prospects in the coming arc between the focus on other characters and possession... well at least Lorna will set up or help set up the new Blue team.
    Yeah, I saw that. Its nice seeing someone reach out to the fans who make this stuff. She really appreciate it. Agree 100% with what you said about the writers on The Gifted. They've left the trash where it belongs, in the past.

I decided to make a list of recommended Lorna issues for new fans for her 50th anniversary which I subdivided.

Important to understanding her worldview.

1. Of Darkest Nights: Uncanny X-Men 442-443- One wants the closest thing to what I would call the world according to Lorna this issue is it. One can feel the influence of this arc on the characters depiction in The Gifted. Few other writers she had over the years cared enough to provide a world according to Lorna arc so Austen's in the end got adapted in the last animated TV show and heavily influenced The Gifted Lorna. Nuff Said.

2. Ambient Magnetic Fields: New X-Men 132- Grant Morrison covers the X-Men's return to the mass grave that had become of Genosha. This single issue completely changed Lorna's trajectory as a character and also was adapted into the last animated series as part of the Badlands arc which merged New X-Men 132 and Of Darkest Nights.

Understanding Lorna’s origins.

1. X-Factor 243: The well developed background story of the death of Lorna’s mother.
    2. Uncanny X-Men 430-431: Lorna’s discovery before the Sentinels came to Genosha.

Political Lorna

1. War of Kings #1-2
    2. Uncanny X-Men #379-380
    3. War of Kings: Who Would Rule #1
    4. X-Men #99

Lorna at War

1. Uncanny X-Men #424
    1. Emperor Vulcan #5
    2. Uncanny X-Men #380

Lorna and Romance

1. Uncanny X-Men #425-426
    2. Astonishing X-Men #62
    3. Uncanny X-Men #419

Lorna and Family

1. All New X-Factor #13
    2. Magneto #20
    3. X-Factor #260
    4. War of Kings #1, 2
    Last edited by jmc247; 03-02-2018 at 09:34 PM.

Spectacular Member reptarcereal's Avatar

Hey guys, I have a question about Lorna's powers. I know she lost them after M-Day but they were restored artificially as revealed in Brubaker's run. My question is, have they been restored naturally since? Or are they still artificially simulated?

Quote Originally Posted by reptarcereal View Post
    Hey guys, I have a question about Lorna's powers. I know she lost them after M-Day but they were restored artificially as revealed in Brubaker's run. My question is, have they been restored naturally since? Or are they still artificially simulated?
    what does that mean and what does it matter? There was nothing to restore "naturally" as she already had her powers restored via Apocalypse's celestial tech

Quote Originally Posted by reptarcereal View Post
    Her powers were restored by Celestial technology, but more then a few people confused about that and believed she had machines giving her power like Iron Man only even more internally. That was never actually stated, just something inferred by some fans based on some uncertain comments on the matter in the year or so after.

Just remember Magneto's powers were artificially restored by Celestial technology too. The writers didn't do that on accident as that was the technology that created mutants in the first place, but the writers were working around editorial restrictions of no new mutants period so they were 'repowered', but it was a few years before they could be 'confirmed to be mutants' again.

Lorna was confirmed as a mutant as was Magneto by Cerebra in X-Men Legacy in 2011 as if you have an X-gene you are a mutant.

But, I appreciate it when fans ask questions about something they are unsure of.

In the end Lorna being a mutant really hasn't mattered from M-Day to now and for a character sort of custom built towards the political side of mutant affairs being divorced from mutant politics and mutant issues for the longest time since Claremont’s run very much hurt the character. In the 1990s to 2005 Lorna was a character deeply involved in mutant issues, but after that nada. If she was a human powered by a machine like Tony Stark or a mutant it wouldn't have mattered.

We will see if this ends up being the first year since 2005 her mutant identity actually matters again.
    Last edited by jmc247; 03-04-2018 at 05:35 PM.

Spectacular Member reptarcereal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Her powers were restored by Celestial technology, but more then a few people confused about that and believed she had machines giving her power like Iron Man only even more internally. That was never actually stated, just something inferred by some fans based on some uncertain comments on the matter in the year or so after.

Just remember Magneto's powers were artificially restored by Celestial technology too. The writers didn't do that on accident as that was the technology that created mutants in the first place, but the writers were working around editorial restrictions of no new mutants period so they were 'repowered', but it was a few years before they could be 'confirmed to be mutants' again.

Lorna was confirmed as a mutant as was Magneto by Cerebra in X-Men Legacy in 2011 as if you have an X-gene you are a mutant.

But, I appreciate it when fans ask questions about something they are unsure of.

In the end Lorna being a mutant really hasn't mattered from M-Day to now and for a character sort of custom built towards the political side of mutant affairs being divorced from mutant politics and mutant issues for the longest time since Claremont’s run. If she was a human powered by a machine like Tony Stark or a mutant it wouldn't have mattered.

We will see if this ends up being the first year since 2005 her mutant identity actually matters again.
    Thanks for your kind answer! Clears things up for me.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf3HvfUh...alker_bait_112

Lorna has alot of aspiring young artists as new fans.
    Last edited by jmc247; 03-06-2018 at 08:46 PM.