Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Do you think they would add Shogo to the cast?

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Jubilee as a teenage unwed mother? No. His existence ages her bc of that type of responsibility and maturity that comes along with raising a child, even if it is via adoption. He really isnt core to any stories so I dont see why he'd be added. Maybe a cameo appearance but not a permanent part of the recurring cast

I hope not.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 05-03-2020 at 03:02 PM.

Astonishing Member

Not unless they took a serious timeskip. But I do think they could send Sentinel X (the Shogo from that one time travel story I can't remember the name of) back in time to meet her.

The thing about Jubilee in the animated show is that she was pretty much just there to fill the role of kid character. So, she's pretty much around to ask questions, get kidnapped and occasionally burst into tears. She's also essentially got no past and no future. Her background in the comics is that she was a rich, Beverly Hills kid who lost her entire family and way of life in one tragic weekend and then spent the next two years fending for herself until she found the X-Men. In the show, her past was summed up as "I never knew my real parents. I just bounced around from foster home to foster home". The characters tied to her past like Aunt Hope, Reno and Molokai and Hunter Brawn either went unused or didn't exist yet. And in all of X-Men:TAS's various horrible futures, she's no where in sight. She's even acknowledged as the first X-Man who died in Bishop's future. So, it would just be nice if they could put some meat on those narrative bones, so to speak. Even if they have to invent some stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I understand where you're coming from. But I kind of want to see a continuation because there are some characters in the Fox show's cast that aren't likely to be in the main cast if it isn't one. I mean, I want to see more of Gambit. And I want to see what a cartoon could do with Jubilee when she doesn't have to shoulder the role of kid/viewpoint character. And since the cartoons are more often made by fans these days and certain X-Men fans often like to skip past any members that joined between Rogue and Emma Frost, it kind of felt like the best bet. Heck, I'm still surprised Wolverine and the X-Men used Gambit, Bishop, Marrow and Psylocke as guest characters.
    More and more, I'm realizing how much I dislike Wolverine and the X-Men. Storm and Angel a couple? And with no chemistry. They made Psylocke into an easily-dispatched, weak villain (with some weird "Asian" dress as a uniform). Forge was a bumbling, also weak young adult. The story with Iceman's parents was executed with the subtlety of a monster truck. Did Colossus talk? Gambit was pretty bad. The only guest character I remember liking was Lorna because that "Into the Badlands" story was kind of inspired by what happened to her in the comics after Genosha massacre. Bishop was good too.
    Last edited by superjosh; 04-22-2020 at 01:59 PM.

The only guest character I remember liking was Lorna because that "Into the Badlands" story was kind of inspired by what happened to her in the comics after Genosha massacre. Bishop was good too.
    The Badlands was a great episode.

Overall I felt the Magneto's family came off pretty well in WATXM because they were the leaders of the counterpoint faction. Magneto himself was done dirty at the end of the season. I very much trust the creators of TAS won't savage the character like that as they consistently wrote him as an honorable mutant rights activist who goes to extremes on occasion. But, I do hope he is the leader of a faction of mutants as if they go too much with the end of TAS idea of him as an X-Men ally or new Xavier then his kids will be really hurting for even weak guest roles as they were on TAS unless they think way outside the box.

I would take TAS Magneto any day over WATXM Magneto, but by the same token I would take WATXM Polaris, Wanda and Pietro any day over the TAS versions.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-22-2020 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The Badlands was a great episode.

Overall I felt the Magneto's family came off pretty well in WATXM because they were the leaders of the counterpoint faction. Magneto himself was done dirty at the end of the season. I very much trust the creators of TAS won't savage the character like that as they consistently wrote him as an honorable mutant rights activist who goes to extremes on occasion. But, I do hope he is the leader of a faction of mutants as if they go too much with the end of TAS idea of him as an X-Men ally or new Xavier then his kids will be really hurting for even weak guest roles as they were on TAS unless they think way outside the box.

I would take TAS Magneto any day over WATXM Magneto, but by the same token I would take WATXM Polaris, Wanda and Pietro any day over the TAS versions.
    Agreed! TAS did really well for the core team and mixed on the guests. IMO they're mainly only guilty of under-developing some of the characters like Pietro and Wanda. Psylocke would have been ok if she had the English accent. She was never a vigilante thief in the comics, but she did have an adventurous/mischievous side. But overall, they didn't screw up origins/introductions and such (except for Forge being in the future for some reason) and stayed close to the source material.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    More and more, I'm realizing how much I dislike Wolverine and the X-Men. Storm and Angel a couple? And with no chemistry. They made Psylocke into an easily-dispatched, weak villain (with some weird "Asian" dress as a uniform). Forge was a bumbling, also weak young adult. The story with Iceman's parents was executed with the subtlety of a monster truck. Did Colossus talk? Gambit was pretty bad. The only guest character I remember liking was Lorna because that "Into the Badlands" story was kind of inspired by what happened to her in the comics after Genosha massacre. Bishop was good too.
    when they did something right they hit it out of the park and when they missed they really missed. It gave some lesser-known characters the chance to thrive, like you mentioned Lorna and Bishop. But some A-Listers were left cold, like Storm's entire tenure .... even apart from that stuff with Angel which I completely blocked out until now lmao. The phoenix arc suffered because Jean hadn't had the chance to be super developed but I loved Emma and the HFC. The DOFP stuff was pretty awesome.. Now im just listing stuff lolll. basically what I want from a new series would be the same kind of willingness to approach the stories we know and love from new avenues and perspectives

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    when they did something right they hit it out of the park and when they missed they really missed. It gave some lesser-known characters the chance to thrive, like you mentioned Lorna and Bishop. But some A-Listers were left cold, like Storm's entire tenure .... even apart from that stuff with Angel which I completely blocked out until now lmao. The phoenix arc suffered because Jean hadn't had the chance to be super developed but I loved Emma and the HFC. The DOFP stuff was pretty awesome.. Now im just listing stuff lolll. basically what I want from a new series would be the same kind of willingness to approach the stories we know and love from new avenues and perspectives
    Yes, THIS! The original TAS interpreted DOFP differently, but they did it well and used Bishop. Similarly, WatX took several stories like E if for Exinction, and wove it into the whole season. I'm totally down for this, as long as they're respectful to the characters. I never wanna see a wimpy Forge who needs a teenage Kitty to save him. Or Psylocke taken out by a flick of the wrist from Emma.

That being said, I also do love when they're super faithful to the comics like TAS did with the Phoenix Sagas. I know they can't always do that, but sometimes it's just magic! TAS wins for me by a mile in that regard.

I guess we've strayed pretty far from the original conversation about the costumes. I'm leaning towards them being ok, but I do wish they updated them a little more. They do kind of have a cutesy Mega Man look to them that I could do without, but that could just be these particular artists' styles. I think the coloring is too bright and could be taken down to earth a little. Gambit needs his cowl and Storm needs a re-do.

So Marvel did their X-Men:TAS watch-along live tweet session today and on their twitter they're re-tweeting tons of responses. I know the idea is to keep things interesting for their fan during the pandemic, but it really does seem like something's brewing.

And maybe I'm slow, but I never made the connection that the Disney+ X-Men:TAS profile icons are these same costumes:

mnp7of3w89q41.jpg

What's going on??? I need to know!!
    Last edited by superjosh; 04-25-2020 at 01:27 AM.

One can only hope. A new animated series would be a great start.

Follow with X-men cameos in live action MCU films (Eternals, Doctor Strange 2, Captain Marvel 2, Black Panther 2, Shang Chi) and Disney+ shows (Falcon & Winter Soldier, Wanda-Vision, She-Hulk), and then launch some Dis+ shows of their own like Hulk vs. Wolverine, Gambit, etc. Finally, an Uncanny X-men Phase 5 MCU movie. Boom. Let’s do this!

BANNED

I wonder if this is still happening? they added these redesigned xmen for a reason.

If the world wasn't in such a mess right now maybe we'd have seen some new by now.

Long as it has the theme tune and isn't ANYTHING like avengers assemble/spiderman it can't go wrong.

Loeb is gone now so I have hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    One can only hope. A new animated series would be a great start.

Follow with X-men cameos in live action MCU films (Eternals, Doctor Strange 2, Captain Marvel 2, Black Panther 2, Shang Chi) and Disney+ shows (Falcon & Winter Soldier, Wanda-Vision, She-Hulk), and then launch some Dis+ shows of their own like Hulk vs. Wolverine, Gambit, etc. Finally, an Uncanny X-men Phase 5 MCU movie. Boom. Let’s do this!
    Yes. Would love that. It seems that we won't get X-Men team movie at least till 2024.

I hope that all cameos will start aoon and we will get some D+ mutantbrelated series on 2023 before first full X team movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Mystique along side the team makes me think this is like the most recent X-Men films in animated form(if this in fact a premise for a new animated series). If this actually becomes a thing... [deep voice dramatic tone] "I foresee this being one of the worst things to happen to the X-Men in a very long time and it's repercussions could be... catastrophic."