Default Notable Writers Absent From All-New All-Different Marvel

Where are all the other big names in this All New All Different branding? Yes there's Bendis and Aaron, with new faces like Soule and Wilson but how comes there's no Rick Remender? He wrote one of the the flapship series of Marvel Now. Same with James Robinson who tried to turn Invaders into a thing again. I assumed he'd be an architect in this as well but haven't seen his name mentioned.

Some of the absences I get are because the writer is taking a break (like Hickman) and others appear to not be on great terms with the company (looking at Fraction) but any ideas re the other absences? Is everyone leaving to do creator owned material? Any other big names usually associated with Marvel that are missing?

I hope Remender writes vol. 3 of Uncanny Avengers and features Jan/Alex story in it. The story needs to be resolved.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

They're launching about 60 new books, so unless they drop at least 40 names chances are we aren't getting a very clear picture of who to expect.

Fantastic Member

We know about 4 or 5 books that are coming out with creators like Waid, Soule, Wilson, Bendis, Asrar, Marquez and (it's implied he's starting UI) McNiven. Isn't this a bit premature?

One I'm worried about is Chris Yost. He gets less work every time. For SW he's just writing one mini! And I want to see the conclusion of Aracely's and Kaine's adventures, dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of DC View Post
    We know about 4 or 5 books that are coming out with creators like Waid, Soule, Wilson, Bendis, Asrar, Marquez and (it's implied he's starting UI) McNiven. Isn't this a bit premature?
    I could not find it but there's a list from the press release of the architects (whatever term they're using now) with guys like Bendis, Aaron, Waid, Lemire, Wilson, Soule etc. They are obviously not going to be the only writers in the MU, but it stuck out that some of Marvel's typical big gun writers were missing. Two of them (Hickman and Fraction) have reasons for being absent which I understand, I'm just curious about the others.

To answer the question stated, yes its very premature.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    They're launching about 60 new books, so unless they drop at least 40 names chances are we aren't getting a very clear picture of who to expect.
    This is true, I'm sure we're going to be introduced to a lot of new writers with this initiative. Plus there are lots of other writers who definitely will have books for sure lik Spencer, Taylor, etc etc but I'm more asking about the big name writers usually involved in steering the direction of the company and where the ones we know?

Fantastic Member

This topic is extremely premature. They haven't talked about even one tenth of their future books. We have no way of knowing who will write what right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    One I'm worried about is Chris Yost. He gets less work every time. For SW he's just writing one mini! And I want to see the conclusion of Aracely's and Kaine's adventures, dammit!
    Scarlet Spider was cancelled because of poor sales, and then New Warriors was cancelled because of poor sales. Looks like not enough people want to read the conclusion of Aracely's and Kaine's adventures.

Christopher Priest is missing. Also David Walker.