Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    You ever read a story called AvX? If you have, and you still asks this question, then its beyond your understanding, and explains why Marvel puts out this crap.
    Read that and this, and that still doesn't answer it. Avengers aren't pro phoenix on this story, it was the Phoenix that made them fight.
    there isn't hipocrisy

Ultimate Member

Apparently AvX hasn't ended yet

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Can we stop calling Jen "Hulk?"
    Jen is "Hulk"
    Bruce is "Him-Hulk"

Quote Originally Posted by captchuck View Post
    Jen is "Hulk"
    Bruce is "Him-Hulk"
    Hahaha, nice

I call Aaron The Destroyer's Jen "She-Brute" or simply "The Brute", but to each their own.
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-13-2021 at 11:42 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ultimate Member

Why do people not like Jen as "Hulk"?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Because it takes away everything that made the character interesting: her quirky personality, her intelligence, breaking the fourth wall, her fun-loving nature, her cheerfulness, her unique dare I say sexy look. It reduces her to nothing more than the Incredible Hulk after a sex change in terms of appearance, personality, and actions.

Because she's She-Hulk.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Because it takes away everything that made the character interesting: her quirky personality, her intelligence, breaking the fourth wall, her fun-loving nature, her cheerfulness, her unique dare I say sexy look. It reduces her to nothing more than the Incredible Hulk after a sex change in terms of appearance, personality, and actions.
    Because she's She-Hulk.
    I guess so. But I've never understood why she gets to be "sexy" and he gets to be a "monster". Is it because she's female?

I guess so. But I've never understood why she gets to be "sexy" and he gets to be a "monster". Is it because she's female?
    Editorially, it was to make the characters unique I believe to better differentiate them.

In-universe, it is explained that Jen has more control from the start over her transformation so it mirrors what she wants to be rather than what she fears becoming (other than a brief period of transition near the start). Remember, due to the abuse he suffered at the hands of his sadistic father, Bruce Banner is one messed up dude who has plenty of inner demons he is suppressing before the gamma bomb incident.

Ultimate Member

Editorially, it was to make the characters unique I believe to better differentiate them.

In-universe, it is explained that Jen has more control from the start over her transformation so it mirrors what she wants to be rather than what she fears becoming (other than a brief period of transition near the start). Remember, due to the abuse he suffered at the hands of his sadistic father, Bruce Banner is one messed up dude who has plenty of inner demons he is suppressing before the gamma bomb incident.
    That's true, Bruce does have more emotional trauma. I guess it just didn't seem to make sense to me how every female hero has to be "beautiful" but male ones get to be "ugly"

That's true, Bruce does have more emotional trauma. I guess it just didn't seem to make sense to me how every female hero has to be "beautiful" but male ones get to be "ugly"
    Ah yes, but, no matter how "ugly" they are nearly every male hero or villain (90% at least) has the chiseled muscular body of a Greek god regardless of age.

I guess you could look at it that way but the main thrust of her character is how she's different from Bruce and embraces her Gamma form when Bruce doesn't, and how it contrasts with the normal Hulk transformation.

That's pretty much how 90% of fictional verses work.

Males are generally always huge, buff and older to look more warrior like rather than young Justin Bieber or Anduin from Warcraft universe lol.

Females generally always look young, beautiful and are much less muscular but they still have some muscles on them.

It's a common trope in fictional stories.
    Last edited by GodThor; 04-13-2021 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    That's prettymuch how 90% of fictional verses work.

Males are generally always huge, buff and older to look more warrior like rather than young Justin Bieber lol.

Females generally always look young, beautiful and slightly muscular.

It's a common trope in fictional stories.
    This, exactly this. Both sexes are almost always physically "idealized". People expect them to be at this point if not consciously certainly subconsciously.

Ultimate Member

Ah yes, but, no matter how "ugly" they are nearly every male hero or villain (90% at least) has the chiseled muscular body of a Greek god regardless of age.
    That's true, and I'm not a fan of that either. But women usually aren't sexualized for being powerful like men usually are. And not all muscularization of male characters is a form of sexualization

I guess you could look at it that way but the main thrust of her character is how she's different from Bruce and embraces her Gamma form when Bruce doesn't, and how it contrasts with the normal Hulk transformation.
    I see. I think her personality can still be intact even if she looks more monstrous.