Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    A situation in which a cop shoots a teenager who has a knife and is lunging at another teenager is messier than the initial description of a cop shooting a teenager who was just defending herself.

The officer's life wasn't in danger, but someone else's was.

While 984 people have been shot and killed by police in the past year, how often were the police clearly in the wrong?

I picked a random ten police shootings, the first ten results for 2021.

The one situation in which someone was unarmed, he punched officers, and gave one of a concussion.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/0...ooting-nuuanu/

This would require a change in training and procedure. It will also result in some innocent people dying, which is a messy question, even if we figure it will save more lives in the long term, because more knife-wielding maniacs will survive to get the help they need.

Who has the ability to stop this happening? What are the steps we can take to solve it?
    If I knew I wouldn't be tired, I'd be activated in trying to do something.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Just saw on the NBC world news about a black man killed by a sheriff deputy while serving a search warrant. The family says he was unarmed. And one have any info on this?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    But only the Dems are pedos right?
    Terrible people have no boundaries, political, racial, religious, nationality, or profession.

This would require a change in training and procedure. It will also result in some innocent people dying, which is a messy question, even if we figure it will save more lives in the long term, because more knife-wielding maniacs will survive to get the help they need.

Past that...

You've got to be realistic about that there is no real way of controlling how things could spin out of control if you are doing that on an even remotely regular basis.

Let's say a cop is just shooting to wound.

- Does Everyone Else In The Immediate Are Just Stay On The Sidelines?

- How Many Times Is It Going To Be Acceptable To Shoot To Wound Someone?

- Are You Seriously Going To Have Even Decent Odds Of Stopping A Person From Dying From A Pair Of "Shoot To Wound..." Injuries Before You Can Realistically Get Them To A Hospital?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Honestly that was a pretty standard use of force. You are allowed to use lethal force if your life or someone else’s life is in imminent danger of death or severe bodily harm. The victim was about to stab someone. There was no chance pepper spray was stopping that. So you were left with long range options of a gun or a taser. A taser takes longer and is less reliable. So the officer went with the more effective method when someone else’s life was at risk.

I get it, cops have no right to the benefit of the doubt, but the sad reality is one of those two girls was either dying or facing extreme bodily harm if they didn’t die and the cop made a choice to save the one who was in danger. That’s going to be near impossible to say he acted inappropriately and face any consequences.
    Yeah, as far as I see, the police officer did his job here. I think protestors are just shooting themselves in the foot in Columbus. Why is Al Sharpton involved here? If you protest everything, then nobody will take legitimate protests seriously.

Sorry but that is literally Lone Ranger fantasy stuff, equivalent to shooting the guns out of their hands. I was once in a meeting with a minister from a church that believed in total non-violence who suggested exactly shooting someone coming at you with a knife in the shoulder or leg and a Criminal Justice major unable to keep himself from laughing and the minister saying, I take it that's not very realistic?" In fact, the guy literally had used the Lone Ranger as his example.

There's a huge problem but some of that problem is people having zero experience of being in life and death situations and having all sorts of unrealistic ideas of what's viable in such a situation and not realizing a cop can hesitate like many want him to and he's likely dead for doing it because these are split second decisions no matter how well-trained.

It's far more productive to not focus on situations like this one where the cop did exactly what he should have done for his own safety or another person's or situations where someone is refusing to comply and reaches under a seat for something after repeatedly refusing to obey the officers. It's far better to focus on things like the George Floyd situation where the subject was subdued and no threat and what followed was not justifiable by immediate danger.
    Last edited by Powerboy; 04-21-2021 at 04:56 PM.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    Yeah, as far as I see, the police officer did his job here. I think protestors are just shooting themselves in the foot in Columbus. Why is Al Sharpton involved here? If you protest everything, then nobody will take legitimate protests seriously.
    Agreed. There cant be a protest every time something happens. It is going to get to the point that cops are going to start second guessing everything and in the heat of the moment that could cost people lives. Could there have been a non deadly way to handle this? Maybe there could have been. I would live to have seen the cop try to restrain or use mace. But at the end of the day I am hoping people do not over react to this. As I said before I dont think there will be charges and after watching the video several times and reading more on this there should not be charges.

There were a lot of people with knee jerk reactions when the news frist broke. Including me. But this is not a case like Floyd or Taylor or the many others.
    Last edited by babyblob; 04-21-2021 at 05:46 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

This is bizzare

Ben Carson defends op-ed arguing racial equity is 'another kind of racism'

Former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson began trending on Twitter on Wednesday after an appearance on Fox News in which he discussed his belief that calling for racial equity is "another kind of racism."

Appearing on Fox News's "America's Newsroom," Carson discussed an op-ed he recently wrote for The Washington Post titled, "Moving our focus from equality to equity won’t defeat racism. It’s another kind of racism."

"Proponents of equity see no problem with treating groups of people differently based solely on race, as long as it serves their agenda," Carson wrote in his piece. "This is what we used to call racism, and those not blinded by identity politics still recognize it as such."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

What do you all think of the two trainee cops that were present during Floyd's murder? I don't think they belong in jail. One of them even asked Chauvin if he should get off Floyd's neck.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Agreed. There cant be a protest every time something happens. It is going to get to the point that cops are going to start second guessing everything and in the heat of the moment that could cost people lives. Could there have been a non deadly way to handle this? Maybe there could have been. I would live to have seen the cop try to restrain or use mace. But at the end of the day I am hoping people do not over react to this. As I said before I dont think there will be charges and after watching the video several times and reading more on this there should not be charges.

There were a lot of people with knee jerk reactions when the news frist broke. Including me. But this is not a case like Floyd or Taylor or the many others.
    It looks to me like there was little to no time to take action. As far as I know, the standard police procedure in these situations is to shoot. Taser, mace all those things have time delay... It's an unfortunate situation. I'm no law enforcement professional, but I don't see what else he could have done.

I heard Lebron James tweeted the officer's photo with a caption saying "You're next". That kind of crap is ridiculous and irresponsible. Not to mention dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    It looks to me like there was little to no time to take action. As far as I know, the standard police procedure in these situations is to shoot. Taser, mace all those things have time delay... It's an unfortunate situation. I'm no law enforcement professional, but I don't see what else he could have done.

I heard Lebron James tweeted the officer's photo with a caption saying "You're next". That kind of crap is ridiculous and irresponsible. Not to mention dangerous.
    I dont fault the cop for what he did. I just wish it had gone differently. And Lebron doing that is very dangerous. he damn sure needs to delete that tweet.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    What do you all think of the two trainee cops that were present during Floyd's murder? I don't think they belong in jail. One of them even asked Chauvin if he should get off Floyd's neck.
    I don't think the trainee cops should be in jail. But the third one was a full-fledged officer right? He needs to be prosecuted for sure. A precedent needs to be set that officers can't just stand by and do nothing while another officer is breaking the law.

Fantastic Member

It's the standard view of the right. Racial equity refers to racial quotas eg: affirmative action etc. ie: take race into account for a job post rather than ignore it.

A situation in which a cop shoots a teenager who has a knife and is lunging at another teenager is messier than the initial description of a cop shooting a teenager who was just defending herself.

The officer's life wasn't in danger, but someone else's was.

While 984 people have been shot and killed by police in the past year, how often were the police clearly in the wrong?

I picked a random ten police shootings, the first ten results for 2021.

The one situation in which someone was unarmed, he punched officers, and gave one of a concussion.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/0...ooting-nuuanu/

Who has the ability to stop this happening? What are the steps we can take to solve it?
    Yeah, I don't know what the answer is either, but somehow other Western countries are able to handle these situations much better than our law enforcement. I think that it has a lot to do with the type of people who seek jobs in this career in this country. Depending on which study you believe, law enforcement officers are 2.5-4x as likely to beat their wives. The fact that police unions are so powerful and we have structures in place to protect officers that commit violence against our citizens can be shortsighted and highly problematic in itself. I realize that officers sometimes make mistakes, but our system almost gives them a 'Get Out of Jail Free' card for being as racist as they want to be. As a career choice, law enforcement in this country is to racists as being a Catholic priest is to pedophiles.

policekillings_rates.jpg
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

The reason it's so unrealistic to expect a cop to shoot to disarm or to stop the suspect from running is that they are taught to shoot to kill. Look at a police firing range. Where are the bullseyes? On the head and the heart. Maybe if cops were trained to disarm or disable suspects instead of using lethal force as a first resort, we might have fewer cases like these.
    Watching television is not an activity.