Page 630 of 661 FirstFirst ... 130530580620626627628629630631632633634640 ... LastLast
Results 9,436 to 9,450 of 9901
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Taking a stroll in the warm, calm air, Zaofan remembers that he had promised Ms. Evangeline that he would tend to the garden and plants, to make up for using the leaves and roots for his meals.

Turning the corner, he sees a friendly, familiar presence by the flower bed and bushes, the plants that Zaofan mistakenly thought would yield kava roots.

"Master Balon. It's good to see you again."
    Balon smiles, seeming years younger.

“You as well. I was about to ask for transportation off so I could head home to Marron.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "See ya." He replied, deciding he would mull on her words another time. Making his way back to Kami and his grandmother, he noticed her eyepatch was missing and underneath was the same strange phenomenon that had come across Phospho in the Pendulum room.

"Good, Charco has returned, so I may begin." Zippa said, before pausing for a few moments. She had often rehearsed what she was going to say this day for some time, but even now, she found it difficult to find a place to start.

"Do you remember the last battle we fought together, Eva-sama? In that battle, Phospho did not come out unscathed, although at the time we had ensured you otherwise. His opponent placed a curse upon him that accelerated his injuries and in only a few short years my husband was crippled in body and mind. In his weakness and frustration, he gave into the darkness within and Rex consumed him."

Before Charco could ask what this Rex was, his grandmother looked to him in question, "Charco, do you remember that story I told you when you were young? Of the dinosaur who made a wish on the Dragonballs?"

The boy looked puzzled, uncertain why she was dredging up old children's' tales, "You mean that fairy tale about being careful what you wish for and the danger of being too prideful? Yeah, but I don't see what that has anything to do with it."

"I never said it was a fairy tale. The spirit of that beast has lingered since those days, lurking in the darkness of our beings... as I am sure you have already discovered. This spirit's power was easily strong enough to dispel the curse placed upon your grandfather's body, but it chose to let his mind and spirit wither, using him a vessel to wreck havoc on the world. I could not allow that to happen, so I was forced to vanquish Rex back to the darkness, at the cost of Phospho's life."
    Eva nods sadly.

“I see. I was gone, seeking help among the strings of fate. I regret I was not there for you.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Eva nods sadly.

“I see. I was gone, seeking help among the strings of fate. I regret I was not there for you.”
    "Do not blame yourself. It was an issue we had chosen to keep to ourselves." She replied, "Now I must speak to Charco in private. Perhaps after that, we can have some tea like old times before I leave."

With that said, Zippa began walking away, quickly followed by her grandson.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Do not blame yourself. It was an issue we had chosen to keep to ourselves." She replied, "Now I must speak to Charco in private. Perhaps after that, we can have some tea like old times before I leave."

With that said, Zippa began walking away, quickly followed by her grandson.
    Eva nods to the tea plans as Charco is lead away.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Having talked with Jinzi, Midori and Shiro walk away and Shiro asks "So, do you have any plans for while I'm away gathering materials?"

"Hmmm? Oh yeah! I'm planning on finding and downloading some sword styles, probably for broadswords." Midori answered, and Shiro asked "Whatever for?" Instead of verbally replying, Midori held up her hand, her Baningu Sodo coming to life in it.

"In hindsight, that was a rather obvious answer." Shiro replied, Midori allowing the sword to vanish as she said "Thinking of getting an actual broadsword to fight with too. Maybe see if I can form my energy sword around the actual sword."

"Interesting idea." Shiro said, deep in thought. Maybe she'd see about getting a sword on her mission. Make a nice gift for Midori.

"Now, can you explain what you're planning to have done to us to increase our usefulness in battle?" Midori asked, and with a smile Shiro went into a rundown of her plans to her sister.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Default Reunion - Part 1/?

Willa calls out one last time.

“I know you, Ochazuke. You had better hope they throw me away in the deepest, darkest hole and throw away the key. Because I will find you if they don’t.”

And with that, she turns her attention to Slak. She will not speak to Ochazuke again.
    She turned her attention from him, and Ochazuke turned his back on her in kind. After what Held had told him of their encounter, he'd spent long hours in mediation preparing himself to see the Colonel in person get the measure of her. What depths of vision could have turned Kenshiko to such violent abandon?

Now that he had talked to Willa, but for the well of her depleted power he had found her lacking. No doubt she would make good on her promise; should that day should come, he would be ready, and that was that. It was a matter of course that was plain to see. Yet it had taken more than four years for him to realize the ruin he'd left in his wake there when he shed the mantle of the Crane School. The burden loosed from his conscience fell its weight someplace else.

Unlocking the Capsule transport, Ochazuke stood before the descending door ramp of the riddled vessel. He faced the lights of suspended control systems, the only specks of illumination within an empty darkness. Unmoving, Ochazuke reached the field of his meditation toward the familiar seats where he'd left Kenshiko. Empty seats now, disturbed only by a distortion in the air of a local heat-haze.

A void of sharp, invisible fire stuck out, spread to render his energies fodder.

A technique to disappear completely...

Observing the air where it warped, he stood before the Tiger where she lay cloaked in her stripes, bleeding out in silence. Nothing but the essence of danger across that span between them.
    ______

"My name is Zosui. They say Hakyoku Ko-ou Ken, the Fist of the Tiger King, is the most powerful style in the region. I want to learn from the Tiger of Ori City, if you'll have me, Sensei."

______

Fading away was not without consequence. Though she hid from him, he knew she was there; And everyday since then, for more than four years, she knew somewhere in the world, he was out there, too.
    ______

"You're not from around here, are you? Still, if you're willing to back up those words, then be prepared to work. From today forward, you're learning under me, and you'll address me as Kru."
    ______

Ochazuke could taste the blood in the air. He'd disappeared, taking away the Tiger School, her twin sister, and even her revenge. What more could he possibly take from her? He took a step to the transport, but stopped short before entering. He knew what he must do, but he could not while the scar across his heart fell under heavy, hellish burning. The air in the hold gradually gave way, revealing Kenshiko where she sat propped against the wall, head back, skinned hands pressing to her side where the blood that stained her uniform quickened.

“So here you are. Finally you've stopped running.”

Ochazuke looked at her, lost for words, before turning around completely with his back to the craft. A low seethe escaped Kenshiko's clenched teeth. He sat himself upon his knees, facing the Lookout then. There he cast his eyes over the small, happy reunions gathered in this spot of heaven.

“Of course not, heh. Have you at least decided to stop lying, Zosui, or whoever the hell you are?”

She'd never known his real name. One of the secrets he and Kaibyo kept from her. The twisted image beheld in the craft was a reflection of the distortion he'd fed her.

"Are you deaf? What do you want?"

If nothing else, he'd offer vengeance to her now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Hearing the tone in Asha'rah's voice as she expressed that she had in fact enjoyed the culmination of her own efforts, Ishtar offered the Goddess a small- and knowing- smile at her hoping for such a thing to come to pass again. And why should Asha'rah not ? Had the Oni after all, not readily accepted the offers presented when they came 'round ? In a cave in the city of Dusk, all those days ago with the Id, Erosa. That initial touching of minds revealing within the Familiar a cacophonous blossoming of instinct and reason warring for dominance, underlined by a singular carnal desire ...

"I see. One can only hope a suitable partner for that return to ... form ... can be found."

The explanation that followed however, about the nature of a balance sought between creation and its opposite, briefly dispelled such notions of sex and its benefits. And as the golden-eyed Oni listened as Asha'rah explained what was sough all those millennia ago, and what was required for the worlds- and life found on them- to flourish and progress ... Ishtar found herself sat in silence as the memories of her past were paired against this 'truth'.

"..."

The words of comfort that followed however, caught the Oni off-guard, and head jerking slightly Ishtar turned her eyes towards the expressionless mask of Asha'rah's facsimile face, only for her eyes to widen slightly in surprise as the Goddess took her hand and said, of all things: I enjoy your company. And Ishtar then found herself only capable of staring.

How ? Why ?

While it seemed they served- or would serve- a similar purpose- that of balance and its maintenance- they were opposite sides of the same coin.

To say nothing of how little they had spent in each other's company.

In the six days they had shared the same timeline, there had only passed between them a brief conversation some days prior, and an offering- and rejection- of aid when Ishtar's arm was charred, and blackened. And even more recently, the battle between themselves and the Witch of the Moon ... as well as Asha'rah's sacrifice to save Ishtar's own life. Yet Asha'rah did not seem the type to speak without thinking, or without understanding the meaning of what she said. So the only reason such things would be said ... were if the woman actually meant it.

After a moment of simply sitting and staring, the cold mechanical fingers of a shackled goddess wrapped around her own; Ishtar offered another small smile. "Forgive my ... silence. In truth I ... I am not sure how to adequately respond. Though ... I suppose ... I ... in the end, I am glad you find my presence to be an enjoyable thing."

In the end, what was felt now was of a passing similarity to the way she had felt only moments before, with Sarada.

It had been, and in truth was, far stronger with the Saiyan ... that almost numbing warmth that was contentment slowly inundating the Oni's body and soul by simply being near the girl. And the ultimate reasons for such were perhaps again, different ... The feelings towards Sarada as wholly innocent- to simply share her warmth, and proximity- as they were decisively carnal- to explore the Saiyan's body, and feel her writhe beneath her fingers- yet here ... now ... perhaps the beginnings of such could be felt here towards the Fallen Eikon.

In the end, it was hard to say. Yet there was something. After all ... Asha'rah knew well what Ishtar was, and did not seem to mind.

" ... How passing strange." Blinking, the Oni's expression gave way to a passing embarrassment as she realized that she uttered that aloud; and with a sigh then Ishtar shook her head before saying somewhat softly.

"Ah ... What a mess I am, today. First with Sarada ... and now this."
    Ishtar wished Asha'rah good fortune in finding a partner when she eventually regained the ability to enjoy the carnal pleasures once more. A partner would be glorious, yes. Asha'rah let out an amused hmm as she gave another slight nod. But of course, all would flow first from ascending once more. Of finding a way, some way, to loosen the bonds that held her to this robotic body. She did not hate her prison, not really. She felt no restriction, had most of her senses, and continued to live through it well enough. How many hours had she spent in training, in meditation, in pondering the world and its truths? No, it was not so horrible a fate, with her shattered memories beginning to return. But she would be free if she could.

“After you left the lookout to fight Battersea, we realized Fife was on his way. I asked Evangeline for some of her ki, that I might delay him with a bluff. It was glorious. For a brief moment, the metal peeled back in places. I could feel, truly feel the wind on my skin, smell the sea and speak with a tongue. It did not last long, but I know it is possible. I have already been halfway up the mountain, however briefly.”

Ishtar’s reaction to the touch was…dumbfounded? Not negative, positive even, but dumbfounded. Ah, of course, they had hardly spoken. Ishtar shone like the sun in the group, conversing and carousing, sparring and advising at every turn. People felt her presence. Asha’rah had not needed to speak much to see the the other’s influence. Asha'rah deeply appreciated the empathy and drive of one so timeless, admired it in fact. She patted Ishtar’s hand.

“Enjoy our mess, Ishtar. There will be greater challenges ahead. But the fruits of victory are ours today. The Earth is alive, invaders have been exposed, and Evangeline finally has closure. Pretty good for a few weeks of work, I would say.”

With that, Asha’rah leaned her head back, and let dreams take her once more.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 04-26-2018 at 04:36 PM.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "Vocado? Oh hell yeah! I learned... a lot from him," said Tasure, grinning. "Guy's just as tough as the legends say... hell, even tougher! But what really surprised me is how... wrong the legends got his character. He's... hm, well, serious, but not unfriendly. Not at all cold, cruel, and ruthless like the legends say, at any rate."
    "Hm," Maiz hummed curiously. The history books proclaimed that Vocado was just as ruthless, brutal, and savage as the Saiyans of Otatop IV's day, which was used as the reason why it was best for them to remain that way. 'A Saiyan can best bring out his power by tapping into the latent savagery we as a race have had within us since the days of Vocado,' the training manuals of old stated. It was pure propaganda by Otatop, who used any and every excuse to justify his campaign of conquest, genocide, and enslavement.

"I'm glad he's far different than the history books say. Maybe this little fact will be what will finally push our race away from our sullied past." If anyone believed her, that was. Saiyans were as stubborn as they were prideful, and those two traits fed off each other. It was a vicious cycle that led to mental stagnation and threatened to push them to extinction. Perhaps a man like Jagam wouldn't even be a threat if they as a whole embraced the truth, thus unlocking their true potential.

It was purely a what-if, and did no good to dwell on, but still.

Tasure listened to Sarada talk with a neutral, unreadable expression. She was... surprised that Totoma had actually earned a purebred's respect. She glanced at her son and he did seem surprised, but also pleased. She was pleased to, because... really, what he'd really wanted as a kid was respect from one purebred other than herself.

...she'd tried to introduce him to Maiz during their last trip, as she was sure that Maiz would have been astounded at his power, but by the time they met, Totoma... hm, well, he'd just recently lost a friend back then... halfbreed girl, quite talented, that had a "training accident" with an instructor at the CTC. It clearly hadn't been--the camera footage had confirmed it--though the guy got off with no punishment.

...for a few days, until Totoma challenged him to a deathmatch. The idiot had accepted and, heh, well, Totoma had killed him right in front of the entire class. The scum deserved it, but still... Toto had been brutal, literally reducing the man to a crying, simpering mess, begging for mercy and forgiveness. Totoma had left his fate up to the girl's parents, and, unfortunately for that instructor, they had no mercy or forgiveness to spare for him.

"I see... so Mato became King, just as we planned," said Tasure, nodding in approval. "I wish I could've been there to support him, along with Toto, but I see he managed. No surprise, he was always a smart and strong man, good at choosing effective, like-minded people to surround himself with."

It eased her heart to know that, while she was dead, her beliefs had apparently become mainstream on Vocado... or at least more popular. She'd tried and tried to get her race to listen, but eventually, she'd just given up. Until Mato came into the picture, Maiz had been the only person that understood the truth, really.

"After I take care of some... business here, I think I'll be paying Vacado a visit," said Tasure, allowing a smile to crack her stoic mask. "See things for myself, catch up with Mato... maybe say 'told you so' to some of the sonsabitches that laughed at me."

Ah, to be proven right... what a great feeling!
    Sarada cracked a smile herself. She had had her doubts whenever Maiz went on one of those spiels about how Saiyans needed to be more relaxed when training, relaxed when relaxing, get away from fighting so much, and just rest their nerves and their bodies. None of it made sense at the time, and it all went against everything she was taught and raised to believe. It wasn't until she was forced to leave and travel to Earth that she realized that this way of life was the right course.

She felt foolish for not even considering it when she had the chance. If she had, then perhaps she wouldn't be here.

Well, maybe she would. Eva would have just found another string to pluck. Maybe one that was a bit more... positive, instead of preventing her from enslavement.

"Everyone will be thrilled to see you," she said with no doubt in her mind. "And a little confused, but mostly thrilled. You've become a folk hero to a lot of people my age, so don't be surprised if they all stumble and say something dumb."

...these two reminded her of Totoma when he was their age, though more... innocent. If these two were representative of the youth of Vacado today, then things were looking bright, indeed. Despite the harsh words (and likely denials if she brought it up) she could tell that these three did care a lot for each other, and... relatively openly. So unlike the Saiyan 'families' of the past, and more like... an earthling family.

"I'm... flattered. You're too young, though, and I will not betray my life-mate Bekon," said Tasure. "Still... if you plan to stay on Earth, I would be more than willing to give you a bit of training, as long as you don't mind Toto and... probably Karine, because those two are joined at the hip, being there."
    "Yes, obviously," she answered, letting her brother go after rubbing his scalp into submission. "Also, it's impossible for two females to bear a child, so I don't even know why these morons would make up something so unbelievable."

"But, we didn't!"

"Shut it."

Training with Tasure had been a dream of hers ever since she was a girl. A pipe dream at the time, but now the opportunity stood before her. There was only one correct way to answer. "YES! Ahem. I mean, sure, I'll train with you. And Totoma owes me a lesson since I taught him how to control his Oozaru form, so we can just kill two Arcosians with one stone," she answered. "I don't mind waiting, either. You know, I have things and people to do myself."

Speaking of, where was Jack? Not only did she have to find out where he lived, but also had to square away the little matter of the bet they made earlier that day. She eliminated four participants, and it was her hope that he didn't match or exceed that. She really wanted him to teach her the mechanics of the Dead Man's Hand. It was possibly a waste, but she wanted to be sure, given how potentially lethal it was. If he cared about her as much as she did about him, then he would likely be hesitant or outright refuse, which was where her winning the bet came into play. At that, he wouldn't be able to refuse.

"So... you're life-mate was an Earther, right? What's it like mating with them?" She figured she would hear it from someone with experience so she could know what she was getting into. She'd hate to rip Jack's pants down only to see that he didn't have a penis or had a tentacle or no balls or something crazy like that. With these alien races, there was no telling.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

She smiles a bit wistfully.

“My mother and my father, not Battersea but the one who raised me. One wish for each. The third one would have been for the Raiders. Legitimize then, create a country for them to live in maybe. I would have left it up to them.”
    "Those are not bad wishes," Slaks says. "The first two, at least. I have no idea how your people would manage a country."

Not well, he guesses.

"Most wishes are like that," Slak adds. "Even though wishes are inherently selfish, they usually boil down to very simple wants, just different ways of achieving happiness. There was someone who just wished to be taller. Just that."

Slak snorts.

"But it is for that reason that we allow the Dragon Balls to keep existing in spite of the danger they pose. People should be able to struggle towards their wishes. You just went about it the wrong way... and that is why your wish will not be granted."

It is harsh, but it is the truth.

"You probably don't want to hear this, but it is probably for the best. If you had revived your parents, and they saw what you had done, it would have hurt them for worse than their deaths did."

Slak pauses to gather his thoughts for a moment. He feels entirely too awkward. He is really no good at this. Elder Troppo always made it look so easy.

"However, that doesn't mean you can't see them again," he says. "As I am given to understand, the afterlife does actually exist. As you are now, you probably won't go to the same place as your parents, but... you still have time to change. At least, I think you do. Consider it. I do not wish the life I saved to go to waste."

With that Slak stands up and leaves.
    Last edited by Hazard; 04-26-2018 at 06:14 PM.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Unsure how long she slept, but doubting is was long at all, Meagan woke up still a little tired but not feeling much like going back to sleep. Perhaps some food, or some fresh air. Getting herself together, she starts walking through the building, heading upwards towards the plaza.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Tasure blinked. "You... you haven't? But... "

She went silent, clearly at a loss for words. It... didn't make sense. The two were clearly attracted to each other, and they'd known each other for so long--fifteen, sixteen years, she remembered--so they definitely had strong feelings towards each other. So... why wait?

Shaking her head, Tasure sighed. "Right, whatever. You Earthlings and your weird hang-ups about mating. So, anyway... adopted a Saiyan, eh? Unusual. I'm gonna take a guess and say..."

Pausing, she thought. Either the child had lost her parents here on Earth--unlikely, as Tamaki was not a Saiyan name--or they'd found her as a baby. Since the practice of invasion babies had been discontinued long ago, that meant...

"...she has SaiyAIDS, doesn't she?" It was the only logical explanation for how she'd ended up on Earth and had such an... un-saiyanlike name.

Meanwhile, Totoma, having overheard Karine say that they may mate soon, was lost in his own little world, tail standing all the way up and wagging back and forth furiously, almost like a metronome. A stupid, ****-eating grin was plastered across his face.

"I didn't know it had a name until recently until recently, but yes." Karine admitted. "Though I don't believe its contagious considering is history I can still understand the concern. I also have a biological sister named Kylie too, she's about four. Here, think I have one picture.."

She dug into her pockets before getting a picture to show Tasure the picture, it had Kylie, herself and Tamaki. "Should be easy to tell which is which just looking."

"Good, you are all still here," Slak says as he walks out into the Lookout.

There is also a Saiyan woman of immense power level that had not been there before. He somehow missed her arrival while talking with Willa.

Huh.

"There is something important I must share with you."
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

There is also a Saiyan woman of immense power level that had not been there before. He somehow missed her arrival while talking with Willa.

Huh.

Meagan steps out onto the plaza just as Slak began talking. As soon as she heard, she stopped to listen.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

Huh.

Sarada sighed and excused herself from the other Saiyans.

Maiz nodded. "I'd like to talk with you before the days is over, Sarada," she said.

She nodded and walked over to Slak. "So, what's wrong now?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Hm," Maiz hummed curiously. The history books proclaimed that Vocado was just as ruthless, brutal, and savage as the Saiyans of Otatop IV's day, which was used as the reason why it was best for them to remain that way. 'A Saiyan can best bring out his power by tapping into the latent savagery we as a race have had within us since the days of Vocado,' the training manuals of old stated. It was pure propaganda by Otatop, who used any and every excuse to justify his campaign of conquest, genocide, and enslavement.

"I'm glad he's far different than the history books say. Maybe this little fact will be what will finally push our race away from our sullied past." If anyone believed her, that was. Saiyans were as stubborn as they were prideful, and those two traits fed off each other. It was a vicious cycle that led to mental stagnation and threatened to push them to extinction. Perhaps a man like Jagam wouldn't even be a threat if they as a whole embraced the truth, thus unlocking their true potential.

It was purely a what-if, and did no good to dwell on, but still.
    That would be nice, but...

"Without any proof, the only ones that will believe me will be you, Mato, and a few others," said Tasure. "...though I suppose me returning from the afterlife after, presumably, being confirmed dead might make my claims more... believable. Regardless, with me backing him, there's absolutely no chance of anyone overthrowing Mato. We can just stay the course and let the old ways die off one geezer at a time."

Sarada cracked a smile herself. She had had her doubts whenever Maiz went on one of those spiels about how Saiyans needed to be more relaxed when training, relaxed when relaxing, get away from fighting so much, and just rest their nerves and their bodies. None of it made sense at the time, and it all went against everything she was taught and raised to believe. It wasn't until she was forced to leave and travel to Earth that she realized that this way of life was the right course.

She felt foolish for not even considering it when she had the chance. If she had, then perhaps she wouldn't be here.

Well, maybe she would. Eva would have just found another string to pluck. Maybe one that was a bit more... positive, instead of preventing her from enslavement.

"Everyone will be thrilled to see you," she said with no doubt in her mind. "And a little confused, but mostly thrilled. You've become a folk hero to a lot of people my age, so don't be surprised if they all stumble and say something dumb."
    A folk hero, huh? Had a nice ring to it. It was a hell of a lot better than being famous for excelling at genocide or other similar activities. She'd... participated in one invasion--just one--and had been so sickened and dismayed at the whole thing--despite playing a pivotal role in its success--that she'd instead opted to immediately strike out as a mercenary.

She'd been good at it, of course--amazing, even--and a good portion of her fame came from her solo merc days, but... things had really turned around for her once she'd joined the riskbreakers. Meeting Bekon, making a small, but tight-knit group of friends... Totoma's birth, settling on Earth, and watching her boy live and grow with a curious mixture of curiosity and pride... it had actually instilled some measure of peace in her heart.

The bulk of her power had actually been gained during her time on Earth. She'd felt she had to get stronger... to do well with her merc work, so that she could bring home money to support her family, and... to protect them, especially Toto. She hadn't even trained that hard, yet that motivation--that will--was enough to send her power skyrocketing.

"Kids saying dumb things is expected," said Tasure, smirking. "I mean, hell, I'm the woman who, at 10, got up in front of my entire CTC class and boasted that I'd graduate as a super-elite and that anyone that doubted me was welcome to suck my tail. That was pretty stupid, even if I made good on that promise."

"Yes, obviously," she answered, letting her brother go after rubbing his scalp into submission. "Also, it's impossible for two females to bear a child, so I don't even know why these morons would make up something so unbelievable."

"But, we didn't!"

"Shut it."

Training with Tasure had been a dream of hers ever since she was a girl. A pipe dream at the time, but now the opportunity stood before her. There was only one correct way to answer. "YES! Ahem. I mean, sure, I'll train with you. And Totoma owes me a lesson since I taught him how to control his Oozaru form, so we can just kill two Arcosians with one stone," she answered. "I don't mind waiting, either. You know, I have things and people to do myself."

Speaking of, where was Jack? Not only did she have to find out where he lived, but also had to square away the little matter of the bet they made earlier that day. She eliminated four participants, and it was her hope that he didn't match or exceed that. She really wanted him to teach her the mechanics of the Dead Man's Hand. It was possibly a waste, but she wanted to be sure, given how potentially lethal it was. If he cared about her as much as she did about him, then he would likely be hesitant or outright refuse, which was where her winning the bet came into play. At that, he wouldn't be able to refuse.

"So... you're life-mate was an Earther, right? What's it like mating with them?" She figured she would hear it from someone with experience so she could know what she was getting into. She'd hate to rip Jack's pants down only to see that he didn't have a penis or had a tentacle or no balls or something crazy like that. With these alien races, there was no telling.
    Unbelievable, hm? No, she knew the kids were telling the truth. The girl clearly idolized her to some extent and didn't want to possibly offend her or weird her out. Understandable, but, honestly, Tasure wasn't the type to begrudge a young Saiyan girl for having... odd, impossible thoughts. She'd been a teenager once, and those hormones could play havoc with one's sense.

Finally, she asked about Bekon--or rather, Earthers in general. She could sort of answer that, but only in a limited sort of way, since the only Earther she'd been with was... Bekon. All else she had was heresay and gossip.

"Earthers... have more physical variation than Saiyans, and there's some internal differences, I think, but, really, our two species are pretty damn similar, male and female. The difference is in mentality. Okay, so, you know how, with Saiyans, it's we females that have to do the pursuing? Not like that with Earthers, where it's the opposite. Males pursue, females are pursued... generally. Not always, but that's what I've observed."

She paused to think. "...Earther males are almost always ready and willing to mate. Very... eager, though many tend to be selfish and care only about their own pleasure. But many are actually quite... considerate when it comes to pleasing their mate. Bekon was like that, and not just with mating. Every day I was home, I'd wake up to the most glorious, delicious breakfast you could imagine, share it with him and Totoma, then hours later... same thing with lunch... and then with supper. Then I'd... work off some energy with Bekon during the night and fall asleep satisfied."

Her tone was nostalgic, and a small smile played at her lips as she recalled those days, so long ago. After a moment, she shook herself from her memories. "Ah, sorry, I... guess you just want to know about the mating aspects. So let's see..."

"Size... again, variable. Not much different from Saiyan males, on the whole... unless you get with a Zhu, like Bekon. They... tend towards the endowed," said Tasure. "...and every one of them is a damn good cook, though my Bekon was the best. So if I had any advice, it would be go to the Zhu."

Heh, go the Zhu. Good one... oh for ****'s sake, she thought she'd gotten over that pun habit by now. Damn it, Bekon.

"All said... good choice of partner, I'd say, if you find the right one."
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.