Page 420 of 782 FirstFirst ... 320370410416417418419420421422423424430470520 ... LastLast
Results 6,286 to 6,300 of 11718

Default Date in the Healing Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    So, he was her cousin. Was being the operative word. Hakai, this destruction energy that Ishtar had coursing through her body, was as permanent as it was absolute. Complete, utter destruction from which there was no return. "Well, you did what you had to do. If Gelia is still alive, she can rest easy knowing that the work she started thousands of years ago is finally complete."
    Ishtar chuckled.

"If Gelia is alive, I would like to ask her why she did not destroy the book by hurling it into a black hole." Which really, when Ishtar took a moment to consider it ... was something to hold onto for later.

"In any case, I require a healing tank. Or at the least a night of rest. Perhaps both."

The concept of bathing suits was still foreign to her. The idea of wearing clothes to swim in water, knowing fully that they would get wet, was nonsensical. But, alas, all the beaches on Ruco required by law that all patrons wear at least one article of clothing so she supposed she'd have to get used to it rather quickly.

It was still dumb.

'We're only required to wear one article of clothing on Ruco's beaches, so maybe we can share one. I'll wear the top, you wear the bottom.'
    'Given the option I would prefer wearing nothing,' Ishtar commented, sensing Sarada's own misgivings with the notion of bathing suits. 'To make the others ... jealous. Though your idea sounds ... as good. I make no promise, however, that I will not start fights should the locals attempt to do more than just ogle you.' There were perhaps ... exceptions to this rule, yet that was certainly a discussion for another time.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 11-14-2018 at 08:28 PM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Default Birthday Boogaloo, Part Twogaloo

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Chrona watched quietly as they dig out the rubble.....and at their speed it wasn't long before they bore fruit.

"Gah.....my magicite hip..." Zaofan discovered the White and Red Etrinas under some broken dishware and an overturned shelf. The white one had been pinned between the shelf and the floor while the red had somehow managed to remain completely untouched...as if the house had collapsed around her and not on her.

Ishtar Found the Blue Etrina cowering under a pile of books she had seemingly been reading at the time, and had made a sort of makeshift defense when things started collapsing around her. Not wishing to lose face...the Mini-Blue put an exasperated expression on. "....Well....this is indeed a mess worthy of Erosa...."

The Green Etrina....was already outside and sitting on Chronas Shoulder when they got to turning their attention back to her. Both were eating popcorn and had a general look of being comrades in arms in general laziness.
    Ishtar gave the blue Etrina, a small pat on the head when she was found. "I consumed the energy hidden away at the core of Parsic, too. Without Erosa around at current, who else would have ?"

Pausing a moment as Zaofan discovered the others however, the Oni sighed.

"That said ... You need to help the Cookman find his love. I should not like to see him a loss so similar to mine; and while I could simply hunt her down. I feel this is not for me to do."

Turning to Chrona, then, the Oni flashed an almost pleasant smile.

"Hello, dear step-sister. How goes your gambit ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    So it has come to this. Zaofan's face, though tired and bloody and bruised, lights up with a smile from the reassurance. The past and the present coming together. My old enemies. My trauma. Here they are, meeting my friends. My hope.

"Don't worry about me," he says while drawing labored breathes. But he fights through his chest pains anyway as he leans on Bojack. "I flew here faster than I ever have before. I've been fighting him for almost a half hour, I think. But above it all... it's just good to see you again, Sarada. It really is."

With one armored gauntlet bearing the sword and the other gauntlet ready to strike at a moment's notice, Shingen-1 catches her relatively small fist in the palm of his giant hand, and with the blade between them, he slashes forward against her chest armor. The blade is long -- the tip of it manages to slash Sarada's cheek, but the majority of the blade impacts across the armor causing sparks to fly out and sending her flying from the impact, followed by a dissipating reddish tint of the energized blade's path.

As Sarada flies backwards, Shingen's free hand opens up, pointed at the residual trail of blood in the air from Sarada's cheek. The hand begins to glow reddish-black, absorbing blood energy from each droplet.

"Mmmm, yes, yes. I can taste it. You have a lot of blood on your hands, monkey lady. I sense the blood of ... thousands, at least... on you? As the lovely blue woman over there so accurately pointed out, 'blood magic!' This terrible place of -- ick -- light and life -- houses two natives of that other world, Terra. Their native energies are full of blood energy. Even if they aren't as strong in ki as you and the others, their native blood energy greatly surpasses our own. A pity they never learned blood magic, or they could be among the most powerful of us all! They must have the keys, the proper frequencies, for me to travel to that dark and evil world! Simply put, I want in!"

"Care-ful," Zaofan tells Held weakly. "I sensed two of his agents here. But when I arrived, Shingen beat me here. His two agents could be hiding from us... waiting to ambush us! Be on your guard!

Shingen-2 charges at Ishtar with his sword also drawn, but in midflight, he drops the sword and catches the spear by clapping his hands above onto the broadsides of the spear. Getting a firmer grip, he slams the shaft of the spear into Held's nose, drawing blood, and he swings the spear around and around overhead until the raw energy from the spear finally manages to zap some of his armor. This causes his forearms to shake and let go of the spear, sending Held flying. He rubs the energy out of his forearms, as if his wrists were sore and fatigued. "You fight like a unicorn. But I've literally eaten unicorns for breakfast. A little tough, but definitely sweeter compared to most meats."
    The Demon Lord was certainly skilled, that much was apparent. It was a rare person who could so skillfully parry the Nevadians attacks at so close a range, let alone counter so brutally.

Despite the searing pain, and the protestations of his stomach, the Nevadians battle instincts roared, as he curled into a ball with a single outstretched hand holding his spear parallel to his body. He extended before hitting the ground, landing on his feet, facing away from Shingen as he knelled slightly, as blood slowly dripped onto the stone below.

No wonder Zao had such a tough time if we didn't already make a mudhole out of this guy.

He pinched his nostrils and tilted his head to the side, staunching the blood flow. He panted heavily, partially from the damage already taken in battle along with his newfound difficulty breathing, but perhaps finding the days activity a tad too strenuous for a man who planned to spend the entirety of the day battling death for the right to live from his bed..

Shingen-2 then raises his hand at the spiral of blood from Held's nose, and likewise absorbs its blood energy. "Hm. Not as much as the monkey lady there, but tasty nonetheless. With a hint of..." he then audibly smacks his lips together repeatedly. "... is that bourbon?"
    "....Did you learn that splitting ability just so you would have someone who enjoyed hearing you go on, and on, and on?" Held asked, turning to face his opponent, his voice slightly off kilter as he held his nose, "For a guy who attacked me for trying to talk it out, you sure live up to the title of Blabby Lord Shingen."

His voice does more to my head than his attacks do...What nonsense....I don't know what kind of Unicorns reside on this planet, but I can't imagine that this guy has what it takes to even annoy one from Nevada...

"But you certainly know your drink...." Held smirked slightly through dead, tired eyes.

"It was a wild night. You're not helping my hangover, thoug--"

Held paused, realizing something that had occurred before him.

"...Did you really just drink my blood?" Held asked, his face taking up a look of disgust, "I don't even--Why woul--"

Good Grief. This guy really is out there, isn't he?

"Nevermind. If I think about it too much, I'll lose my dinner...."

The Nevadians blood red eyes flashed as his resolve grew, ready to continue the battle.

He's a bit too tricky to attack directly...I might be better off on the counter...But...How do I annoy him enough to...Oh!

"Then again, I felt sick when I saw those 'techniques' of yours." Held said with a sigh, "I certainly hope it was your own design, and not of your clans....They'd get an A for effort, at least."
    Last edited by Miburo; 11-14-2018 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Eva nods.

“Hopefully we can deal with the false guardian at some point.”
    Althena replies to this saying " that's good." " Like talk more about me and that Vear after I help it the creature became like a companion to me. " " sometimes it would get lazy and I had to carry it places on Qacriea." " a Vear on average weighs 10 tons and this particular Vear who I befriend weighed 25 tons."

" I did this in my base state use just my own natural physical strength, and I have four power up techniques. " " these four power up techniques are Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam and are listed in the book." " there's even theorized mythical power up called Awaken mode. " " the power up was theorize by Mahtoesa Hetto no Hwe-Atkam Master Mavivan Luue who live 1,000 years before my time."

"Mavivan theorized a power up that heighted reaction time while offering great Ki control and efficiency." " however no one after her include me has ever managed to do it." " leaving her theorize Awaken mode just that a theory."
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Chrona watched quietly as they dig out the rubble.....and at their speed it wasn't long before they bore fruit.

"Gah.....my magicite hip..." Zaofan discovered the White and Red Etrinas under some broken dishware and an overturned shelf. The white one had been pinned between the shelf and the floor while the red had somehow managed to remain completely untouched...as if the house had collapsed around her and not on her.

Ishtar Found the Blue Etrina cowering under a pile of books she had seemingly been reading at the time, and had made a sort of makeshift defense when things started collapsing around her. Not wishing to lose face...the Mini-Blue put an exasperated expression on. "....Well....this is indeed a mess worthy of Erosa...."

The Green Etrina....was already outside and sitting on Chronas Shoulder when they got to turning their attention back to her. Both were eating popcorn and had a general look of being comrades in arms in general laziness.
    "What a mess...." Chronas voiced loudly at the wreaking of Etrinas house, closely and loudly enough for the three to hear her. If the three were to scan the environment now...they would find the PLs that had been inside the house were now gone completely. Only they remained now....and Chrona, though she had done well in suppressing her powerlevel. Not so much her voice however.

"Well......In any event....I suppose this was inevitable.....Hey, Oni! Goddess! Cook! Your not dead right? Come out....we have work to do if you want that happy ending...."
    Zaofan was out of immediate danger. And while part of her rejoiced in seeing Ishtar once more, there was little time to waste. While the two busied themselves with the wrecked house, Asha'rah approached Chrona. The fallen god's face betrayed no immediate intent to harm, but her cloud-like hair grew dark, rumbling thunder betraying the wrath she was keeping in check.

"You took Erosa when she was most in need. If you attempt to flee again, I will dismember you. Then I will rip you from your master's body and annihilate you, second by precious second, until the only time you have left will be for me."

Her orbs spun quickly, orbiting her in long loops, itching to be unleashed.

"Where. Is. Erosa."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Default Dirty Thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    'Given the option I would prefer wearing nothing,' Ishtar commented, sensing Sarada's own misgivings with the notion of bathing suits. 'To make the others ... jealous. Though your idea sounds ... as good. I make no promise, however, that I will not start fights should the locals attempt to do more than just ogle you.' There were perhaps ... exceptions to this rule, yet that was certainly a discussion for another time.
    Ugh. The thought of Ishtar naked and wet and glistening in the bright Rucoan sun was making Sarada hot. She had to resist just for a little while until they could return to Vocado. 'I'm going to make you pay for making me imagine you wet and naked.' Not to say that it would have been the first time she encountered her love in such a state, nor would it have been the last.

Still.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Shingen-1 crosses his forearm to his fist with two extended fingers up. "Chou Ninpo! Hakkei no Hō!" he yells, right when the globules detonate.

---

Shingen-1 yells out in pain as his shield drops. Almost death by a thousand cutting explosions, courtesy of the Saiyan Queen.

Shingen-2 cannot yell, as his jaw clenches, his armor almost fuses to itself, from the steady stream of electricity generated by the Oni.

Both of them nearly collapse as if synchronized, husks of smoke that they are. As they fall to their knees, Shingen-1 collapses first, and Shingen-2 falls on top of him, and the two bodies merge back into one. The one, true Shingen gets up, lifting pressing one hand down on his knee for support as he lifts himself back to a standing position. His armor is alright, the smoke has disappeared, his cape once again flaps in the wind, and he has but just one sword. He is back to full power.

"Tch! Dammit! Well, it appears I've underestimated, well, everyone here. You, blue one, the one who claims to be older than me! So you brought them here, eh? And you, monkey lady, are somehow of small stature but of titanic power? THIS is unexpected indeed! I clearly don't have the power to contain either of you for my needs, but that doesn't mean we can't have some fun." He charges his sword with energy once again. "CHOU NINPO! KAZE NO MAI!"

With his speed greatly increased, he repeatedly flies back and forth with no recoil and slashes Ishtar and Sarada, with no less than twelve passes, each energy slash creating streaks of light.

The move completed, he rushes back to the two of them, his fingertip claws extending, his sword drawn, and he engages both of them in simultaneous melee range, leaping with a mighty sideways slash aimed at the Oni and the Queen.
    !!! They fused?!

Sarada was perplexed. She had never encountered any kind of being outside of the Namekians who could fuse together into a single being; yet, that was exactly what Demon Guy and his twin brother did.

Yick. She couldn't imagine having to share a body with her sibling. Neither Parsley nor Pinach were suitable roommates as far as she was concerned. More to that point, whose personality would be adopted? Or, would it be some kind of hideous amalgamation of personality traits? It would be the best of both, or the worst, or a mixture of the two? So many questions.

Then again, this guy didn't seem to have changed that much outside of being stronger. Though, to be fair, it seemed that he and his brother were pretty much the same person. They sounded the same, looked the same, and even wore the same armor.

What a bunch of losers hahaha!

"You must be desperate if you fused with your own brother," she taunted.

That was all she managed to get out before he exploded into motion, striking her and Ishtar several times. Damn it! That sword was no joke. Her armor did its work, but paid for it by receiving deep slash marks where the sword connected. The ones that didn't were blocked by the katchin arm bracers she wore under her gloves.

Shingen moved in to slash her and Ishtar with a mighty horizontal slash.

Meanwhile, Zaofan's stance grows stronger, refreshed, reinvigorated. "My thanks, Ishtar...!"

Even with the Wolf's Prowl fading away, he summons his own speed and instead activates the Bear's Strength, which increases his physical strength three-fold. He manages to fly into the path of the sword slash with Bojack, holding steady with the block well before it can reach Sarada and Ishtar, forcing both himself and Shingen to apply both arms to their weapons.

Struggling now in a fierce competition of strength, Zaofan turns to face them. "Hello, friends! Be my guest!" He motions with his nose and mouth, pointing at the now-exposed armored torso of Shingen, presenting the opening like a gift.
    "Don't mind if I do, Zaofan!" She grinned savagely and moved in, blurring from where she was standing to between Zaofan and Shingen. Crimson energy wrapped around her fist as it flew forward toward Shingen's unprotected chest. "Crimson Fist!"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Zaofan was out of immediate danger. And while part of her rejoiced in seeing Ishtar once more, there was little time to waste. While the two busied themselves with the wrecked house, Asha'rah approached Chrona. The fallen god's face betrayed no immediate intent to harm, but her cloud-like hair grew dark, rumbling thunder betraying the wrath she was keeping in check.

"You took Erosa when she was most in need. If you attempt to flee again, I will dismember you. Then I will rip you from your master's body and annihilate you, second by precious second, until the only time you have left will be for me."

Her orbs spun quickly, orbiting her in long loops, itching to be unleashed.

"Where. Is. Erosa."
    Chrona takes a popcorn, and eats it.

“Tone the rage down a bit chief....that timeline has a pretty bad ending. Erosa is exactly where she needs to be, and if you want to save her and the girl you need to quit giving me trouble.”

Chrona ate another popcorn.

“.....Ugh...quit giving me the death glare. I swear she hasn’t been harmed. All part of the plan.”

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "Well naturally, we wouldn't be able to allow you access to our vaults." The Droid said, nodding it's head "And there are a few 'behind the scenes' areas that are needed to be kept private to keep the heart of Space Vegas speaking so to speak. Collections, Security, Slav--Err, Customer and Patron communication areas, and so forth. Really, the sort of thing someone who came here on the same sort of quest as you and your friend would find tedious, I'm sure."

"Yo!" Held said, gesturing for their driver to open the limo trunk, which he did hastily, scurrying around as if anything but the utmost speed would result in offense. The trunk opened, and the Nevadian casually threw the bag of Zeni into the trunk. "I guess since you provided the room and board, I'll see just how far cold cash gets you in this town, eh?"

"Sir, our banks would be glad to accommodate yo--"

"After all, who doesn't enjoy the feeling of tossing Zeni here and there, am I right? Especially if you have it to burn, I thought I would throw my back out carrying that thing around. That won't be a problem, will it?"

"No....Sir..." The Droid said reluctantly, "We like to keep everything regulated by card to deter the undesirables from taking...Well, undesirable action, but strictly speaking, it's not against our policy."

"Sweet." Held said with a smile, reaching into his pocket near the driver. The driver flinched, bracing himself for impact.

Slowly, he opened his eyes, realizing the Nevadian had procured a zeni coin for the tired man, plopping it into his hand before patting him on the back, and entering the limo. If Held noticed the mans expression change from fear to gratitude, he didn't show any signs of it.

"...Uh......" A clearly confused Held could be heard from within the limo, for once at a loss for words. "....Hi?.....I-Is this part of the Imperial Package?"
    Jack entered the limo on the other side paying special attention to the small bit of street performance being enacted between the driver and Held.

"Damn...I don't think I've ever seen a case this bad."

"Back before you joined up with the gang, we ran a town like this for awhile," Manco admitted "Even so it never got this bad. Mostly we just ran a bunch of crime operations and charged tax. This is new, even for me. Hell, the prisoners had more spirit in...well you know."

"Uh...take us to the suite if you would," Jack told the driver.

Default Shattered Soldier: 1/?

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    “Ah, let the past be the past! I'm sure by now even you have heard about the meteor that fell over the Wasteland in the East. The President has come forth with a proposal to prevent an incident like this from happening again. Offworld technology, very sophisticated,” he said. “But you see, it's a two-way street. If we're going to protect ourselves, well, we're going to have to make some sacrifices before we can build.”

“Yet I assure you, this is not personal. Truth be told, I'd be willing stop this now, provided you tell me one thing. I know he has passed through here. So where is Ochazuke?”

Kenshiko fell silent, grit teeth behind snarling lips. The words would not come for there were none, only a helpless, hollow loathing. On the other side of the glass, the man merely shook his head, collected his things, and stood to his feet.

“For the longerst time, I wanted to see for myself the quality of the Tiger Sisters of Ori City. What a terror they once were. Such a useless, dead thing now,” he said. “But the Crane, we are magnanimous in our victories. The ashes of the Tiger School will fix the foundation for a new age. Think of it as payment for play. Certainly it's worth far more than a living will and deed.”

The buzzer sounded once again. His business concluded, he stood turned, leaving her in the darkness where the guards pulled her listlessly back into the depths of the prison's K-Wing.

Warriors fall on the battlefield, but in the arena of minds and ownership, it is the effortless stroke of a pen that reigns supreme.

One strike. One kill.

Ikken Hissatsu.
    An escort of five - four armed wardens and the mobile floater-drone – pulled the prisoner from her visitation. Two pulled her forward on dragging feet, two held their stunners ready, while the monitoring eye of the little Capsule bot broadcast everything back to prison control.

“If you wanted to stay above-ground, heh, should've tread above the line on the outside.”

Mechanically-armoured limbs pulled against hers; if one could feel the leaden weight of her despair, the cold tremble through the gauntlet, there was no indication as the party moved to the lift to the sublevels of the prison. The swift descent of the pneumatic tube below the earth and concrete caused the air to swell heavy, and once the door opened Kenshiko raised her hanging head to behold the familair rows of solitary cubes, the sterile houses of the damned and forgotten. Sucking breaths in through clenched teeth, her chains began to rattle.

The Capsule restraint collar on her neck surged in response. Her step sank as the spirit was mechanically sucked out of her. Soon she was ushered back into her white room. The drone fell its protocol scanner over her person. The vault door closed, electromagnetic bolts sealed in the four walls.

That same empty air within the cell which had been her companion over the last year fell deathly stale from corner to corner. Facing the unadorned wall, the world fell away from Kenshiko as she sank to her knees consumed by a horrid chill from the inside out, and as she wrapped her arms around herself she would find no warmth.

For hours she sat like this, her legs powerless underneath her. Knowing there was nothing she could do, the agonizing moment stretched with the torment of her thoughts.

To build his new world, Grinthorn was going to destroy the old one. The Tiger Temple, left to her sister. Bequeathed to her stewardship, which she cast aside for revenge. The last remnant of that life that beckoned her return.

She lowered her head and folded her hands together, shuddering on stammering breaths, knowing if she screamed, no matter how loud, nobody would hear it. Not the ghosts of the past, those noble ancestors, nor her sister long perished. And the promise she made...

Kenshiko reared her head back and closed her eyes, and through the rhythm of dizzying, racing memory she reached her heavy limbs up, reaching futilely to a heaven her blooded hands had forsaken. Slowly, she then fell her disgraced head prostrate to the floor three times, and repeated it. Thoughts flew away to the rhythm of breath, and the dash of blood that swept through her heart as she reached through ritual in vain to find her answer. Always that malignant collar swelled, resonating in matching frequency the spirit. As the expression of ki rose, the weight of its suppression fell heavier.

Pain. Rage. Fear. Loss. To the unheard rhythm of that ancestral song forever silenced, slowly everything was stripped away. She spread her hands wide one last time, lowered her hands, and her body stilled as the lights in solitary burned off, fallen to the silence of the night.
    ___

“There's been a glitch in the monitoring upload. Have it investigated.”

A monitor droid exit the walls of the K wing complex and sped along the walkway. Its scanners shed its light around the vault door before the cell, seeking vital signs. Activating the lights within the cell, the guard called out to the prisoner within.

“SR-06010, respond.”

Kenshiko's body was motionless where she was seated, facing the far wall of the cell upon her knees. The guard entered a remote function, and the floor lit up with a maser oscillation that fell onto an unreactive body. A second vital scan picked up nothing. From behind the monitor, the control officer sighed and hailed over the prison comm.

“Prepare a team for extraction.”
    Last edited by grampagen; 11-14-2018 at 11:47 PM.

Default Shattered Soldier: 2/?

Four cleaners, armoured just like the guards for precaution – and budget's - sake moved in for their duty. Cleanup at this hour made every moment over-long, and so they did their best to pass the time with idle talk. This wasn't the first time they'd had an inmate die on them. If public word got out to Grinthorn – or worse, Jinzi Pantaloon – it would be a bad look for the institution, so if they wanted to keep their jobs, the warden said they had to keep this quiet.

“All-in-one device they said. Cuffs and traces and uploads in real time. All I'm saying is, why can't the robots take care of this part too?”

“Golden boy Jinzi got you on the payroll. Beats being on the dole.”

“Says you. If this is government pay I'd rather have the cheque come in the mail.”

The four stood before the door. The man upstairs laid keystrokes into his station and the electromagnetic charge desist. The cell's vault door decompressed, its locks retracted, and slowly opened and cleaners stood quietly as they saw a sunken crown of red hair slumped over hanging shoulders.

“She really didn't even put up a fight this time did she? Was she sick?”

“With a frame like that? You've got to be kidding. Maybe the suppression was cranked too high.”

“Nah, there's a failsafe in place so it doesn't go too low, suck too much out. Besides this is one of the roomier cells, so if anything happened it came from inside. What a way to go, snuffed out without a fight.”

“You're too sentimental,” another sighed. “Get the gurney ready.”

The workers moved clinically about each corner, avoiding the body at the far wall as they bemoaned the complete mess within the cell. Tattered squares of newspaper lined the floor among polyester fluff from the dead and bloodied rag of a mattress in the corner, speared by the twisted metal of the bedframe and shards from the mirror. The team cursed to themselves under their breath, brusquely pulling pieces of mess out and dropping them tactlessly to the ground.

“She took out the camera too? Ugh, they're not going to like this.”

“Bring it up at the next union meeting,” came the reply from another, as they all worked around the tiger seated still in the midst. The worker stepped over her shoulder as he tugged at something in the corner, a worn legal envelope. “Huh, what the hell is this?”

He opened the folio and found crudely rendered ancient drawings that elicit a snort. Crane. Turtle. Dragon. Snake. When he got to the Tiger, he found it saturated with several scrawled notes in every inch of blank space around the margins.

A metallic clink disturbed him from his examination followed by three solid impacts that shook the floor. The cleaner turned around slowly and found his compatriots fallen to heaps. Kenshiko slowly rose from her state of living death. She held the ki suppression collar crumpled in her hand.

“We have a breach in the K-Wing! Lock it down! Repeat! Lock it dow-AAAUUGGH~!

The sound of stunner fire flood the comms followed by screams of pain before the line went dead.

In the security booth the guard behind the drone slammed his hand on the panel.

__

It all came back to her slowly. Within the deep throes of deepest meditation the heat of her blood gradually returned, and she drew a long, slow, silent breath to clear the darkness of her vision. Through the poise of a snake, stilled to strike, the spark of the fight fell into an idle tinder. The release of energy creeped at first through shackled muscle and bruised bone. At the precise moment, there she found her wings, and when her spirit ignited, the fire that burned within her breast swelled faster than the suppressor could activate. She broke the collar that instant, and the blood coursing from her burning heart lit a familiar inferno within. In an instant, she was soon whole again. The Eight Limbs of the Tiger King moved all by themselves.

Claxxons blared outside and the maser field within the floor of the cell surged, streaks of energy rapidly filled the confines as the vault door began to slowly heave inward on mechanical, automated time. The shock and burning filled her body. Kenshiko took a knee; That would be the last time. She raised her hand up.

Like a crack of lightning the energy coursed through her and shot forward, blasting the door off its hydraulic hinges and sending it careening into the wall on the far side of the prison wing. Shambling out from her cell, Kenshiko began to pace outward where she was greeted by the sight of what seemed like fifty Capsule Drones slipping out of hidden chutes along the walls poised to fire.

“SR-06010! Stand down or we will use lethal force!”

Kenshiko grit her teeth. She'd been held by these WG pigs for over a year. They kept her alive long enough to let her know everything she fought for, everything she was, would be erased. She cocked a fist to her side and golden thunder began to gather within it.

The drones lit up, and in an instant pulse fire filled the room and fell upon her. Blasts shook the room with the crash of impact, and as hit the target as light began to fill an arcing dome around the walkway. Suddenly, the explosions seemed to accumulate, flaring outward, expanding and consuming the front ranks of drones reducing them to heaps of boiling metal. The orbiting drones began to ascend, too late as a sharp bang rocked the prison within its hidden foundation, and Kou-ou Kudaku-Ken burst, showering white-hot slag and silicon shrapnel into every cell door of the K-Wing facility.

Sirens continued to wail, bathing the room in the light of red alerts. She knew the automated facility would be in full-out lockdown soon as the people upstairs scrambled, even at this late hour. In this moment of encroaching chaos, she heard the symphony of battle for the first time, and for a moment the high of a newfound strength she found the world rendered in complete sharpness. Though desperate, through the danger her heart soared and Red Tiger awoke within her once again. Now returned to her full faculties, the dulled senses then reawakened within her. The essence of the hunt, the little heartbeat of potential fodder every living presence in the diminished energy. But among them, she became immediately aware of a cool, diminished essence.

For there was another the world left behind, another who allowed herself to abandon everything she believed in. Nearly a year in solitary and they'd never exchanged so much as a word. Hurling herself off the walkway, Kenshiko landed silently before cell SR–09999, set in the heart of the deepest sub-level of this prison. Her heart beat returned a vigor she hadn't known for a long time as she buckled the reinforced door under her fists, blasting through steely alloys and ripping through the door. She stood before her then, the marked enemy of the people, condemned to die.

Not yet.

“Get up, Colonel. We're getting out of here.”
    Last edited by grampagen; 11-15-2018 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Ugh. The thought of Ishtar naked and wet and glistening in the bright Rucoan sun was making Sarada hot. She had to resist just for a little while until they could return to Vocado. 'I'm going to make you pay for making me imagine you wet and naked.' Not to say that it would have been the first time she encountered her love in such a state, nor would it have been the last.

Still.
    Ishtar managed a chuckle in the Healing Tank.

That she was literally no more than a few feet away, suspended -- naked -- in fluid was sure to add at least slightly to the amorous feelings slipping from her Saiyan love ... and in some sense to know those persisted was good. It meant that Sarada had not lost herself entirely to grief, so with a suggestive offering of what might be done to 'punish' her; Ishtar offered an equally suggestive response.

'Threatening me with a good time, are you ? I will certainly take you up on that.'

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Sheki’hinah walks forward and places a hand on Asha’rah’s shoulder.

“A blessing, sister. To stave off death once, for you or another. This boon can only be used once, and it will not stop death a second time, nor restore lost energy.”

Crimson light flows into Asha’rah from her sister, who steps back.

Zurvan lays a similar hand on Ishtar’s shoulder and grey energy flows briefly into her.

“A small bit of compressed, stopped, time, ten seconds worth where only you can move. Only one use. Be careful.”

Sihn nods.

“I’ve already given what I can earlier.”
    Ishtar watched as Shek'hinah offered Asha'rah a blessing of forestalled Death, a rather mighty gift considering the one who made the offer. Yet it was not that, that gave the golden-eyed Oni a moment's pause ... it was Zurvan's own. A spell, or perhaps simply a blessing of might such that it could stall time for all save one ... for ten seconds ...

Despite her own misgivings, the Oni accepted such without a word; only nodding and speaking after her surrogate father explained what had been offered, fully.

"You taught me much, Zurvan ... to watch, to wait ... I will not waste this boon."

With Sihn confirming what Ishtar herself had mentioned moments before, then, the Oni offered the trio of Gods a faint smile.

"I have a question, if I may. Do we slay him ... Auroc, or bring him to you ?"

Arx Inosaan

Default Zaofan and the Demon Lord Ryu Shingen

OOC: please feel free to step in with corrections if I've misread the situation, Cyke.

"Wha-wait - WAIT!" Toh Magoh's feet flap almost amusingly in the air, his desperate grip on Ochazuke's pull, all for naught considering the rather sizeable gap in power between the two of them. Toh Magoh naturally attempts the Shiyoken Four Arms technique, with two hands attempting to resist the pull while another two attempt to pummel Ochazuke to let go, all to no avail. If there was ever a better example of how truth overpowers lies, this would be it. " If he wasn't in the air, the fraud of the Neo Crane would get on his knees if he could. "Alright ALRIGHT! I'm no Crane! Bu-but Zaofan saved me! Honest!"
    Ochazuke's face was stock still, even as the self-aggrandized Crane Elder sprout two more withered wings. As Toh Magoh's flailing limbs that swung and beat listlesly upon his arm with a desperate fury, his composure seemed to dissolve completely with his facade.

"What a sad display. Two limbs or four, that is immaterial if you can never reach your opponent."

This useless, stupid remnant. All spectacle. He wondered if this parlour trick was how this fraud picked his marks among those who wished to learn from him.

A-and I know Chahan!
    At the mention of the Old Master's name, his grip only tightened and his eyes widened.

"Then you know well, 'brother', that there is only one Master among the Crane that they may call 'Sensei'," he said, Karura no Kaen* resolving around his fist, burning invisibly at the Pretender's living energy, "And he does not share power or tolerate weakness."

An unspoken fury fell from him, a raw, hate-filled gaze, so eerily like the Grand Master's. "A Crane who cannot use his wings is like a man who is too stupid to draw a breath. Beggars of the merciful deserve no pity."

The fire burned with a spectral heat that went beyond his old, frail frame, and yet it took from Toh Magoh only the remnants of that wicked shroud that surrounded him with blooded fear; the energy that appeared to manifest itself there on their mutual foe opposite among the Lookout. Next, Ochazuke expanded his field of sense-awareness, and imbuing Toh Magoh and himself heightened focus through Kei'i-ken**, loaning him a portion of resolve to cut through his blubbering.

"You taught him everything he knows? He must have been a poor learner, then," he grunted, "if a student has learned nothing , what does that say about his teacher?"

He pulled him in close so that they were face-to-face, standing sideways before the battle.

"Zaofan saved you, and you think only to save yourself while he continues to fight, content to rest upon the laurels of others," he said, "You are a man of much stolen valour, but neither sensei, nor Crane, or brother do I see here. So what are you?"

Shifting his weight, Ochazuke twist at the weight and pitched Toh Magoh by the collar straight towards Ryu Shingen.

"Make your choice!"

*Ochazuke has removed Toh Magoh from the influence of Shinku no Mato's magical connection
    ** Ochazuke has hurled Toh Magoh toward the battlefield with increased accuracy; the efficacy of the latter's next action has also been increased

Meanwhile, Zaofan's stance grows stronger, refreshed, reinvigorated. "My thanks, Ishtar...!"

Even with the Wolf's Prowl fading away, he summons his own speed and instead activates the Bear's Strength, which increases his physical strength three-fold. He manages to fly into the path of the sword slash with Bojack, holding steady with the block well before it can reach Sarada and Ishtar, forcing both himself and Shingen to apply both arms to their weapons.

Struggling now in a fierce competition of strength, Zaofan turns to face them. "Hello, friends! Be my guest!" He motions with his nose and mouth, pointing at the now-exposed armored torso of Shingen, presenting the opening like a gift.
    When Zaofan braced the opened armor of the Dark Shogun, Ochazuke made his mark. Concealed in the Pretender Crane's trajectory, he threw his right hand forward, carrying upon an iron wind the paired palms of Kongosho that struck at Ryu Shingen's frame, aiming to separate the blood-drunk man from the power of his shadowy patron.
    Last edited by grampagen; 11-14-2018 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar managed a chuckle in the Healing Tank.

That she was literally no more than a few feet away, suspended -- naked -- in fluid was sure to add at least slightly to the amorous feelings slipping from her Saiyan love ... and in some sense to know those persisted was good. It meant that Sarada had not lost herself entirely to grief, so with a suggestive offering of what might be done to 'punish' her; Ishtar offered an equally suggestive response.

'Threatening me with a good time, are you ? I will certainly take you up on that.'
    Sarada knew she would be, but she especially needed to unwind this time. She had been terribly pent up the last several weeks and needed an outlet. 'Good to hear. I'll be doing all the work, so just sit back and enjoy the ride. Heehee.'

Minutes later, her pod drained of the healing fluid and unlocked the hatch. She stepped out and dried off with a towel on the table, then redressed in the clothes provided. "Ah, I feel stronger already!"

She stretched out the kinks and waited for Ishtar to step out.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!