Page 54 of 116 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    DDC is meant to be standalone, that’s why it’s set “in the future”. Johns isn’t spending his time worrying about whether everything lines up perfectly with current continuity. The goal here is for a new reader to pick this up and be able to read it having only read Watchmen.
    I wonder if Frank was given any firm direction as to what costumes everyone would be wearing beyond "costumes these characters would probably be wearing in the future at some point," which is why some heroes are wearing older costumes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    I thought it was the sequel to The Rebirth issue and The Button storyline??

That is what I thought too given the history reconnection of Rebirth and the Button in some form.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if Frank was given any firm direction as to what costumes everyone would be wearing beyond "costumes these characters would probably be wearing in the future at some point," which is why some heroes are wearing older costumes.
    Johns and Frank are Silver/Bronze Age fans. They put Metallo back in his SA look even though it’s a really lame look imo. I doubt it’s anything more than Frank’s preference.

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    I thought it was the sequel to The Rebirth issue and The Button storyline??
    Wally hasn’t even shown up yet. Don’t think Barry has either. The only nod to The Button/Rebirth has been Batman saying he knows who Dr. Manhattan is. Otherwise DDC has been completely standalone.

Wally hasn’t even shown up yet. Don’t think Barry has either. The only nod to The Button/Rebirth has been Batman saying he knows who Dr. Manhattan is. Otherwise DDC has been completely standalone.
    I'm still confused as to whether or not Watchmen exists as a comic book in the DC Universe post Flashpoint. Vic Sage did read it post-COIE. The impact these characters appearing would have would be dramatically different if they were known to be comic book characters. And never mind the Earth One flash reading about Jay Garrick in comics during the Silver Age. I'm convinced this is probably only me worried about this, but this seems so integral to continuity and missing time and parallel universes.

My question to Geoff Johns would be: Does the Watchmen comic exist in the DC Universe during DClock?

Johns and Frank are Silver/Bronze Age fans. They put Metallo back in his SA look even though it’s a really lame look imo. I doubt it’s anything more than Frank’s preference.
    I guess that explains Donna dressing like she's Wonder Girl again, even though everyone else is pretty much in their Rebirth costumes.

BANNED

spoilers:
    so wally has been mentioned as one of dr Manhattan's victims by luthor which indicates he is really dead or the world at least thinks he is so. for all we know he may have been sucked back into the speed force leaving a doppelganger body behind a la impulse or Batman in RIP. anyways the DCU fighting the dr. was a very by the numbers choreographic battle. curious as to why guy was made the spokesperson. Captain atom was able to disperse his ersatz counterpart but it doesn't do any good and they all are rendered unconscious at the end. Superman is in a coma and Lois is with him when luthor approaches her and claims he was the one who sent her the photo of the "erased" heroes. Batman also plays a marginal role with him sitting on the sidelines powerless to affect the events. whats most intriguing is that what most had been speculating that Stein was part of the supermen conspiracy were proved right as Manhattan took Ronny back into the past where Stein was shown deliberating over the metahuman condition and his theory which would enable him to spy on the metahuman community from within. some other names are mentioned whom are implied to be the result of government manipulations.who else gets added to the list remains to be seen. think that the next issue will focus on what ozymandias and co. were up to during these events.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess that explains Donna dressing like she's Wonder Girl again, even though everyone else is pretty much in their Rebirth costumes.
    I love that costume and glad she isn't running around in armor with a sword and shield but come on. Give her the black starfield costume or redesign the red one a bit. It's like putting Dick back in the Robin costume for a "present" day story.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Holy crow, this was a good issue. Frank's art is off the charts and Johns' writing is on point.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Wow, I’m shaken. I need to read it again to digest everything happened.
    It seems like this issue come some year late.
    Costumes choice is really weird for some charachter.
    Anyway it’s again the best comic Dc is publishing at the monent, no contest with any other book.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    spoilers:
    so wally has been mentioned as one of dr Manhattan's victims by luthor which indicates he is really dead or the world at least thinks he is so. for all we know he may have been sucked back into the speed force leaving a doppelganger body behind a la impulse or Batman in RIP. anyways the DCU fighting the dr. was a very by the numbers choreographic battle. curious as to why guy was made the spokesperson. Captain atom was able to disperse his ersatz counterpart but it doesn't do any good and they all are rendered unconscious at the end. Superman is in a coma and Lois is with him when luthor approaches her and claims he was the one who sent her the photo of the "erased" heroes. Batman also plays a marginal role with him sitting on the sidelines powerless to affect the events. whats most intriguing is that what most had been speculating that Stein was part of the supermen conspiracy were proved right as Manhattan took Ronny back into the past where Stein was shown deliberating over the metahuman condition and his theory which would enable him to spy on the metahuman community from within. some other names are mentioned whom are implied to be the result of government manipulations.who else gets added to the list remains to be seen. think that the next issue will focus on what ozymandias and co. were up to during these events.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I dont think the way Lex spoke about Wally means that he’s Really Dead, I felt it was more a: WE NEED TO FIND than a Remember This Guy he caused the Death of. I think it means Wally is key to the endgame here
    end of spoilers
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It’s about time the rest of the DCU got involved into this. However I wonder if the Flash played a role in the issue ?
    end of spoilers

Amazing Member

"Even hope decays"

Loved the issue, the stein twist fits with the narrative alo, Manhantan reaction of "joy" by learning new stuff while takin everything apart in the big battle was a nice concept

Fuckin' finally !

Finally the story is really starting, finally something happens !

A shame we had to wait for so long for it.

Pretty awesome issue. It's a shame the book is taking so long to finish, thought.