Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Absolute Carnage #1

spoilers:
    I think Cates made a mistake. Unless Harry made Peter and Spiderman both of Normie godparents. Peter is basically revealing his identify as Spider-Man although everyone besides Dylan should know in that room
    end of spoilers
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I never liked Carnage... until today.

Incredible Member

Just to be clear, does Eddie knows Spider-Man's civilian ID again? When did this happen?
    Last edited by xpyred; 08-07-2019 at 08:30 AM.

Maybe after ASM #800, when Spider-Man used the Symbiote again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    Maybe after ASM #800, when Spider-Man used the Symbiote again.
    yeah thats should be the reason

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    This event is going to be Crazy issue 1 was totally worth the wait. Can't wait to see how this will all play out
    Dude, totally agree. This was some intense, level stuff going on here. There were definitely parts of the issue (like the graves and Ravencroft) where it felt like a horror movie. I was on the fence with Carnage's new look, but wow, seeing him now, he's as monstrous as ever! As always, it's great to see a Venom and Spider-Man team-up, though in this case, Venom was the main character. Liked it a lot. Spider-Man was a welcome addition to all of this. In the midst of Knull gods and symbiote-infused serial killers, he can still crack jokes and make difficult situations light.

As for that final scene spoilers:
    that was a tense moment! Venom and Spider-Man, fighting against Carnage, a whacked up John Jameson, and Carnage minions on one side while having to protect a Cletus Kasady infused Norman Osborn on the other! Holy crap! Them trying to get out of the cell, Spider-Man pounding at the wall, damn, that was intense...only for it to be for naught. Osborn is now a minion of Kasady. DAMN!
    end of spoilers

Could it have been better? Yeah. How did spoilers:
    Eddie known the Maker?
    end of spoilers Why would spoilers:
    Normie Osborn go with Spider-Man and not bring Harry with him?
    end of spoilers

Still, I'm hooked. Looking forward to this and some of the other tie-in's!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

Could it have been better? Yeah. How did spoilers:
    Eddie known the Maker?
    end of spoilers
    he been in his run since like issue 11

Since issue 7.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Kinda surprised this sub-forum hasn't blown up in a similar way to HoW/PoX did for the X-Men one has.

Anyways, this issue was fantastic. Love Cate's horror takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    Since issue 7.
    Ha, gotcha dudes! Just gotta say it's an interesting cast of characters who have ended up in this Venom title!

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Kinda surprised this sub-forum hasn't blown up in a similar way to HoW/PoX did for the X-Men one has.

Anyways, this issue was fantastic. Love Cate's horror takes.
    I'm surprised as well! This issue was really well done and a new take on the whole Venom/Carnage/Spider-Man relationship. Sure, we've seen all three before in storylines, but, you're right, the horror element was very present. This isn't straight up superheroics here. Rather, there was certainly this palpable fear and desperation. Facing against God Carnage and his minions, one would think that Venom would enlist a Punisher, Ghost Rider, or Wolverine, y'know, tough guys with more firepower and bloodthirst. But no, just regular ole Spider-Man? Who just comes armed with webshooters? Oh boy, Spidey and Venom are well over their heads here!

And I can't wait to see what happens next .
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Loved this! And I gotta say Spidey stole the show!

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Ha, gotcha dudes! Just gotta say it's an interesting cast of characters who have ended up in this Venom title!

I'm surprised as well! This issue was really well done and a new take on the whole Venom/Carnage/Spider-Man relationship. Sure, we've seen all three before in storylines, but, you're right, the horror element was very present. This isn't straight up superheroics here. Rather, there was certainly this palpable fear and desperation. Facing against God Carnage and his minions, one would think that Venom would enlist a Punisher, Ghost Rider, or Wolverine, y'know, tough guys with more firepower and bloodthirst. But no, just regular ole Spider-Man? Who just comes armed with webshooters? Oh boy, Spidey and Venom are well over their heads here!

And I can't wait to see what happens next .
    It's only the beginning. I think they're kinda still in that mentality of "We've faced Carnage together before, we can do it again". This issue is doing a good job of showing just how over their heads they are.

Also, I'm loving Eddie and Peter's dynamic now. The whole "We will eat your brains and bah blah blah" bit is so played out at this point. They aren't the best of friends, but they got each others backs. It's different and such a breath of fresh air.

I still want an explanation for how Eddie knows Peter's identity now though. We can assume it was because of ASM #800, but I would like if it were pointed out.

I am surprised there isn’t more chatter about AC #1... this issue was fantastic! I find it so utterly weird that I’m enjoying the Venom series and all the satellite and tie-in books more than any of the Spider titles, and AC #1 was no exception. It was a friggin’ joy to read! I turned each page with anticipation and couldn’t believe how awesome Stegman’s art was. And I love how true to continuity this story is building off from. Best “Spidey” book on the shelves today, no contest.

- Jason G. Carr

I originally considered skipping as I usually never do "Event Books", but glad I did. Was absolutely amazing. Great story and Stegman is killing it on art. Spiderman did steal the show this issue. Wow a great issue!

It's gonna be...absolute CARNAGE!!!

Freaking loved this issue! Especially the fact that the parts I wanted (Eddie back with the symbiote), Carnage vs. Venom, Spider-Man team-up, and [SPOILER]'s return, weren't dragged out to future issues. That's such a relief for these mega events.