Page 137 of 657 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187237637 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 9843

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Logan actions made some sense at the time, mostly for stuff that happened in Way's and Aaron's run with the character and considering that he wasn't personally close to Scott i can see him easily misinterpreting some of his actions. he was an hypocrite (and i'm pretty sure that he was aware of that), but i can see him getting to that conclusion, even if it doesn't justify his actions. My problem with that conflict was trying to paint his side as the one with the moral hight ground, that just take away any complexity about him.
    Let's be honest, Wolverine's complete justification for most of his actions was Scott's relationship with Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    ???

Beast and Xavier's worst acts EASILY eclipse the worst of Jean, Scott, Emma, or Logan.
    Beast nor Xavier assisted on sexual assault

Let's be honest, Wolverine's complete justification for most of his actions was Scott's relationship with Jean.
    If you actually read his solo, no it wasn't, it was clear that his experiences with Romulus and The Red Right Hand affected his decisions, it probably was a factor but at some point, but not the main one.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    If you actually read his solo, no it wasn't, it was clear that his experiences with Romulus and The Red Right Hand affected his decisions, it probably was a factor but at some point, but not the main one.
    The Right Red Hand especially put him through the wringer. Setting everything up. only for the end reveal to be that they commited suicide to prevent Logan from having any closure by doing it himself, and then to reveal that the guards he slaughtered to get to them were all his kids, and had been chosen and outfitted with the full knowledge of who they were? That's a level of hate that even the most truly evil villains in comics have difficulty matching.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Xavier had sex with his mental patient

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The Right Red Hand especially put him through the wringer. Setting everything up. only for the end reveal to be that they commited suicide to prevent Logan from having any closure by doing it himself, and then to reveal that the guards he slaughtered to get to them were all his kids, and had been chosen and outfitted with the full knowledge of who they were? That's a level of hate that even the most truly evil villains in comics have difficulty matching.
    Daken was also a big factor, not only did he set up the death of his half brothers, but when Logan discovered him and saw the details of his life, he was left pretty shaken by it. Maybe i should add Laura there.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Well never mind. I guess it is only Beast then

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Emma didn't kill over 100 billion people. Charles and Hank did.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Plus he did something pretty close to it to Dani, in a manner that didn't include any consent. Not sure how in control Xavier was due to retconitis, but at the time I think it was supposed to be his own dark side manifesting on its own - the damage of the Dark Phoenix Saga, except no outside force was involved, and Charles didn't suffer even a fraction of the consequences.

The reaction of the re-read at waiting for the trade was "Why is it bad that Scott killed this guy again?" Not by me, by the person who runs the site.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I feel like I started something or definitely contributed to it. This is starting to break down into a battle about who was the worst person in the X-Books.

I would say the most morally conflicted person in X-Books is Forge. He was so selfish and self-interested that he actually built a weapon to take away a mutants powers and then it ended up getting used on Storm. He summoned a Demon in a middle of the Vietnam war using his own unit's dying soldiers as a sacrifice catalyst, just so he could take down the enemy. That same Demon he summoned nearly destroyed the world and he had to use the souls of the X-Men to close the gateway into the Demon's dimension. The only reason that the X-Men survived at all was because Roma saved them at the very last moment. Forge is a perfect example of a character where the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Forge should be Shaman, and bipolar.

I think I'm pretty much done with the X-Men in the comics. Everyone is so excited about Hockitty-Pockitty and I'm reading it going....oooookaaaay. This is a nice alt-verse storyline but this is ...616? What the hell? I don't care how well it's written (Hickman is good), the direction is just weird and alien and I'm just so tired, exhausted and bone-weary of all these massive universe-altering X-Men changes.

I've accepted the fact that all I care about is pre-Morrison X-Men. I realize I'll never get those X-Men back. I'll just stay in the past and those will be my X-Men memories even as an old man on my death bed, you guys can have whatever ....this.... is these days. The only thing that had me hangin' on lately was Mr. & Mrs. X.

Good riddance ueber yeah yeah I know. Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Unpopular opinion
    For some reason people really like to exaggerate anything Xavier or Beast do and not even the worst of them can't top things done by fan favorites like Emma, Cyclops, Wolverine or even Jean.
    That's interesting. I wonder what were the worst acts of each of them in your opinion.

Xavier - maybe Deadly Genesis? mindwiping his own students to forget he sent four kids to their death (one of them related to his student). there's Danger and Onslaught too.

Beast - a tie between committing genocide against the Skrulls and endangering the timestream on a petty vengeance

Emma - blowing up a horse? or I guess probably mind-controlling mutants for survival, as she did with Anole recently

Logan - could be harassing Jean or letting Juggernaut beat Peter or gutting and abandoning Rachel or slashing Hope or killing his own children

Scott - using children as killers on X-Force? falling to the temptations of the Phoenix?

Jean - considering she wasn't the Phoenix (cocoon and all), I'd say... not giving a fck about Rachel? being violent towards Emma on Morrison's run?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Plus he did something pretty close to it to Dani, in a manner that didn't include any consent. Not sure how in control Xavier was due to retconitis, but at the time I think it was supposed to be his own dark side manifesting on its own - the damage of the Dark Phoenix Saga, except no outside force was involved, and Charles didn't suffer even a fraction of the consequences.

The reaction of the re-read at waiting for the trade was "Why is it bad that Scott killed this guy again?" Not by me, by the person who runs the site.
    You mean this episode. Yes, Charles Xavier wasn't himself.

Emma didn't kill over 100 billion people. Charles and Hank did.
    May I have the reference, please?

For the sake of drama, authors tend to go to the oppposite: he is virtous, well not so much, she is courageous, well not really…

I fail to see how the failures of some characters clear the other's bad actions, or justify the harm that can be done to them. Paint them in black and throw them to the wolves?

Maybe Mr. Wilde was right:
    Morality is simply the attitude we adopt towards people whom we personally dislike.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    That's interesting. I wonder what were the worst acts of each of them in your opinion.

Xavier - maybe Deadly Genesis? mindwiping his own students to forget he sent four kids to their death (one of them related to his student). there's Danger and Onslaught too.

Beast - a tie between committing genocide against the Skrulls and endangering the timestream on a petty vengeance

Emma - blowing up a horse? or I guess probably mind-controlling mutants for survival, as she did with Anole recently

Logan - could be harassing Jean or letting Juggernaut beat Peter or gutting and abandoning Rachel or slashing Hope or killing his own children

Scott - using children as killers on X-Force? falling to the temptations of the Phoenix?

Jean - considering she wasn't the Phoenix (cocoon and all), I'd say... not giving a fck about Rachel? being violent towards Emma on Morrison's run?
    I think it depends on the favorites of the individual. But hey, thanks for remembering my girl Rachel and how Logan and Jean kind of screw Rachel over, try to kill Rachel (Logan), or let her be kidnapped, tortured, and enslaved by Mojo (Logan) and Ahab (Jean) all the time. Although, I personally think Jean's behaviour to Rachel is simply writer fail because the writer is completely incapable about writing a Mother and a Daughter in a scene together, so said writer just ignores the relationship completely because it makes his head hurt thinking a mother might actually care about her daughter.