Page 111 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2721
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

So, which voice do you guys think best fits Namor? I think the voice John Vernon did for The Marvel Super Heroes fits him quite well:

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Though I'm fond of Marvel super heros namor, I have to say that to me FF worlds greatest heroes was very close to how I would think Namor sounds.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Though I'm fond of Marvel super heros namor, I have to say that to me FF worlds greatest heroes was very close to how I would think Namor sounds.
    Yeah, can't go wrong with Michael Adamthwaite either.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

That guy that got the advance advance advance copy of the Bill Everett Timely's Greatest Omnibus to video review will have an advanced copy of the Namor Byrne / Lee Omnibus to review, tomorrow I think. Here's the alternate cover. O_O

https://twitter.com/NearMintCon/stat...47607298297858
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    So, which voice do you guys think best fits Namor? I think the voice John Vernon did for The Marvel Super Heroes fits him quite well:
    In my own head-canon, Namor sounds like Yul Brynner. Commanding voice, slight accent, always with a touch of almost royal dignity.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    That guy that got the advance advance advance copy of the Bill Everett Timely's Greatest Omnibus to video review will have an advanced copy of the Namor Byrne / Lee Omnibus to review, tomorrow I think. Here's the alternate cover. O_O

https://twitter.com/NearMintCon/stat...47607298297858
    I gotta say, although I will definitely pick this up, I don't like either cover,

Great Namor spotlight in History of the Marvel Universe #2. I recall that Namor was born in 1920, so wouldn't that mean he's about the same age as Steve Rogers and Blade?
    There's some question about what year Namor was born. I've seen 1920, but I don't think that's right, considering the weather conditions of the Antarctic, the reverse of seasons, and the usual start dates of South Polar expeditions ...oh, and Atlantean gestation periods.

I've also seen 1922 -- which makes more sense, IMO.

But yes, he's closer in age to Steve than any other Invader, I think.

Not sure about Blade's age. Wasn't that retconned?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

There's some question about what year Namor was born. I've seen 1920, but I don't think that's right, considering the weather conditions of the Antarctic, the reverse of seasons, and the usual start dates of South Polar expeditions ...oh, and Atlantean gestation periods.

I've also seen 1922 -- which makes more sense, IMO.

But yes, he's closer in age to Steve than any other Invader, I think.

Not sure about Blade's age. Wasn't that retconned?
    It's interesting, because in Marvel Comics #1, Namor's mom mentions 1920, assuming she married and mated with her husband all in that same year.

Last edited by Electricmastro; 08-21-2019 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I gotta say, although I will definitely pick this up, I don't like either cover,
    I have to agree. Though I'm really surprised they went with a Jae Lee image, and particularly this one, for the cover. Of course, it does remind me of this. ;p

I'm happy, however, to see that they have included the entire Bob Harras / Jae Lee story line, even after Jae Lee left. It looks like it will run through #40.

It's interesting, because in Marvel Comics #1, Namor's mom mentions 1920.

That's an Golden Age comic, so it may or may not be canon. Though I think the date may have actually repeated in one of the Silver Age + retellings of Namor's life story.

Also Princess Fen says she MET Leonard McKenzie in 1920. It doesn't say that is the year when Namor was born. Ostensibly, gestation for Atlanteans would be at least 9 months.

I looked up South Polar expeditions one time, and if IIRC, most of them tried to launch in November? Maybe December. And they have to start their return in February at the latest, or they're iced in and have to stay for the year. So, the question becomes, did the Oracle expedition actually launch in November 1919 and Fen meet Leonard in January or February, right before they had to leave? Or did they stay frozen in over the entirety of 1920? Or did the Oracle expedition launch in November 1920 and leave in February 1921?

That's an Golden Age comic, so it may or may not be canon. Though I think the date may have actually repeated in one of the Silver Age + retellings of Namor's life story.

Also Princess Fen says she MET Leonard McKenzie in 1920. It doesn't say that is the year when Namor was born. Ostensibly, gestation for Atlanteans would be at least 9 months.

I looked up South Polar expeditions one time, and if IIRC, most of them tried to launch in November? Maybe December. And they have to start their return in February at the latest, or they're iced in and have to stay for the year. So, the question becomes, did the Oracle expedition actually launch in November 1919 and Fen meet Leonard in January or February, right before they had to leave? Or did they stay frozen in over the entirety of 1920? Or did the Oracle expedition launch in November 1920 and leave in February 1921?
    Saga of the Sub-Mariner (1988) also mentions 1920, though it's indeed possible that she could have given birth in 1921:

Saga of the Sub-Mariner (1988) also mentions 1920, though it's indeed possible that she could have given birth in 1921:

Right. I figured the date had appeared in one of the retellings of Namor's origins. IIRC, that mini-series also states Namor is a Christmas baby. But it's been stated elsewhere that Namor's birthday is definitely NOT Christmas. Like I said, Namor's exact birthday is not very clear.

If you have a Marvel Insider account or have redeemed the free digital codes in the comics, Marvel Strike Force games is offering a free issue of FF 1. Though, when I redeemed the code, it also gave me FF 4! The Silver Age debut of Namor! Here's the code:

NAMORSF

📖Who here loves comics?📖 Namor and the Fantastic Four have joined the #MARVELStrikeForce and now you can get a free copy of Fantastic Four #1 as part of Marvel's 80th Anniversary celebration! 🎈🎉 Use promo code: NAMORSF at http://www.marvel.com/redeem

https://twitter.com/mutanthunting/st...69213554544645

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    In my own head-canon, Namor sounds like Yul Brynner. Commanding voice, slight accent, always with a touch of almost royal dignity.

A booming, yet eloquent voice fit for a leader indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Someone say they can't get enough of Namor's heavyweight super-battles, well I have some more for ya:

Last edited by K7P5V; 08-22-2019 at 03:22 AM.