Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member
    Last edited by Hypo; 09-13-2019 at 10:33 AM.

Another post-apocalyptic story!

I'll look forward to it though, I think having Diana fight for humanity in a world made of their own folly paints her really brave.

The sleeping for centuries, the swordplay, all of it makes me think of Breath of the Wild but with Wonder Woman. Kinda neat! The art is not my preference.

So Wonder Woman meets Attack On Titan?

Looks awesome! Very much seems to be in the vein of Last Knight on Earth but WW has never really gotten to be the sole hero and star of one of these stories so I’m all for it. Hope some of her villains show up.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Unexpected, but looks kind of interesting. Not wild that she has a batman utility belt though.

Where the hell are Rucka's book and Historia?

So finally a Black Label Wonder Woman book! That's great! (Yeah, I know there is the Rucka title, but it seems stuck somewhere.)

But it's written by a dude with rather few writing credits that I could find and seems set to feature a more violent Diana. Somehow my hopes for something good are low.

There are dudes where I could get excited about them writing an Elseworlds Wonder Woman. But not one who starts out with claiming that humans are at their worst when trying to survive, or that thinks it's fun to have Diana be more violent.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Well, I guess it's nice to see DC experimenting with more kinds of Wonder Woman stories, I guess?

Astonishing Member

I'm getting really tired of these post apocalyptic DC stories. If they want to do a post-apocalyptic setting so bad, reboot DC comics and tell a stories about heroes rebuilding society while fighting villains and alien invaders or something.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'm getting really tired of these post apocalyptic DC stories. If they want to do a post-apocalyptic setting so bad, reboot DC comics and tell a stories about heroes rebuilding society while fighting villains and alien invaders or something.
    Personally, I was hoping for a more mystery-related story for Diana with the label. Something that had her dig around Man's world.

Actually, Rucka is working on Wonder Woman’s daughter. WONDER WOMAN HISTORIA: THE AMAZONS from Kelly Sue DeConnick. Phil’s artwork for the comic can be seen on his Instagram. With Rucka, he is doing image and Black Magick is being made into a show

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Unexpected, but looks kind of interesting. Not wild that she has a batman utility belt though.

Where the hell are Rucka's book and Historia?
    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Actually, Rucka is working on Wonder Woman’s daughter. WONDER WOMAN HISTORIA: THE AMAZONS from Kelly Sue DeConnick. Phil’s artwork for the comic can be seen on his Instagram. With Rucka, he is doing image and Black Magick is being made into a show
    Jimenez by his own admission is VERY slow, that’s why it’s taking so long. He is still working on it though, he posts pages on his Instagram. I think Rucka’s book got self-cancelled by Rucka so he could do Lois Lane and his Image books.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Jimenez by his own admission is VERY slow, that’s why it’s taking so long. He is still working on it though, he posts pages on his Instagram. I think Rucka’s book got self-cancelled by Rucka so he could do Lois Lane and his Image books.
    Well Black Magick and the Old Guard are taking forever to come back, so it may be somewhat worth it. Still kind of a bummer though if that is the case.

Reminds me of the old Elseworlds days of the 90s. Black Label finally looks to be gaining some steam. Yeah its another post-apocalyptic tale, but I'm a sucker for those as it is.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Reminds me of the old Elseworlds days of the 90s. Black Label finally looks to be gaining some steam. Yeah its another post-apocalyptic tale, but I'm a sucker for those as it is.
    Agreed, love the old Elseworlds stuff, hoping Black Label continues on.

Can't say anything about this title though. Could be fun, could be dreck, not really enough for me to lean either way. Hope it's good though, definitely can't wait to hear some reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    So finally a Black Label Wonder Woman book! That's great! (Yeah, I know there is the Rucka title, but it seems stuck somewhere.)

But it's written by a dude with rather few writing credits that I could find and seems set to feature a more violent Diana. Somehow my hopes for something good are low. There are dudes where I could get excited about them writing an Elseworlds Wonder Woman.

But not one who starts out with claiming that humans are at their worst when trying to survive, or that thinks it's fun to have Diana be more violent.
    DWJ is a hell of a writer and if his Wonder Woman is anything like Extremity, it'll be about the pointlessness of violence and revenge.