Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    They'd actually make quite a pair as villains. At this point, as stupid as her trigger was, it only makes sense for the story to end with Nature Girl as a villain. Alternatives are that she's put in the Pit or killed, resurrected and then put in the Pit.
    Or she takes ending D; Krakoa himself gives her a full Pardon and the QC just have to eat s**t.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Its hard for me to see this as some kind of personal growth journey for her when she's killing the people at the bottom of the totem poll of responsibility for the environmental damage. Plus I've been a stickler for this entire relaunch of how they treated the 'Kill No Man' rule with such importance only to add a million asterisks to it. Its just such a nasty, mean spirited take on the character.
    As far as she is concerned humans are killing the earth turn about is fair play. Also I doubt she will be thrown in the hole since Krakoa seemed to like her. Her nature powers may give her a special connection to Krakoa.

Also being at the bottom of the totem poll doesn't excuse doing something cruel. So looking at it from her point of view that really is a mute point.

Nobody is @-ing the creators on here. I know some discussions get pretty heated on some of the topics on this board, but I'm not really seeing anything I'd call disgusting in this one at least.

People don't have to like a comic book and are free to talk about it. Just because an arc is ongoing doesn't mean its free from criticism until its finished.

People in jobs like that convenience store don't get paid enough to put up with customer BS. Some random girl storms up to me and starts yelling at me for killing the planet and poisoning the turtles? I'd get snippy and call security.
    That’s why it’s extra ridiculous that the refinery workers went to fight the protestors. You’d go on break and leave it to the company’s paid thugs, especially as in the US long-term physical injury could easily lead to bankruptcy.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

"Things usually turn violent, especially when there aren't journalists around" - whoever wrote this line doesn't live in 2021.
    Every single person standing there has a smartphone and a Twitter account - journalists needing to be present to make a story go viral is 80's thinking at best.

And for the same reason, no employee would ever shout "we get bonuses for breaking Hippy skulls" when faced with a protest - you never know who's recording you, and the company would fire you for the bad press.

this crap is like a fan-fic written by a 12 year old with a poster of Greta on their wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    That’s why it’s extra ridiculous that the refinery workers went to fight the protestors. You’d go on break and leave it to the company’s paid thugs, especially as in the US long-term physical injury could easily lead to bankruptcy.
    That scene just felt very unrealistic. The protestor behaved as every bad stereotype associated with protestor and the workers felt more at home as villains from an 80's cartoon.

But I have never protested in the USA. Perhaps this is more common there.

This whole story feels so surreal, from Nature Girl's bloody rampage, to the battle-ready construction workers, to Xavier's lukewarm response to the whole affair. This should be a PR nightmare for the Krakoan nation, and you'd expect them to mobilize a full team, or at least a teleporter, a telepath to locate and calm down NG, and a healer to tend to the injured, but instead they leave it to the guy with knife-hands and short legs.

If this doesn't turn out to be some sort of fever dream or psychic simulation, I'm curious what the Council's response will be when the media and politicians will raise the question of who is responsible for these kids and what they're teaching them on Krakoa. "You see, we more or less just leave them alone, and there's free booze at the bar if they get bored, but we told them to behave and not injure any humans or they'll get sacrificed to our eldritch tree god. What more do you expect?"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    "Things usually turn violent, especially when there aren't journalists around" - whoever wrote this line doesn't live in 2021.
    Every single person standing there has a smartphone and a Twitter account - journalists needing to be present to make a story go viral is 80's thinking at best.

And for the same reason, no employee would ever shout "we get bonuses for breaking Hippy skulls" when faced with a protest - you never know who's recording you, and the company would fire you for the bad press.

this crap is like a fan-fic written by a 12 year old with a poster of Greta on their wall.
    What do you expect from a story featuring Gen X/New XMen characters like these?!? You *KNOW* it's not going to be good unless they're on a school bus with their little doggie that's about to be blown up and they are all going be dying a slow agonizing death.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    That's absolutely right. Any worker in that situation in the US would just walk away and let their boss figure it out. They don't get paid enough to deal with this nonsense.

God and then there was that monologue about people being too concerned with earning a living to care from the narration. Contrast with Nature Girl, who doesn't need to have any kind of job and lives on an island capable of just creating any good she wants or needs, like that fully formed instrument from the first issue.

That's absolutely right. Any worker in that situation in the US would just walk away and let their boss figure it out. They don't get paid enough to deal with this nonsense.

God and then there was that monologue about people being too concerned with earning a living to care from the narration. Contrast with Nature Girl, who doesn't need to have any kind of job and lives on an island capable of just creating any good she wants or needs, like that fully formed instrument from the first issue.
    Teens say sh!t like tho....Damn kids think they got the whole world figured out...smdh
    GrindrStone(D)

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Man, that is such a good point.
    A girl who lives in a magical post scarcity society - where everything is given to her freely, and without effort - ****-talking people who actually have to work for a living...
    Between this series and the Hellfire Gala, I'm starting to think we've entered the "Krakoa era X-men aren't SUPPOSED to be likeable or relatable in the slightest" phase of this story-arc.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Teens say sh!t like tho....Damn kids think they got the whole world figured out...smdh
    To be fair it's not nature girls fault that the human goverments are ass backwards and want everything to be hard for the human population mostly out of greed. We saw what happened last time the mutants tried to give humanity clean and limitless energy, food and an end to war...

Krakoa is just better.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    Man, that is such a good point.
    A girl who lives in a magical post scarcity society - where everything is given to her freely, and without effort - ****-talking people who actually have to work for a living...
    Between this series and the Hellfire Gala, I'm starting to think we've entered the "Krakoa era X-men aren't SUPPOSED to be likeable or relatable in the slightest" phase of this story-arc.
    Could also be really, really, really tone-deaf writing.

I guess we'll find out which in due time.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Could also be really, really, really tone-deaf writing.

I guess we'll find out which in due time.
    I feel it is more tone dead fans. Really starting to sour on a lot of the fandom. Xmen is getting as bad as star wars. Meaning i will have to just enjoy what comes out and avoid any fans like i do the plague. I have enough drama in real life without having to listen to people whine and complain. What is funny to me is how many people complain and do not even buy the books. They just bootleg them online for free at the expense of those of us who enjoy it and pay for the books. Then they want to act like a mob and pretend they are offended which is so ass backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    I feel it is more tone dead fans. Really starting to sour on a lot of the fandom. Xmen is getting as bad as star wars. Meaning i will have to just enjoy what comes out and avoid any fans like i do the plague. I have enough drama in real life without having to listen to people whine and complain.
    Joining and participating in an online forum of X-fans sure is a curious way to avoid X-Fans
    how many people complain and do not even buy the books. They just bootleg them online for free at the expense of those of us who enjoy it and pay for the books.
    Wait how?
    GrindrStone(D)

I feel it is more tone dead fans. Really starting to sour on a lot of the fandom. Xmen is getting as bad as star wars. Meaning i will have to just enjoy what comes out and avoid any fans like i do the plague. I have enough drama in real life without having to listen to people whine and complain. What is funny to me is how many people complain and do not even buy the books. They just bootleg them online for free at the expense of those of us who enjoy it and pay for the books. Then they want to act like a mob and pretend they are offended which is so ass backwards.
    Do you actually have a point? You keep popping in to complain about other people complaining while dropping vague, nasty insults. If you like the books, fine. Other people are allowed to not like them and articulate why. You aren't even really defending or complimenting the books, or even saying why other people are wrong. Its just insults.

I re-read all three of the Green issues earlier today, seeing how its free on Marvel Unlimited for anyone subscribing to it for any reason. Its still really bad. Nonsensical motivations, Wolverine at his most incompetent and most out of character in a long while, and all of protestors come across as sociopaths. A huge group of people just died pretty horrible deaths in front of them and they don't seem to react at all.