Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    All the more they should get someone new to play rogue AND make her a better character instead of what we got in the first three movies
    This. Honestly, if Rogue isn't being added to either W3 or Gambit then they should cast a younger Rogue and retell her story with Mystique, Nightcrawler, Destiny, and power stealing fun. Hell, release it just before Captain Marvel.

Mighty Member

Going against the beaten grain and going to say Surge.

Uhh Rogue, duh.

Dunno who else to pick, really, since most of them are too deeply tied into the team-mentality of the X-universe to have much of a solo-presence.

All I know is that if Mystique does get her own movie, it would be a prime opportunity to redo her whole character like Deadpool's film did:
    *Get a new actress, preferably one who's willing to go full-makeup without complaints about people not seeing her face.
    *Drop her needy and clingy past portrayals. She's mutant and proud, and she shouldn't be leeching off of Xavier or Magneto.
    *Give her the freakin' dress already.
    *Ideally, her personality would be more like she was in her solo mini: willing to cause mayhem, but not completely without a conscience.
    Last edited by Myetche; 06-09-2016 at 12:43 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

I think storm or Emma frost would be the most likely to succeed to a movie audience.

As a huge Jean fan I just don't think she would really have a very successful solo movie. Not with what's been done with her in the movie so far. But I think storm or Emma could be done very well as a prequel and as standalone films.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    *Get a new actress, preferably one who's willing to go full-makeup without complaints about people not seeing her face.
    You think the opposition to full make-up is about people not seeing her face?
    And here I thought it was about spending countles hours stark naked in a make-up chair being painted with basically toxic blue goo.

Astonishing Member

Yeah the naked blue make up was stupid anyway, it can be gone. Depending on how much the fox execs 'like' IPAs they might be willing to back up the money truck to keep her for a solo. But based on guardians of the galaxy and Antman, anyone could have a 'successful' solo, just needs to 'good' (and marketed well...)

I'm all for a Mystique solo movie with or without Jennifer Lawrence. I'm enjoying seeing a version of Mystique that's so much better than the comics version imo. Certainly the comic version has nothing on the movie character.

I can see why she wants to not have to go through the make-up process. It's damn long and the stuff is probably toxic. I doubt it's because she wants her face visible 24/7. It's Jennifer Lawrence. Unless one has been living in a cave almost everyone knows who she is by now. I agree with Myetche about the character portrayal. Use the character as written in the solo, willing to cause mayhem, but not completely without a conscience. The psycho sociopathic nutjob of a clown is boring, stale and dumb. While doing nothing for the character imo.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    I'm all for a Mystique solo movie with or without Jennifer Lawrence. I'm enjoying seeing a version of Mystique that's so much better than the comics version imo. Certainly the comic version has nothing on the movie character.

I can see why she wants to not have to go through the make-up process. It's damn long and the stuff is probably toxic. I doubt it's because she wants her face visible 24/7. It's Jennifer Lawrence. Unless one has been living in a cave almost everyone knows who she is by now. I agree with Myetche about the character portrayal. Use the character as written in the solo, willing to cause mayhem, but not completely without a conscience. The psycho sociopathic nutjob of a clown is boring, stale and dumb. While doing nothing for the character imo.
    If they did a solo Mystique film it would have to resemble her already established movie personality anyhow
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    If they did a solo Mystique film it would have to resemble her already established movie personality anyhow
    Absolutely. Still her movie personality is so much better than the comic version imo. Until we get to see more of it in the comics.
    Last edited by sureshot; 06-10-2016 at 08:46 PM.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

BANNED

You know, it's been argued a lot that a Mystique movie is not comicbook accurate, that Mystique isn't a solo character.

That is, of course, not taking into account that Mystique has had an ongoing book all of her own, written by the wonderful Brian K. Vaughan, and that this series lasted longer than the solo ongoings of characters like Cyclops, Rogue, Emma Frost, Nightcrawler...

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

See my sig.

Though frankly, I'd prefer Darkstar be in the MCU.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 06-11-2016 at 05:52 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Psylocke or X23 are honestly the only 2 besides Mystique I could see holding a solo movie. No offense, but history has shown. Badass fighting females garner the most interest. X23 would do awesome simply off Wolverines success. Psylocke was a break out star in Apocalypse, even with her limited screen time.

Rogue could do well too. It would have to be the tough and near indestructable Rogue however.

I can't see many others being able to hold a movie themselves. Regardless of their material. They simply aren't badass enough......

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

They could do a great Rogue that didn't have the Ms. Marvel's level powers. Make her more like Human Target with her telepathically stolen skills.

And honestly, all of the real X-Women are "badass fighting females."
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    See my sig.
    It's kinda cryptical.