Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Invaders (2019)

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    You're welcome! I love Butch's work so much too. I think after the last issue Namor's defenses of keeping his mind sane are falling apart, he isn't separating tommy from the past anymore maybe? or maybe we will find out more in the book. And I agree Jim needs to slap some sense into Namor, lol.
    Butch is amazing.

We need more Jim talking to Namor. I don't think Cap is getting through. Or heck, give Bucky a chance.

There's definitely something going on. I'll have to go back and read it, but I don't think there was an instigating incident on panel which shows his awareness of who Machan really is and that he's only in his mind. Unless it was Randall's death. But there was no transition panel between that and this. Maybe it is outside of the preview?

I double checked and yes, they are black but only the slcera of the eyes are always black, the iris of his eyes stay blue until he is angered or about to unleash his power, at least that is how Mango has done it, I think in Avengers they were just all black. these are from issues #1 - 2 of invaders and notice how when he wakes, its blue, then he uses his power its black, then in issue 2 when he is angered by steve its black, then when steve calls him a friend its blue.

Attachment 81947
    Right, he still has blue irises, sometimes, but he also has the black slcera, as you've shown, and it's something we've never seen before. And yet, NO ONE is commenting on it. Very odd.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Ooops. Wrong thread.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Its probably the Winter Soldier that everybody recognizes from the MCU in the cover. I wonder how well will #4 do, that Butch Guice cover and artwork were something special.
    Doubt it. Bucky's more recent mini had abysmal numbers:

70 78 Winter Soldier 1 $3.99 12/05/18 Marvel 26,329
    116 121 Winter Soldier 2 $3.99 01/02/19 Marvel 18,537
    120 118 Winter Soldier 3 $3.99 02/13/19 Marvel 14,605
    133 147 Winter Soldier 4 $3.99 03/13/19 Marvel 13,326

Bucky is one of those characters who, while wildly popular with the MCU, does not appear to translate to comic sales. Because the Thunderbolts run with him as the leader and the Tales of Suspense team-up with him and Clint didn't sell well either.

Last two preview pages from Invaders:

Ah man, even as a fan of the character, I don't think calling in the Avengers is the best possible solution to this issue, Steven. Don't do it. The presence of T'Challa and Tony is only going to aggravate Namor further.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Got this series for $.50 an issue during Free Comic Book Day (FCBD).

It reads well in consecutive order w/o waiting 30 days between. Hope it manages to get a decent run.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Thanks for this spoiler; Roman being Namor's son.

Of course we all realize that Roman is Namor spelled backwards, right? (mprobably said earlier in this thread?)

But way back in the late '60s, one of Marvel's reprint digests; Marvel's Collector Item Classics (MCIC) featured a '40s story about the All Winners Squad and the plot involved (as I recall) someone trying to frame Namor by a letter indicating 'RomaN' or something.

Hmmm, and hmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Got this series for $.50 an issue during Free Comic Book Day (FCBD).

It reads well in consecutive order w/o waiting 30 days between. Hope it manages to get a decent run.
    Glad you enjoyed it! According to a podcast Imperius Wrecked posted, we are at least getting a second arc, so I'm guessing another 6 issues. Hopefully more. Especially when it is getting good reviews like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Editor's Notes Comics
    INVADERS #5 by @zdarsky and @CarlosMagno1312 is out this week. This book keeps getting better with every issue. It's going places I wasn't expecting, and this issue especially has multiple huge moments. Everyone should be reading this comic!
    https://twitter.com/EdsNoteComics/st...14821129134081

I agree 200%! Everyone should be reading this comic!

I can't wait for tomorrow's issue!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

The latest issue was explosive! (no pun intended) But I am reeling and Chip spoilers:
    better fix jim right now! i still havent had any quality jim and toro time! or even with namor! Also we can see that Namor is being directly influenced by Tommy in this issue, and he directed Namor to take out jim. I honestly don't know how Namor is gonna come back from this, I trust Chip but this is just wow.
    end of spoilers

a few panels:

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I am in shock. Wow. Amazing issue.

Mighty Member

Awesome issue! Can't wait for the conclusion! Poor Jim, his insides look quite mechanic, I thought it would have been more synthezoid like artificial muscles and bone material instead of metallic. I'm also hoping Namor can return to a more heroic look and leave the Dracula threads and mop hair behind once this arc is over.

Great issue, but man oh man, do I hate the way Namor looks. That outfit is awful.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Great issue, but man oh man, do I hate the way Namor looks. That outfit is awful.
    Yep, its the worst. Sadly such good writing but the character doesn't even looks like Namor.

The cover is even worse, I'm not sure who the artist is trying to draw, but it's not Namor.

Ah well, at least it's a good book.

I'm in bit of disbelief right now over this issue.

Part me is thinking that this was deliberate move to state all out "There is no coming back for Namor. He is now and forever will be a Villain".

Then the other part of me is questioning if the Marvels current team is even aware of how big this move is in terms of Namor or Jim is as a character.

The writing in this title has been very good...but I have doubts. Not sure what to think....outside of hopefully this ends with Namor getting some form of redemption. (Not that he needs it because he is acting in terms of what he believe is best for his people. It would just be nice to see him present in a light that is without question of being on the side of good.)
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Fantastic Member

this is a really great book its shame its canceled after either the july or august issue. Invaders has always been a tough sell for whaterver reason as much i enjoy the book our store barely sold 5 copies of the past issue. I mentioned to this breevort with all the massive delays on the main cap book wouldnt it have made sense to run this story as an arc in the main cap book so caotes could catch up