Page 239 of 325 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 4870
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by khrisdrummond View Post
    It made sense why Ben wasn't used. How many times can you kill off Uncle Ben. I think Marvel will do great with the X-Men give them time.
    Uncle Ben is an integral part of Peter Parker story, for Feige to ignore this fact is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Uncle Ben is an integral part of Peter Parker story, for Feige to ignore this fact is silly.
    Everyone knows why Bruce Wayne became Batman and everyone knows about Uncle Ben it's wasting film on something people have already seen.

When Holland's Peter/Spidey interacts with his friends, teachers, fellow heroes, criminals, and Aunt May he is Peter/Spidey his journey might be different in the MCU but his character is dead on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Everyone knows why Bruce Wayne became Batman and everyone knows about Uncle Ben it's wasting film on something people have already seen.

When Holland's Peter/Spidey interacts with his friends, teachers, fellow heroes, criminals, and Aunt May he is Peter/Spidey his journey might be different in the MCU but his character is dead on.
    You just proved my point, in every Batman franchise his parents death is an integral part of his story.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-18-2019 at 01:49 PM.

You just my point, in every Batman franchise his parents death is an integral part of his story.
    It's also major complaint of Batman films. How many times do we need to see the Waynes shot? We get it let's move on to other aspects of the character.

Eh, i wouldn't go as far as that, Holland Spider-Man isn't bad (and the guy really puts a lot of effort in his performance), but his voice for Peter has never quite feel right to me, but that's more a personal thing. As for Ben, i'm glad that we didn't saw him dying again, but i would have like if they at least mentioned by name at some point, beyond a suitcase, even then is not really my biggest gripe with the MCU (wich is still good, i just don't agreed with the idea that it gets all the characters dead on)

Anyway, regarding the main theme, the X-Men movies, i think that people should prepare themselves to see Wolverine there (to what level i don't know, maybe he would be just a cameo or had an small scene), but i'm sure that they are going to make a better team dynamic than any of the Fox movies ever did, wich was their main flaw, they never were able to made more than three characters compelling in a movie.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

It's also major complaint of Batman films. How many times do we need to see the Waynes shot? We get it let's move on to other aspects of the character.
    No one is complaining. We don’t always need to see the Wayne’s get shot and we don’t always need to see Uncle Ben die. However we need too see and experience Bruce Wayne and Peter Parker’s pain, guilt and grieving that lead to their superhero identities.
    We see none of this with Holland’ Peter Parker.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-18-2019 at 03:49 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Eh, i wouldn't go as far as that, Holland Spider-Man isn't bad (and the guy really puts a lot of effort in his performance), but his voice for Peter has never quite feel right to me, but that's more a personal thing. As for Ben, i'm glad that we didn't saw him dying again, but i would have like if they at least mentioned by name at some point, beyond a suitcase, even then is not really my biggest gripe with the MCU (wich is still good, i just don't agreed with the idea that it gets all the characters dead on)

Anyway, regarding the main theme, the X-Men movies, i think that people should prepare themselves to see Wolverine there (to what level i don't know, maybe he would be just a cameo or had an small scene), but i'm sure that they are going to make a better team dynamic than any of the Fox movies ever did, wich was their main flaw, they never were able to made more than three characters compelling in a movie.
    I agree, mentioning Ben a few more times would've been more important. But perhaps they are waiting for that as Peter's hero work takes the next step up? In previous movies (where, I agree, they drove the Ben note into the ground) he went pretty much straight to A-level Super-heroing. I would suggest that the Holland Spidey hasn't even reached that level yet. Or just started scraping that surface.

In that light, Tony is more of a hero mentor as opposed to the role Ben plays in his life. Either way, I think Marvel read the tea leaves correctly that another Spidey origin was a huge mistake. Then again, they'll have much more time between the X-reboot and the Spidey one they pulled off.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I agree, mentioning Ben a few more times would've been more important. But perhaps they are waiting for that as Peter's hero work takes the next step up? In previous movies (where, I agree, they drove the Ben note into the ground) he went pretty much straight to A-level Super-heroing. I would suggest that the Holland Spidey hasn't even reached that level yet. Or just started scraping that surface.

In that light, Tony is more of a hero mentor as opposed to the role Ben plays in his life. Either way, I think Marvel read the tea leaves correctly that another Spidey origin was a huge mistake. Then again, they'll have much more time between the X-reboot and the Spidey one they pulled off.
    Plenty of people disagreed with me, but this is the main problem that i had with that version of Peter, Spider-Man having any sort of hero as his mentor is something that i find anathema for him...but people like it, so i guest that i had to get used to it, at least with him death and FFH dealing with the aftermath is probably that we won't see much of it again, at least i hope anyway.

But back to the X-Men, i do wonder how they are going to change Logan's backstory and if they are going to establish his past affiliations with Fury or Natasha (unlikely, but who knows), or if they are going to make him younger that previous versions. And if they would explain the origins of the mutants with the Celestials.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Plenty of people disagreed with me, but this is the main problem that i had with that version of Peter, Spider-Man having any sort of hero as his mentor is something that i find anathema for him...but people like it, so i guest that i had to get used to it, at least with him death and FFH dealing with the aftermath is probably that we won't see much of it again, at least i hope anyway.

But back to the X-Men, i do wonder how they are going to change Logan's backstory and if they are going to establish his past affiliations with Fury or Natasha (unlikely, but who knows), or if they are going to make him younger that previous versions. And if they would explain the origins of the mutants with the Celestials.
    I really think the Multiverse ends up being the answer to this. Then...prequels.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

No one is complaining. We don’t always need to see the Wayne’s get shot and we don’t always need to see Uncle Ben die. However we need too see and experience Bruce Wayne and Peter Parker’s pain, guilt and grieving that lead to their superhero identities.
    I agree. Batman isn't a superhero just because of his money and fighting skills, he is one for his parents deaths, that was what made him a hero.
    same for spidey, his power aren't what made hima hero, it was uncle Ben. Ignoring that is doing a huge diserving to the characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I agree. Batman isn't a superhero just because of his money and fighting skills, he is one for his parents deaths, that was what made him a hero.
    same for spidey, his power aren't what made hima hero, it was uncle Ben. Ignoring that is doing a huge diserving to the characters.
    Exactly. The failure to use his powers resulting in Ben's death is literally what defines him as a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I remember a time when the word of the day was "not another origin story." As pointed out before, we all know the score on that point. There are two whole movies that tell that story (and are still pretty well known). The MCU did not need to rehash it all over again, beyond a brief line in Civil War. Spider-Man may have his foundation in his origin story, but he's more then that one tale.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

If you are worried about characters deserving characters not getting time in the MCU because of "Wolverine" take one look at Disney + with Loki, Scarlet Witch & Vision, Hawkeye and Cap/Bucky having a show. In the X-world that could be Magneto, Jean & Scott, X23 and Bishop & Gambit getting shows. We were amazing close to a X-force movie and New Mutant movie you could see Marvel picking those projects for big screen or streaming. Why are people afraid of characters getting time?

I am going to explain like this for me the X-men is Cyclops, Jean, Iceman, Beast, Angel, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Storm, Colossus, Rogue, Kitty, Gambit, Bishop, Psylocke, and Jubilee. You can make arguments for Cable, X-23, Emma and Magik being a part of that group in recent years but those 15 characters are closest thing to being a core group. If you are telling story of the X-men these characters are going to get primary focus and Wolverine is key part of interactions with many of these characters. A X-men movie franchise should be those 15 characters rotating around as the story necessitates with Xavier playing his founder mentor role. In a perfect World you would have the Alt X-men pile( Emma, Banshee, Sunfire, Dazzler, Longshot,Darwin) X-factor (Havok, Polaris, Forge, Guido, Multiple Man) New Mutants (Cannonball, Moonstar, Sunspot,Magik, Karma, Rahne,Cypher) X-force (Cable, Domino, Deadpool Shatterstar, Rictor, Boom Boom) Excalibur (Rachel Grey, Meggan, Captain Britain),Gen X( M,Husk, Chamber, etc) and Young Mutant pile ( X-23, Hellion, Prodigy, Anole, Armor, etc) would get chances to shine indepently too. But they are so many characters that some of these concepts and teams are going to be merged into each other or not show up.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 08-18-2019 at 11:45 PM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I don't need to see it or care about it. Probably won't ever watch the previous 5 Spider-Man movies ever again. MCU Spider-Man is the best imo
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I don't need to see it or care about it. Probably won't ever watch the previous 5 Spider-Man movies ever again. MCU Spider-Man is the best imo
    Spider-Man is a tortured soul, that’s who he is as a superhero and a person. He is not this happy go lucky kid that only care about playing video games and trying to hookup with MJ.
    Kevin Feige’s Spider-Man is in a sense is a fraud.