Page 117 of 865 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217617 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Hey Martin, fantastic job with that first page of the thread. I love how you've put all the links in. It must have taken some time.
    Thanks. Just updated the first page. Got rid of the upcoming releases which is just too much work to keep up. Instead posted a link to the comixology pull list website and checked hardcover. So click on that link in the future if you need to know which publishers are releasing hardcover that week.

So that meant more space for pics and vids all of us posted. So keep 'em coming and I'll add them to the front page!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Thanks for the photos! Just ordered it as bookdepository lowered the price a bit. Can't wait to read it (I was hesitant with the rest of the LoEG series because people tend to like only vol 1 and 2 and heavily dislike Black dossier, but when I finally read BD a few months ago I LOVED it big time).
    While neither Black Dossier or Century are as good as LOEG 1-2, they're still really good. I think especially Century has grown on me thanks to the Nemo books, whom I hope get's collected as soon as possible as a single book also

I think my biggest problem with Century is that it relies a bit too much on the reader knowing the characters it uses. I never felt that in LOEG 1-2.

Anyways. I'v ordered it, and it's on it's way

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    While neither Black Dossier or Century are as good as LOEG 1-2, they're still really good. I think especially Century has grown on me thanks to the Nemo books, whom I hope get's collected as soon as possible as a single book also

I think my biggest problem with Century is that it relies a bit too much on the reader knowing the characters it uses. I never felt that in LOEG 1-2.

Anyways. I'v ordered it, and it's on it's way
    I think vol 2 was the best so far but I prefer BD over vol 1 (but I've only read BD once and haven't read Century, maybe sampled a few pages but didn't understand what's going on without BD).
    I should read the whole thing again, in order but I've read vol 1 and 2 so many times that I have to wait at least a year before I start the series again.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    my arrivals this week : )

i ordered final incal directly from humanoids and couldn't be happier with the service. bought it sunday night, shipped from california monday morning with usps media mail and arrived today in new york. book was bubble wrapped and also had air pockets in the box. i will definitely order from their site again for books that are tough to get through other vendors.
    Congratulations to you and the missus James. No dents or scratches. Just beautiful!

Amazing Member Black Iron Tarkus's Avatar

Just a quiet week, for once! The Incal coffee table vols. 3 & 5 arrived badly damaged (all for the lack of 10p worth of bubble wrap/packing paper), so they're going back

Is there a difference between instocktrades.com and dcbservice.com?
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

Amazing Member

Posted this over in the Marvel thread...

For those that are interested the new Steranko Nick Fury Artist Edition is currently available on amazon.co.uk for £57 + postage.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1...=AHRB2OK2Q2YCL

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    my arrivals this week : )

i ordered final incal directly from humanoids and couldn't be happier with the service. bought it sunday night, shipped from california monday morning with usps media mail and arrived today in new york. book was bubble wrapped and also had air pockets in the box. i will definitely order from their site again for books that are tough to get through other vendors.
    Wow! Congratulations! And remember you now have perhaps little more than a year to think of a way to protect things like that one on the left from that on the right

Literally, the biggest haul of my life:

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I think vol 2 was the best so far but I prefer BD over vol 1 (but I've only read BD once and haven't read Century, maybe sampled a few pages but didn't understand what's going on without BD).
    I should read the whole thing again, in order but I've read vol 1 and 2 so many times that I have to wait at least a year before I start the series again.
    Both the new traveller's almanac (found in 2 I think) and the black dossier makes it easier to get a grip what's going on both in Century and Nemo.

It's a very rewarding book when it comes to rereads. I recently went through every book and I'll probably wait till the next Nemo "River of ghosts", out next spring.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    I'm kinda hoping that since DC is reprinting Wildstorm stuff that they'll eventually make some kind of Gen13 HC as I had only read like one or two issues when they were coming out and would like to read more of the series.
    I'd buy the hell out of a Gen 13 omnibus. I LOVED that series as a teenager in the 90's. I own the floppies up to issue 25 or so, as well as the 5-issue miniseries that kicked it off.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    Both the new traveller's almanac (found in 2 I think) and the black dossier makes it easier to get a grip what's going on both in Century and Nemo.

It's a very rewarding book when it comes to rereads. I recently went through every book and I'll probably wait till the next Nemo "River of ghosts", out next spring.
    I find all the LEOG books very rereadable and rewarding. Reading Century now, which has me pumped for the next Nemo book. Too bad that's not until next year.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    I find all the LEOG books very rereadable and rewarding. Reading Century now, which has me pumped for the next Nemo book. Too bad that's not until next year.
    I must confess I needed to use Jesse Nevin's annotations to understand some of Century (especially the ending of 1999), but then I had no what so ever problems reading it

In a way, I'm quite happy with them taking their time. Hopefully they'll work on LOEG vol. 4 (supposed to be big and complex) at the same time. There's also almost too much good stuff coming out the next couple of months

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_ View Post
    Posted this over in the Marvel thread...

For those that are interested the new Steranko Nick Fury Artist Edition is currently available on amazon.co.uk for £57 + postage.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1...=AHRB2OK2Q2YCL
    Only Domestic shipping, darn

My purchases this week. Some eurocomics and also got a huge order from cheap-comics. Also check out my packaging experience with them in the other thread.

Pictures That Tick looks to die for. I'll post some interior shots later.