Page 407 of 626 FirstFirst ... 307357397403404405406407408409410411417457507 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,105 of 9381

Like everyone else, I had a problem with Jean's portrayal in today's issue of House of X. However... spoilers:
    I'm ok with it for now, because the fact that every single person on the mission died basically proves it wasn't *our* Jean. We're either seeing one of Moira's previous lives or everyone on the team were all clones grown by Krakoa. The latter would make sense since Jean is an Omega, and one of the purposes of the new mutant nation is to preserve the Omegas. Sending the real Jean on a suicide mission goes against that.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

:d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d
    This is my response to all of you who argue with me that Hickman's Jean would be awesome!!! I knew it she would suck even before it started with that stupid outfit and codename! This is a regression for the character, how is it a good thing??? She is the only one with the oldest stuffs(outfit and codename)! Hickman doesn't want her to shine compared to Emma! Wake up Jean's fan!
    Last edited by fridric; 09-04-2019 at 10:47 AM.

spoilers:
    I think this is the real/main/current timeline. It's just that Xavier is gonna ressurrect everyone on the pods ****.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    This is my response to all of you who argue with me that Hickman's Jean would be awesome!!! I knew it she would suck even before it started with that stupid outfit and codename! This is a regression for the character, how is it a good thing??? She is the only one with the oldest stuffs(outfit and codename)! Hickman doesn't want her to shine compared to Emma! Wake up Jean's fan!
    If anything I get the vibe that Monet is the one getting propped up in Jean's expense rather than Emma.

BANNED

Not AGAIN....NOT AGAIN!!!!

Poor Jean, I didn't like the way she was written here. This was not good. The Issue was GREAT. But jeez....

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    spoilers:
    I think this is the real/main/current timeline. It's just that Xavier is gonna ressurrect everyone on the pods ****.
    end of spoilers

If anything I get the vibe that Monet is the one getting propped up in Jean's expense rather than Emma.
    Yeah, that's my suspicion too. But you never know with Hickman. Given how much he shook things up with Moira's many lives, who knows how he'll have this play out.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Emma also get the prop up. they are two of Hickman favorite characters

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    I told you so

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Emma also get the prop up. they are two of Hickman favorite characters

I told you so
    I know. What I mean is that in the actual narrative there's no Emma/Jean relation. With M we actually have her and Jean interacting with Jean for some reason being portrayed as the weak link that needs for Monet to tell her what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Like everyone else, I had a problem with Jean's portrayal in today's issue of House of X. However... spoilers:
    I'm ok with it for now, because the fact that every single person on the mission died basically proves it wasn't *our* Jean. We're either seeing one of Moira's previous lives or everyone on the team were all clones grown by Krakoa. The latter would make sense since Jean is an Omega, and one of the purposes of the new mutant nation is to preserve the Omegas. Sending the real Jean on a suicide mission goes against that.
    end of spoilers
    Thank goodness for the X-Force solicit I guess. We know what happened today won't stick.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hopefully. Im still going with my theory about Xavier being behind it as I still think the MG suit is to represent when she was her weakest as she definitely felt more in line with 60s Jean here and not the one from Red with decades worth of experience
    But why only Jean? Monet, Emma, Scott all act the same. Jean is the most nerfed personality wise

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    But why only Jean? Monet, Emma, Scott all act the same. Jean is the most nerfed personality wise
    Jean's always been special to Xavier. She was his first student and considering she is the only omega telepath here (M's powers are nowhere in the same league), it would make sense to want to contain and control her

I think it's kind of silly to judge a long term writer's entire portrayal of a character based on a single arc, or even a single issue if we are to be accurate. Yes, he's given other characters some great moments so far, but you can't always do that.

We aren't even done with the setup for Hickman's main run (I assume he'll stick around for at least two or three years) and we already know there is something fishy going on with Xavier and the pods. Theories are plenty. This isn't the last time Hickman is going to be writing Jean and I am sure we'll get to see her in a different set of circumstances after this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean's always been special to Xavier. She was his first student and considering she is the only omega telepath here (M's powers are nowhere in the same league), it would make sense to want to contain and control her
    Still have Emma, Rachel, Quentin, Betsy. this would have been really creepy

Quote Originally Posted by Souther View Post
    I think it's kind of silly to judge a long term writer's entire portrayal of a character based on a single arc, or even a single issue if we are to be accurate. Yes, he's given other characters some great moments so far, but you can't always do that.

We aren't even done with the setup for Hickman's main run (I assume he'll stick around for at least two or three years) and we already know there is something fishy going on with Xavier and the pods. Theories are plenty. This isn't the last time Hickman is going to be writing Jean and I am sure we'll get to see her in a different set of circumstances after this point.
    She is still using the marvel girl costume into the Dawn of X and being called MG. I'm not sure if it will change much

I guess it depends on the writer and percy might be better than Hickman

Because it is confirmed and leaked that Jean won't do anything else and that she is dead forever, right

You're talking sense. We can't have rationality here. Only victimism and double standards.

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    Because it is confirmed and leaked that Jean won't do anything else and that she is dead forever, right

You're talking sense. We can't have rationality here. Only victimism and double standards.
    Lol funny coming from Mr "OMG AOX IS DISGUSTING THEY'RE GONNA DESTROY JEAN TO PROP UP BISHOP"

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Whoa there, Joaquim Phoenix.

You're speaking sane words in an insane world.

This is the CBR forums, bruv.
    "Cable was right!"