View Poll Results: Which trilogy are you looking forward to more?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rian Johnson's Trilogy

10 47.62%
  • David Benioff and D.B. Weiss Trilogy

11 52.38%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

I am not "looking forward"to any of them, but if they appear, I'll check them out.

Really liked Last Jedi, and Rian Johnson has decent worldbuilding in Looper.

Meanwhile, Game of Thrones seemed to work best as pure adaptation.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

Maybe they'll do better with a different setting and far less run time to fill.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I'll take D&D any day, the Last Jedi is still easily the worst Star Wars movie to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

I am in the minority I guess because I really did not like Looper at all. The acting and direction were okay but the story was full of plot holes and parts that just didn't make any since and was just terrible sloppy story telling. Being that The last Jedi and Looper are the only movies that I've seen that Ryan Johnson has written I am at the moment not that big of a fan and really not drawn to anything that he is putting out. (my opinion is that The Last Jedi was terrible sloppy story telling also).

I am how ever looking forward to David Benioff's new movie about an over-the-hill hitman faces off against a younger clone of himself (funny maybe compared to my dislike to Looper.) And a few of his project were a little hit and miss but I did like Game of Thrones
    I've not really seen enough of D.B. Weiss's other than GoT (not sure that he has done that much) but I'm curious to see what else he can do.

Will I watch Johnson's Star War movies? Yes, yes I will. But I'm looking forward to seeing Benioff's and Weiss's a whole lot more.
    Last edited by Moon Ronin; 09-27-2019 at 12:39 PM.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

I hate to say this but I don't think Rian Johnson trilogy will happen especially now with Feige coming on.

I know more of Johnson's work and never got around to catching up with Game of Thrones.

Granted their projects could be consolidated with Johnson directing and the other two writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I hate to say this but I don't think Rian Johnson trilogy will happen especially now with Feige coming on.
    That makes no sense.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    That makes no sense.
    D&D's first movie has been dated and RJ's hasn't, and that was before the Feige announcement. https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/14/1...isney#comments

We all know that Feige's project will get a date. And what if Feige wants to do more than one movie?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

RJ I too consider in limbo now. I argued against the initial knee-jerking saying it wouldn't happen after it was announced because it was indeed a knee-jerk, there was no evidence of it, it was only based on some people being mad at TLJ. As time passed though and word has grown less and less, there's now evidence to at least make one wonder.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    RJ I too consider in limbo now. I argued against the initial knee-jerking saying it wouldn't happen after it was announced because it was indeed a knee-jerk, there was no evidence of it, it was only based on some people being mad at TLJ. As time passed though and word has grown less and less, there's now evidence to at least make one wonder.
    But was it knee-jerk? The RJ off Star Wars talk didn't start until the Hollywood reporter interview https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...owdown-1145493 The part that got everyone talking was this.

"I made the timing decision, and as I look back, I think the mistake that I made — I take the blame — was a little too much, too fast. You can expect some slowdown, but that doesn't mean we're not going to make films. J.J. [Abrams] is busy making [Episode] IX. We have creative entities, including [Game of Thrones creators David] Benioff and [D.B.] Weiss, who are developing sagas of their own, which we haven't been specific about. And we are just at the point where we're going to start making decisions about what comes next after J.J.'s. But I think we're going to be a little bit more careful about volume and timing. And the buck stops here on that."

Not once did he mention RJ, someone whose trilogy was announced before Benioff and Weiss. You mean to tell me Iger just forgot to mention someone they gave a trilogy to?

Then the dates for the new trilogy was announced...for Benioff and Weis. https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/14/1...isney#comments

Maybe they owe him a project and are hoping he will tire of waiting? Maybe they want to see how Knives Out does first? People are saying that it has some Oscar buzz. Maybe if it wins an Oscar Disney takes him out of the penalty box? But if it does well at the Oscars why would Rian Johnson go back after all the crap TLJ got?

With all the crazy movie news I wouldn't be shocked if Johnson makes a Star Wars trilogy and D&D are sent packing.

What is really worrisome is that this news is coming out now. This effectively robs Rise Of The Skywalker of all momentum. It's like the sequel trilogy is the broccoli you have to eat to get the dessert.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 09-28-2019 at 01:42 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Yeah, I think it was. Hindsight is 20/20, but when the announcement was made it was an official announcement. Assuming that would follow through was by far the most reasonable reaction at the time. This was prior to Solo's failure/disappointment and the dominoes that would begin to fall stemming from that and a reflection of the overall direction on Disney's part.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-28-2019 at 02:24 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    D&D's first movie has been dated and RJ's hasn't, and that was before the Feige announcement. https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/14/1...isney#comments

We all know that Feige's project will get a date. And what if Feige wants to do more than one movie?
    A lot of assumptions there.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    What is really worrisome is that this news is coming out now. This effectively robs Rise Of The Skywalker of all momentum. It's like the sequel trilogy is the broccoli you have to eat to get the dessert.
    Yeah, not likely.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)