Default Captain America without his shield vs Nightwing

Nightwing has his standard gear.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Then I'll bet on the guy with a veritable arsenal, which probably includes AOE gas and explosives, and at least comparable stats.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Then I'll bet on the guy with a veritable arsenal, which probably includes AOE gas and explosives, and at least comparable stats.
    Yeah this is just handicapping Cap in a figtht where his opponent already has an arsenal.

Cap is definately stronger than Dick, much tougher, and is just as fast. Their fighting skills are probably dead even.

As for Dick's arsenal, it definitely gives him a slight advantage, but not as great a one as you'd think. Cap has feats of resisting poisons/toxins, and it's not like he's going to stand there and let Dick blow him up. How many times has Cap survived attempted murder-by-explosion? A barage of Wingdings could hurt Cap, but I don't see them hitting him hard enough to put him down, and it's not like Cap couldn't avoid a solid number of them.

Even without the shield, I don't see Dick having the DPS required to put down Cap for the 10-count.

As for Dick's arsenal, it definitely gives him a slight advantage, but not as great a one as you'd think. Cap has feats of resisting poisons/toxins, and it's not like he's going to stand there and let Dick blow him up. How many times has Cap survived attempted murder-by-explosion? A barage of Wingdings could hurt Cap, but I don't see them hitting him hard enough to put him down, and it's not like Cap couldn't avoid a solid number of them.
    How many times have people with Nightwing's capacity attempted to murder by explode him? Why is he throwing anything but gas bombs and AoE crap here? Cap's not immune to knockout gas, flashbangs, smoke, sonics, and the guy here with a rebreather and crap to shield from that is not him.

Cap has feats of resisting poisons/toxins
    He's not outright immune to them, knockout gas has worked on the guy. Which is here along with sonics and a wide variety of other things. And Cap has nothing to protect himself with. Or throw to immediately put Nightwing on the defensive.

edit: with that said, if this is current spy dude NuNightwing, his spy loadout is.. not his Bat stuff as I recall it, though someone can feel free to correct me. He's kinda hosed in that case unless they really tricked him out.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 01-11-2015 at 11:49 PM.

Doesn't current spy Nightwing have a gun though?

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Doesn't current spy Nightwing have a gun though?
    I'm not recalling Nightwing as some kind of expert gunman.

edit: I am in fact recalling that most of his accomplishments with guns involve using them as throwing weapons.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 01-12-2015 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I'm not recalling Nightwing as some kind of expert gunman.
    I just figured a near-peak human with a gun has an advantage against an unarmed peak human. Though apparently Dick is not a very good shot. Cap can probably aim dodge and close in.

http://wordofthenerdonline.com/wp-co...-3-3-83ffc.jpg

That's what I mean, yeah. The gun is not going to help him, he's not really some sort of marksman with one (unless they went ahead and made him into one at some point somewhere and I missed it, which, if they did, /sigh/), as compared to with the throwing of things.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 01-12-2015 at 07:49 AM.