Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

She forced Thor to sleep with her. I can imagine most people using their TP to do things like that.

But since we are all here looking for her, it appears we all forgave Heather for her past indiscretions.

I think she has grown since that time.

BANNED

Speak for yourself, lol. I certainly don't forgive blatant rape.

Niffleheim

All telepaths are rapists.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    All telepaths are rapists.
    No, they aren't. Rape is a sexual act. Not all telepaths abuse their powers to force themselves on others sexually.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    No, they aren't. Rape is a sexual act. Not all telepaths abuse their powers to force themselves on others sexually.
    Their form of rape is violating someone's mind.

BANNED

Their form of rape is violating someone's mind.
    Assault, yes. But not rape. Rape is exclusively a sexual act and violating someone's mind is not inherently sexual.

Niffleheim

Assault, yes. But not rape. Rape is exclusively a sexual act and violating someone's mind is not inherently sexual.
    An unwelcomed mindfuck is rape in my book (BTW I hate telepaths.)

Edit:
    Last edited by Tofali; 12-06-2016 at 11:55 AM.

BANNED

An unwelcomed mindfuck is rape in my book I don't think i'll ever change that stance. (BTW I hate telepaths.)
    Fair enough. But your personal definition of rape and the actual definition of rape are not the same. So I just can't agree with you on this "all telepaths are rapists" assertion, because by definition it isn't true.

Niffleheim

Fair enough. But your personal definition of rape and the actual definition of rape are not the same. So I just can't agree with you on this "all telepaths are rapists" assertion, because by definition it isn't true.
    Can we go by the same definition of things when it comes to beings with power? Doesn't their power transcend definition? There should be like "mind trespassing laws" by now that stops them from reading or manipulating ppl's minds without their permission. I try as hard as i can to avoid stories that have telepaths in them.

BANNED

Can we go by the same definition of things when it comes to beings with power? Doesn't their power transcend definition? There should be like "mind trespassing laws" by now that stops them from reading or manipulating ppl's minds without their permission. I try as hard as i can to avoid stories that have telepaths in them.
    I'm certain said laws already exist in the Marvel Universe, and would be surprised if this wasn't the case. And yes, we can go by the same definition of things, because reading someone's mind without consent, or telepathically forcing them to do something, is not even in the remote vicinity of sexually violating them unless actual rape is involved (i.e., Moondragon). If anything, it needs a term all its own that doesn't evoke something else entirely.

Niffleheim

I'm certain said laws already exist in the Marvel Universe, and would be surprised if this wasn't the case. And yes, we can go by the same definition of things, because reading someone's mind without consent, or telepathically forcing them to do something, is not even in the remote vicinity of sexually violating them unless actual rape is involved (i.e., Moondragon). If anything, it needs a term all its own that doesn't evoke something else entirely.
    Well i associate telepaths with violation and robbing consent from victims so i guess we'll have to agree to disagree and leave it there.

BANNED

Well i associate telepaths with violation and robbing consent from victims so i guess we'll have to agree to disagree and leave it there.
    Sounds good to me.

I will say that Heather mellowed out and became a lot more heroic around the time she became prominent in the DnA Guardians run. I think Phyla had a lot to do with that.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I will say that Heather mellowed out and became a lot more heroic around the time she became prominent in the DnA Guardians run. I think Phyla had a lot to do with that.
    Indeed. Most of the people I encounter that like Moondragon it's due to her Annihilation and GotG (20XX) appearances. She was a straight-up bitch when she first showed up.