Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Doom didn't use any special powers to kill Cyclops, lmao.
    LMAO!!!!!! THat makes no sense. He's a god, everything is power. Just grabbing PF cyclops and snapping his neck is that in itself.

I'm annoyed that to show off he's 'god', Doom just used his powers to go boom. I think over half of the Marvel universe has a variation of the 'make things go boom' power.

If you're god, you can unmake them. You can replace all their brains with pigeons, turn their bones to gas, anything.

But nope, make things go boom it is! Also yeah physically being able to break Scott's neck is impressive and all, but so would have been turning into him a tiny chick on fire. Doom-God has boring powers and little imagination, pft!

Okay on-topic. So there aren't any versions of Reed in the world, really? It's either a subconscious thing that Doom didn't pick to rescue any Reed at all, or possibly the different versions of himself on other worlds killed the Reeds?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    I'm annoyed that to show off he's 'god', Doom just used his powers to go boom. I think over half of the Marvel universe has a variation of the 'make things go boom' power.

If you're god, you can unmake them. You can replace all their brains with pigeons, turn their bones to gas, anything.

But nope, make things go boom it is! Also yeah physically being able to break Scott's neck is impressive and all, but so would have been turning into him a tiny chick on fire. Doom-God has boring powers and little imagination, pft!

Okay on-topic. So there aren't any versions of Reed in the world, really? It's either a subconscious thing that Doom didn't pick to rescue any Reed at all, or possibly the different versions of himself on other worlds killed the Reeds?
    A chunk of the Reeds were part of the council that got killed by the Celestials or were a part of other Illumantis that died and most likely Doom went out his way to make sure he didn't save or recreate any Reeds.

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

It's the other way around. Back in Hickman's FF, there was a council of Reeds that were destroying their Doom's minds. I think that our Doom was one of last (only?) Dooms left with his mind.
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

I think this issue showed he is not an omnipotent God

hes just really freaking powerful
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Well he did save patches of the multiverse to make Battleworld. That wasn't boring. The revalation that Strange gave us with what Doom did interms of Reeds family while boring in a matter it definitely screams something Doom would do.

The more I think of it, and reread the dialogue of Dooms words to Reed... Doom did all this to gloat which is typical but gives it a classic FF feel.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Doom didn't use any special powers to kill Cyclops, lmao.
    He wasn't worth it. Why use a cannon to kill a fire chicken?

Spectacular Member

Well, a lot of alt reeds died in FF. Or maybe they are part of the hidden things that Strange alluded to.

Or maybe adult Valeria scooped them up and took them to the council. Probably wishful thinking since she has had zero involvement in this Entire story. I do wonder what happened with those areas still floating around outside the multiverse -- the council, the library.

Btw, if this is a FF event like some have been saying, then great. That arc was really the best event in recent history, and it wasn't even labeled an event. I'll take that any day.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    No, Strange teleported them all away and then Doom Dropped Cyclops. Keep in mind Doom has the power of the Beyonders and that same power killed Phoenix's from other multiverses, Living Tribunal which is more powerful than a PF. So for Hickman to let PF Cyke live would undermine his own work and I don't recall Hickman pulling stunts like that. BMB has but I don't recall hickman having done so. Beside in BMB past interview He himself stated we'll learn how Cyclops lost the PF.
    There is only one Phoenix Force. It represents the past, present, and future life in all the multiverse. I wouldn't necessarily say that the Living Tribunal is "stronger" than the Phoenix Force. I think the power levels of these abstracts have never been clearly defined and open to a lot of interpretation. So I wouldn't say that, for instance, that Phoenixclops surviving would undermine Hickman's story mechanics.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by frostywontons View Post
    There is only one Phoenix Force. It represents the past, present, and future life in all the multiverse. I wouldn't necessarily say that the Living Tribunal is "stronger" than the Phoenix Force. I think the power levels of these abstracts have never been clearly defined and open to a lot of interpretation. So I wouldn't say that, for instance, that Phoenixclops surviving would undermine Hickman's story mechanics.
    It really would. See Hank Pym's interpretation of the Living Tribunal. It was more then the guardian of the multiverse. It was the multiverse taken form.

Spectacular Member

to think we cyke fans havent read the original secret wars.. pheonix got pawned..

the good news is.. Even dead we are still the best part of the book from issue 1.

Anyhow editorial is in denial mode now that the xmen movie is coming out
    Wanda: Self-described soldiers adorned with an "X" with no dedication to what it stands for..

X-MAN: There is no measure.. to the level of sacrifice to what it stood for.. for sure as hell it's not an "A".

Amazing Member

SW#4 really confirmed that Avengers/New Avengers and Secret Wars is a FF story, an extension of Hickman's FF run. Doom meeting Reed revealed the classic Doom inferiority to Reed theme. Secret Wars will definitely be a last great hurrah for Doom fans. I doubt we'll get a more competent Doom writer for a long time.

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

There is more than one Phoenix. There are many What If comics that feature alternate Phoenixes. There is (was?) only one LT.
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    There is more than one Phoenix. There are many What If comics that feature alternate Phoenixes. There is (was?) only one LT.
    Well aware that multiple Phoenixes exists, but these are the hosts not the Force itself, which is singular. I am pretty certain that in canon there is only a single Phoenix Force, but many hosts.

BANNED

We've had a PF in Age of Apacoylpse Universe, 616 universe, and hell in Morrison's run of New X-men he showed us the PF corps... each one governing their own universe.

The Living Tribunal is stronger than the PF (he's literally just underneath the One Above All itself.. that has never been retconned) as well as being's such as galactus and Beyonder from past marvel stories and continuity.

Phoenixclops surving would undermine the story since we were shown the Beyonders able to kill the living tribunal which is a really big deal. You would have to have read.. Infintity gauntlet and other old Marvel cosmic books.