Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Lol, Age of X-man is a total failure, color me surprised.
    This is what happens when you leave the D-listers in charge. It doesn't matter how much their fans complain on twitter or here, people don't like to pay for boring characters and stories forced through their throats.

I laughted before about age of x-man first issues opening at 30k but Bishop and Apocalypse have proved that they can open even lower, hahaha.

Of course now come the excuses about lack of promotion, cyclops, AU stuff, etc. But the truth is that this Age of X-man is crap, with boring stories and pushed the wrong characters.

Marvel needs to learn from this failure of an event.

I can't wait to see how much lower the Age of X-man books can sink. Will they even reach 10k by issue #5?
    I seriously doubt it.
    Last edited by 404ArgeTal; 04-29-2019 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 404ArgeTal View Post
    This is what happens when you leave the D-listers in charge. It doesn't matter how much their fans complain on twitter or here, people don't like to pay for boring characters and stories forced through their throats.

I laughted before about age of x-man first issues opening at 30k but Bishop and Apocalypse have proved that they can open even lower, hahaha.

Of course now come the excuses about lack of promotion, cyclops, AU stuff, etc. But the truth is that this Age of X-man is crap, with boring stories and pushed the wrong characters.

I can't wait to see how much lower the Age of X-man books can sink. Will they even reach 10k by issue #5?
    I seriously doubt it.
    Since when Jean. Magneto, Storm, X-23 are D-listers?

I seriously doubt it.
    No character was ever gonna save age of x-man
    Last edited by Daedra; 04-29-2019 at 04:29 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I seriously doubt it.
    Ororo, Magneto, Jean Grey, Nightcrawler and Colossus are D-listers?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    They aren't but they haven't done crap. Marvelous has been such a snoozefest. All those characters feel like non entities, they could be replaced and very little would change.

D listers are characters like the previously mentioned Bishop and Apocalypse
    Last edited by 404ArgeTal; 04-29-2019 at 04:28 PM.

easy, those characters along with all the others stuck into age of x-man don't feel like the real ones, until we get to a resolution they read for all intent and purpose like alternate universe iterations. They took away all that fans like about them.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    easy, those characters along with all the others stuck into age of x-man don't feel like the real ones, until we get to a resolution they read for all intent and purpose like alternate universe iterations. They took away all that fans like about them.
    So the problem isn't D-listers, but a AU. e

Exactly, you can't make a turd smell like roses, any character can be an A-lister when concept, execution and editing are worth the dollars of the book price tag, clearly buyers don't feel that's the case, personally I can only say that this whole thing felt like someone sequestered all my favorite toys hiding them for 5 months.

Maybe the real D-lister was... love.

Nate Grey sucked out everyone's horny and popularity with a straw, somehow.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Lol
    The problem isnt what Age of X-man did wrong, Marvel did many things wrong.
    The problem is that Age of X-man did nothing rigth, the customers voted with their wallets and the veredict was a comercial failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    nate grey is the biggest villain

Lol
    The problem isnt what Age of X-man did wrong, Marvel did many things wrong.
    The problem is that Age of X-man did nothing rigth, the customers voted with their wallets and the veredict was a comercial failure.
    the books are pre-ordered. People were already not interested since it was announced

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Nah he labotamized everyone, left the horny but with no idea how to use it and then wonders why he has to keep breaking out the psychic squirt bottle every time they get horny.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 04-29-2019 at 06:15 PM.

Astonishing Member

the books are pre-ordered. People were already not interested since it was announced
    Not telling anyone what the books were about untill after preorders were a bad idea. Who could have thought letting the community assume it was just a lazy retrain to age of apocalypse for months would end badly.

Also if if you want to sell age of xmen but the same time announcements a relaunch with Hickman, go out of there way to sell war of the realm as the bigges marvel event of all time and a must read, and for lack of a better term state "wolverine and cyclops are back buy uncanny that it's the only x book that matters" you shouldn't expect any other result. We had a similar problem with ANW, marvel said it exist but theb screamed buy old man Logan hes Logan but old buy him and ignore ANW and surprise ANW lost sales. If you want something to sell you cant say buy some else insted. Age of x is a over all good read, but marvel has done almost everyting in there powered to set it up for failure.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Maybe the real D-lister was... love.
    The real D-Lister was the friends we made along the journey.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.