Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Jordan: I think the big lesson was that the X-Men can grow and change, still. This run took the core of the X-Men and spun it in a different direction than it had been before. It was (and I guess I am sorry about the pun here) an evolution of the idea. It went into bigger ideas about evolution and culture and society, it changed the character’s relationships to one another as well as to their roles in the X-Men and what the X-Men meant. The fact that such big moves could happen while still feeling both fresh and like the X-Men was amazing. It’s what made me a regular monthly X-Men reader rather than someone who just read collections of older material. It felt like it was the X-Men of that moment, the X-Men of the current world rather than a callback to the X-Men that were in the past. So, in the end, the lesson to learn is about why they did what they did, the larger ideas behind what they did rather than the specific things they did.

Jordan: Oh man, I love it. Flawed characters are the best. Characters overcoming their own shortcoming, or at least struggling with them, is pretty much the thing that makes the best stories. It’s what makes Marvel Marvel—the classic idea of the heroes having feet of clay is what set them apart from a lot of the heroes that came before. Superman is, for the most part, a purely aspirational hero. He is perfect, he is good at everything, he has all the powers and can defeat anything. Spider-Man fails the people close to him, he struggles to do what’s right and usually gets punished for doing it. (Side note—that is not a knock on Superman. I love him as an aspirational hero. To my mind, people complaining about him being too powerful are missing the point of Superman. But that’s neither here nor there.)

Jordan: Beast is another great example of a terrific flawed character. I think a lot of the nuance of Beast that I love has roots in this era. The X-Men fans who hate Beast love to rage at him being a hypocrite, at this mistake and that mistake that he made. And you know what? They are right about a lot of it… and that’s why he is great and interesting. He is an incredibly smart guy who has good intentions and thinks a lot about what is and is not right… but thinking and doing are two different things and he really struggles with that. Sitting and thinking about ideals is a very different thing than reacting to real life in the moment, and sometimes you end up in a different place than you wanted to. I can really relate to that.

Good stuff.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    If you read MMX, you would also know that Rogue and Remy are actually into BDSM lmao
    That is cool i hope it was done in a healthy way not just for shock...but lol i kinda should have seen it.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

BANNED

This was really good stuff. People will probably complain about it being useless talking about the past, but I think it gives a good insight on how JDW views the X-Men and makes it more clear about what to expect. Hard to disagree with his opinions in general. It's also easy to see which parts of this interview will make people angry, but that's life

That smug charming Sunspot will be my avatar as soon as I get back from work. He's just gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Rogue looks pregnant

Glad to see Dani and Roberto colored with darker skin
    She really looks pregnant, but JDW is so against heroes having kids. So probably is Marcus To style

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    She really looks pregnant, but JDW is so against heroes having kids. So probably is Marcus To style
    He against it, but doesn't mean it can't happen. He says when Hickman was pitching his ideas for the X-Men, he said his first thoughts to some ideas were "we can't do that", but notes how good Hickman's ideas are for his longer plan.

So there could be a baby involved. And that will certainly become a source of toxicity in their next break-up. Because lets face it, we know that'll be coming too. Just standard Marvel where all pairings are doomed. Outside of Luke x Jessica & Sue x Reed
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-16-2019 at 06:33 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I feel like I'm going to puke.
    All these drama has done nothing but hurt these characters. Cyclops specially.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 09-16-2019 at 06:34 AM.

Marcus To’s Betsy is really skinny tho ��

Also Rogue and Gambit don't need kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    He against it, but doesn't mean it can't happen. He says when Hickman was pitching his ideas for the X-Men, he said his first thoughts to some ideas were "we can't do that", but notes how good Hickman's ideas are for his longer plan.

So there could be a baby involved. And that will certainly become a source of toxicity in their next break-up. Because lets face it, we know that'll be coming too. Just standard Marvel where all pairings are doomed. Outside of Juke & Seed. lol
    Well they found a way to get rid of Spidey and MJ daughter. Never doubt what they can do when they don't like something.

Seems like Marriage with kids doesn't get the axe, like Reed/sue and luke/jessica. But the way JDW likes messed up relationships, kids would add drama to the divorce.

I'm not surprised that jDW likes messed up relationship, what surprisedme is thathis fave character moment is Scott kissing Emma on jean's grave. That was pure garbage moment

Gambit and Rogue pic is beautiful.

Well they found a way to get rid of Spidey and MJ daughter. Never doubt what they can do when they don't like something.

Seems like Marriage with kids doesn't get the axe, like Reed/sue and luke/jessica. But the way JDW likes messed up relationships, kids would add drama to the divorce.

I'm not surprised that jDW likes messed up relationship, what surprisedme is thathis fave character moment is Scott kissing Emma on jean's grave. That was pure garbage moment
    and he says he is a Jean/Scott fan. How could someone like their relationship and at the same time like all the crap Morrison threw to it?
    Even many not fans found that crap distasteful

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I'm not surprised that jDW likes messed up relationship, what surprised me is that his fave character moment is Scott kissing Emma on jean's grave. That was pure garbage moment
    It's in line with his pairing taste. I was familiar with him back on Deadpool, and his relationship with Shiklah that was the height of a toxic & tacky relationship. And he loved it. He stated the reason he loved it was due to how messed up it was.

When Shiklah is first showing cheating on Deadpool,someone questioned JDW about how she changed from her fun more loving self toward Wade, and JDW says she's still those things while cheating on her husband and the two characters she was in bed with were good friends & there's no issue with friends "hanging out."

Then when fans brought up the abuse in the relationship, he states Wade is not a good husband or person, and as such he has not earned anything better than her while stating that Shiklah as the one who rushed into things & picked the wrong man. Even though she was the adulterer & abuser in the relationship.

And far as their relationship when it's not toxic, there's them breaking into a couple's room and getting to second base on one bed while the couple is tied up on the other. There's having sex on her ancestor's graves for five hours. Then in Til Death Do Us, she starts a war to annex New York, marries Dracula, and attacks DP when he tries to stop her. Next time we see them they're both naked after having just had sex in the middle of the war she started.

So that shows you the types of romances he enjoys.The toxic ones that make characters look bad or pathetic. lol For a Deadpool fan coming off of that mess with Shiklah, his answers on pairings is not surprising.

Then again given one of the pairings I liked, that had drama written all over it, so you'd think he'd want that ship to sail a bit before the bombs shot it down. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-16-2019 at 07:01 AM.

The only reason why I think Rogue’s pregnant is because 1) I’m bored 2) the “hints” (or at least what I personally perceived as hints) thats been dropped. Like the fact that Tini said we’ll “witness a birth” (I didnt think it literally at first but...), or her saying that the team will be taking on new roles, one of which is “Mother” (it could refer to Jubilee, but she’s been a mom for years now), or Marcus To saying that Rogue’s going through some change or sort + the solicits for issue #2 and also the fact that the last panel of MMX literally ended with them talking about having kids. We’ll see how it goes. I’m personally down with it. I mean, those grey twins in Extermination are definitely theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Marcus To’s Betsy is really skinny tho ��
    Maybe he doesn't draw every woman with the same body?

Maybe he doesn't draw every woman with the same body?
    Honestly, good on him if he does that. His art right now is phenomenal.