Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Marauders #8 Review *spoilers*

After the preview pages, we get a somewhat nice scene of Emma telepathically calling "To me, my Marauders." However she is kneeling and crying as she proclaims it and the only one to answer her call is Iceman so Idk if it counts as a "yassss kween" moment, probably not.

The issue then shifts to the rest of the cast reacting to Kate's demise. Iceman lashes out and maims a bunch of Homines Verendi goons. I know Krakoan law never stated **** no man up but it is getting a bit redundant for a new member of the team to basically torture folks every issue. I guess it counted as a feat? Meh.

Storm and Emma have an interesting exchange. I found it emotionally vibrant but Storm was all over the place. The bitchslap was cancelled by her immediately joking about it afterwards and it looked like she threw a tantrum and Emma was calm and collected and got her to come to her senses.

The Shaws are celebrating and Shinobi introduces the Black Knights of the Hellfire Company: Fenris. How the hoot were they resurrected already???

The Sinister Secrets was probably the most interesting bit:

#16 seem to be about Kate not showing up to QC meetings.
    #17 taking into consideration FF+XM #01, it sounds like Kid Omega was cockblocked by Jumbo. Which is funny since Jumbo's death triggered QQ to start a riot back when.
    #18 I wonder who got Stinger preggo? Remember when Yost tried to tease a ship between her and Iceman lololol why
    #19 the thing about growing a new Krakoa is inch resting. Could that refer to Arrako? It's funny that Sinister hates Fenris, he's like I can excuse nazism but I draw the line at incest.

Oh, I guess the Lockheed thing is important because he's the only one who knows about Shaw's betrayal. I was getting annoyed that that was a plot.

The art was great. My only complaint was it not depicting Emma's memory transfer to Storm. These psychic stubts are always a good excuse to flex some artistic muscles in crazy way and that was just told not shown to us at all. Oh well.

Good book, but I guess I need this one to go more places than back and forth on boats. Still will look forward to it, but I felt like this issue took no time to read for some reason. Yeah, that Fenris reveal was a little "yawn."
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

BANNED

Best Iceman moment since Carey.

King Omega.

An angry Bobby is a scary/sexy Bobby. Did he turn himself and Bishop into vapor and teleport??

Ororo and Emma were gorgeous. Storm’s free-flowing tears. Emma taking the slap like a Queen. The petals. I can’t.

Sebastian is in for a thrashing.

Enter Fenris. I feel as Sinister does about them haha.

Lockheed my love!!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

I’m rooting for the Shaws.

This book continually impresses me. (Though remembering that Kate has shown up in the FF mini and today's Wolverine makes her potential death less effective). More Christian, Emma continues to steal the show - with a fresh moment with Storm, Iceman being badass; what's not to love!

I did not understand the teleportation moment of Iceman and Bishop????

I'm not a fan of the Fernis Twins (they were best in Thunderbolts when Andreas was a creepy swordsman who wrapped his sisters skin around his sword), but I thought it was a smart quick play of bringing them in; especially since there has already been comparisons to Emma and Christian (who will destroy them)!

I need to reread but I didn't make much of the Sinister Secrets.

Can't wait for the Lockheed x Emma team up!
    Last edited by NewMutant; 02-19-2020 at 10:16 AM.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I loved it as always but I definitely wanted more from the Emma vs Storm thing. I'm hoping we get an emotional resolution to their issues in Giant Size. But on the flip side, I'm just looking to get a Real X-wives of Krakoa book in the future. They're fun when they're shady to each other like in Ellis' Astonishing run.

Oh also, I'm calling it now. The Mercury is one of Christian's psychic constructs.

This was great as usual.

Shinobi is probably dating both Fenris.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    King Omega.

An angry Bobby is a scary/sexy Bobby. Did he turn himself and Bishop into vapor and teleport??

Ororo and Emma were gorgeous. Storm’s free-flowing tears. Emma taking the slap like a Queen. The petals. I can’t.

Sebastian is in for a thrashing.

Enter Fenris. I feel as Sinister does about them haha.

Lockheed my love!!
    Bobby was scary here. I'm no Destiny, but I foresee 20+ pages of discussion on how he mauled that man.

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    I loved it as always but I definitely wanted more from the Emma vs Storm thing. I'm hoping we get an emotional resolution to their issues in Giant Size. But on the flip side, I'm just looking to get a Real X-wives of Krakoa book in the future. They're fun when they're shady to each other like in Ellis' Astonishing run.
    Oh sign me up for that. Seriously.

But yeah, I'm still feeling a bit ooky on the Storm and Emma moment. I absolutely buy everything until Storm was all jokey and hugging Emma.
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post

Oh also, I'm calling it now. The Mercury is one of Christian's psychic constructs.
    Oh! Wow that'd be a big feat to keep up hahaha

So the White Kween got herself teleporting tech too? T'Challa is shooketh

I had a flashback

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I’m rooting for the Shaws.
    Having Shadowcat out of the picture let's the other characters thrive. This is a much better Marauders for the most part.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Shinobi is probably dating both Fenris.
    I was thinking the same thing. You know they eiffel tower him every night.

And really, he couldn't get his old friends Benazir Kaur and Reeva Payge in the mix?

Was not amused.

Bobby being too busy hosting a flatscan tv show to watch Kate's back was not absolved by him traumatizing the little cavemen. And of course Duggan can not handle Ororo correctly at all. If Emma hadn't been going out of her way to antagonize Shaw at every step of the way, maybe he wouldn't have acted so vindictively. But, as always, her actions are swept under the carpet and we are supposed to just keep moving. It's infuriating to see Ororo shackled to his book when Hickman and Percy are knocking it out of the park into the stratosphere every issue. That Giant Sized issue can not come soon enough.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Fantastic Member

This book deserves a better artist. I’m glad the pacing and story are getting better. Emma shines in all her scenes. Love the slapfest with Storm. Iceman can teleport? Mr. Sinister knows the Tea. I wish Sebastian Shaw have more motivations aside from greed and power. Why is he not trying to resurrect his deceased wife and hellfire club peers killed by nimrod? I suspect Lockheed have amnesia. Illyana, Rachel and Logan will flip once they hear the news. I give it 3 out of 5 stars. Definitely glad it’s getting better.