Page 466 of 1149 FirstFirst ... 366416456462463464465466467468469470476516566966 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 6,990 of 17222

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I think the main fear from the Clois fans...and mine when it was first announced...is that this was DC's top brass' way to drive a permanent wedge between Lois and Superman for this continuity and an excuse to push her even further out of the Superman comics ultimately in a bid to take away the main "threat" to Warner bros corporately mandated test marketed "power couple". Thankfully, at least for me, it doesn't feel like that was the motivation behind this storyline. It still could ultimately be the case,and SUPERMAN #43 will be the key to see where this leads for Lois...but for the time being I'm keeping an open mind, or at least attempting to.
    At this point I am merely collecting out of lifelong habit. I cannot fathom Lois being attracted to Biker boy Supes or betraying his secret.The thought of another LL competitor turns my stomach...and yet I still hope for better things for Lois. Call me crazy,but I keep hanging on.

BANNED

Clark as a biker never works out. Just ask Lana.

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Threads View Post
    Clark as a biker never works out. Just ask Lana.
    Hahaha. Great reference!

Morgan Edge is a plot hanging around in the New 52. So who knows, maybe "Truth" will be his end just like biker Clark was in "Smallville".

Quote Originally Posted by Supermom8 View Post
    At this point I am merely collecting out of lifelong habit. I cannot fathom Lois being attracted to Biker boy Supes or betraying his secret.The thought of another LL competitor turns my stomach...and yet I still hope for better things for Lois. Call me crazy,but I keep hanging on.
    Well, you're not. Agreeing or disagreeing about this storyline and what means for Lois, we all here wants the best for the character.

I mean, I rather prefer reasoning about it with manofsteel1979 and Loose Threads who think of positive things for Lois out of it than with some other people who don't even like Lois to begin with and try to subdue this as character development just because they have a certain (wrong) perception of the character.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Incredible Member

I'm glad to read Jon 11's thoughts on this. It definitely isn't what Lois would do pre Flashpoint, but nu52 Lois hasn't been Lois either. I just hope there is a good explination for this, in the story and that at the very least, leads to a better relationship for our favorite characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
    I mean, I rather prefer reasoning about it with manofsteel1979 and Loose Threads who think of positive things for Lois out of it than with some other people who don't even like Lois to begin with and try to subdue this as character development just because they have a certain (wrong) perception of the character.
    Yeah, I do see where the dissenting voices of opinion come from with Lois, there's frustration in there because they just perceive Lois as defined by "fluff" with Clark and that's not what she's all about. They want assertiveness and dimension to New 52/DC YOU Lois (see? not even the branding has an identity anymore for these characters), just as much as we do, it's just they seem to think this is her first real grasp of it. It's up to us and history to remind them otherwise.

This was hilarious. Go Lois XD:

Superman, a man who has moved mountains but can’t spot a suspiciously large glowing red button.

"My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Quote Originally Posted by brucekent12 View Post
    I'm glad to read Jon 11's thoughts on this. It definitely isn't what Lois would do pre Flashpoint, but nu52 Lois hasn't been Lois either. I just hope there is a good explination for this, in the story and that at the very least, leads to a better relationship for our favorite characters.
    I don't exactly again with the bold part, but again, you wanting a better Lois moving forward is where our opinions match, and what matters at the end.

Yeah, I do see where the dissenting voices of opinion come from with Lois, there's frustration in there because they just perceive Lois as defined by "fluff" with Clark and that's not what she's all about. They want assertiveness and dimension to New 52/DC YOU Lois (see? not even the branding has an identity anymore for these characters), just as much as we do, it's just they seem to think this is her first real grasp of it. It's up to us and history to remind them otherwise.
    Definitely. When I read the "it's what a reporter would do!" argument I just know from whom this come from.

To further explain my opinion about it, this is where Lois stands for me:

She chooses sides, YES. She knows what and what not to publish. She's NO ONE'S PAWN.

Thanks to Gail Simone for such an amazing panel.

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    Hehe, somebody had to point out the obvious. Good thing Lois knows no boundaries.
    Last edited by Jon11; 05-20-2015 at 02:32 PM.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

His face... =(

"My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

His face... =(

The last one is my favorite. He's all worried while she's like, "just another wednesday in my awesome life." Hehe

Amazing parallel, by the way.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Hahaha. Great reference!

Morgan Edge is a plot hanging around in the New 52. So who knows, maybe "Truth" will be his end just like biker Clark was in "Smallville".

Well, you're not. Agreeing or disagreeing about this storyline and what means for Lois, we all here wants the best for the character.

Or some fans of the power couple who use this as reasoning to "prove" that Lois is "unworthy" of Clark's love...or hope that this development leads to a permanent wedge in between Lois and Superman for obvious reasons.

BANNED

His face... =(

ROFL, it's almost like a running gag rather than the fall-out of a serious situation. It's right up there with how many times Clark barges into Lex's mansion/Luthorcorp office

ROFL, it's almost like a running gag rather than the fall-out of a serious situation. It's right up there with how many times Clark barges into Lex's mansion/Luthorcorp office
    Ugh, most annoying thing ever. Every single episode in season 6 the same thing, Clark accuses Lex of something and they ended up discussing about Lana (mostly Clark whining). It's like the producers didn't think it was possible for Clark to have a little pride, or tried to see how low he could get (he got it, just to clarify).

By Kareem Ahmed:

Via Artfully Kal.

By whenuwerelittle:

By BloodTalonHero:

Last edited by Jon11; 05-21-2015 at 04:05 AM.

BANNED

I don't exactly again with the bold part, but again, you wanting a better Lois moving forward is where our opinions match, and what matters at the end.

Definitely. When I read the "it's what a reporter would do!" argument I just know from whom this come from.

To further explain my opinion about it, this is where Lois stands for me:

She chooses sides, YES. She knows what and what not to publish. She's NO ONE'S PAWN.

Thanks to Gail Simone for such an amazing panel.
    nicola scott + gail simone = Win

great kiss, and Lois is her own boss

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    nicola scott + gail simone = Win

great kiss, and Lois is her own boss
    What issue is this sequence from?

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    What issue is this sequence from?
    Birds of Prey #101/102.

If you're interested, here's a link with scans: http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/1126641.html (in the commentaries, you can also read Gail Simone's inside on this scene)