13 20.97%
  • Meh

17 27.42%
  • Terrible

12 19.35%
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Still, the writing and acting was really good, and that's what matters in the end.
    The writing is not that good or bad, it's was just generic. it's not good like Spiderman1 or 2 good.

The acting is just alright. noting really stand up or noticeable like William Dafoe.

Also this is not what matters because Spiderman has a rich universe, maybe 5x more than Iron Man, so why keep dragging Iron Man in.
    Last edited by Castle; 05-02-2021 at 05:46 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I always got the feeling that the heroes were holding back in Civil War, with regard to Spider-Man. Heck, they were all holding back really because this was friend vs friend. But they all figured out Spider-Man was super young pretty quickly.

Spider-Man might have been the one hero in Civil War who fought the hardest. And he still got knocked out!
    I don't know why they brought Spiderman in. the character was not necessary, they should have just left things with Black Panther been the only one to make an introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Neither did the original movies.
    Uh...Tobey and Garfield quipped though?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Uh...Tobey and Garfield quipped though?
    Really, Tobey? He barely ever made any quips from what i remembered. He just said stuff like "It's you who's out Gobby, out of your mind!"

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Batman View Post
    Love his performance! I think that Andrew Garfield was the perfect Steve Ditko Spider-Man – skinny, angular, tortured; Toby Maguire is the perfect John Romita Sr. Spidey - handsome, romantic, confident and Tom Holland is the perfect Mark Bagley Spidey - young, energetic, sympathetic.
    Eh, gonna have to disagree on that one. He was too soft spoken and way too plain/dorky looking compared to Romita's Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Really, Tobey? He barely ever made any quips from what i remembered. He just said stuff like "It's you who's out Gobby, out of your mind!"
    I think he quipped a little more often than that, though I can't recall much either. I think it was mostly in Spider-Man 3. He didn't have the most charismatic delivery though, so that probably plays a part on why it doesn't stand out.

Josh Keaton's Spidey is still the Smart Ass King.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Eh, gonna have to disagree on that one. He was too soft spoken and way too plain/dorky looking compared to Romita's Peter.

I think he quipped a little more often than that, though I can't recall much either. I think it was mostly in Spider-Man 3. He didn't have the most charismatic delivery though, so that probably plays a part on why it doesn't stand out.

Josh Keaton's Spidey is still the Smart Ass King.
    I don't really mind dorky Peter Parker. Although Tobey could be pretty cringe at times. He did have some quips, but I think they were mostly towards Sandman. I remember more from doc Ock than Spidey in SM2

I don't really mind dorky Peter Parker. Although Tobey could be pretty cringe at times. He did have some quips, but I think they were mostly towards Sandman. I remember more from doc Ock than Spidey in SM2
    I think I remember him quipping against Ock in their first fight in SM2.

Ultimate Member

I think I remember him quipping against Ock in their first fight in SM2.
    Oh ok. It's been a while since I watched it.

Maguire not quipping much was one of the most common complaints about his version, he still has some funny lines here and there but they could have made a better job. Honestly, humor is probably the hardest part to write about Spider-Man, the angst and motivation are easy, but the smart ass sarcasm? not so much, i'm suprised of how well Spec Spidey presented that part of him, sadly most of the movies prefer to make emphasis in his dorky side for humor, wich is not necesseraly bad (Peter can be a genuine dork) but i always like Spider-Man with a bit of bite.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Ultimate Member

I might be stating the obvious but I think Spider-Man being more sarcastic and quippy helps to make him being Peter Parker seem unlikely to those unaware of the truth

In the MCU he weirdly seems to be less quippy than a lot of characters

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Maguire not quipping much was one of the most common complaints about his version, he still has some funny lines here and there but they could have made a better job. Honestly, humor is probably the hardest part to write about Spider-Man, the angst and motivation are easy, but the smart ass sarcasm? not so much, i'm suprised of how well Spec Spidey presented that part of him, sadly most of the movies prefer to make emphasis in his dorky side for humor, wich is not necesseraly bad (Peter can be a genuine dork) but i always like Spider-Man with a bit of bite.
    MCU Peter tends to be the butt of jokes more than he actually gets to make them, which is sad.

I mean, the Insomniac game literally gave you an ability to quip.
    I might be stating the obvious but I think Spider-Man being more sarcastic and quippy helps to make him being Peter Parker seem unlikely to those unaware of the truth

In the MCU he weirdly seems to be less quippy than a lot of characters
    Spider-Man is supposed to be a different persona than Peter. It's when he lets loose.

Ultimate Member

I think he tends to be the butt of the jokes because he's younger and more naive, and because it contrasts with the style of humor of other MCU heroes

I think he tends to be the butt of the jokes because he's younger and more naive, and because it contrasts with the style of humor of other MCU heroes
    I definitely think it's an age think and emphasizing the "youth" even if I don't think it's inherent to a teenage Spider-Man and isn't balanced out as well with him actually cracking jokes.

Ultimate Member

I definitely think it's an age think and emphasizing the "youth" even if I don't think it's inherent to a teenage Spider-Man and isn't balanced out as well with him actually cracking jokes.
    Hopefully that'll change in NWH

Hopefully that'll change in NWH
    I was waiting for it by FFH...