View Poll Results: Who do you want to see Peter date next?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mary Jane

75 51.02%
  • Cindy Moon

11 7.48%
  • Black Cat

16 10.88%
  • Carol Danver

14 9.52%
  • Jessica Drew

6 4.08%
  • Betty Brant

3 2.04%
  • Other (Specify)

22 14.97%
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Marvel Team-Up was how long ago? Surely Jennifer has come to accept the She-Hulk since then, since the dichotomy between the two "sides" of her isn't like Bruce and his Hulk form. If she has accepted the She-Hulk, why must she give up that side of her just for the sake of dating?

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    Marvel Team-Up was how long ago? Surely Jennifer has come to accept the She-Hulk since then, since the dichotomy between the two "sides" of her isn't like Bruce and his Hulk form. If she has accepted the She-Hulk, why must she give up that side of her just for the sake of dating?
    I'm fairly certain that she outright prefers it, to boot. When was the last time we saw her as plain old Jennifer Walters? I find it unlikely She-Hulk would WANT to give that up, even temporarily. Plus, she's publically known as She-Hulk to boot. So there goes Peter's secret identity.

But anyway, I'm a Peter/MJ fan for life. Mainly because this series of essays pretty much lays it all out in a way that makes sense to me.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

A tad bit off-topic, but I'd love to see Peter just hang out with other superheroes more often. Not even in a romantic setting, but as friends chilling or having some fun. In his main title, he's too busy facing down threats and in the Avengers they're way too busy dealing with everything ending.

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    A tad bit off-topic, but I'd love to see Peter just hang out with other superheroes more often. Not even in a romantic setting, but as friends chilling or having some fun. In his main title, he's too busy facing down threats and in the Avengers they're way too busy dealing with everything ending.
    I'm pretty sure he did that a lot in Avenging Spider-Man. In fact, I'd say superheroes need to hang around each other less and interact more with normal people.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm pretty sure he did that a lot in Avenging Spider-Man. In fact, I'd say superheroes need to hang around each other less and interact more with normal people.
    Well I mean Spidey's gotta have some friends in the superhero community. I don't recall the comic, but it had Wolverine hanging out with Carol playing cards. Stuff like that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    I'm fairly certain that she outright prefers it, to boot. When was the last time we saw her as plain old Jennifer Walters? I find it unlikely She-Hulk would WANT to give that up, even temporarily. Plus, she's publically known as She-Hulk to boot. So there goes Peter's secret identity.

But anyway, I'm a Peter/MJ fan for life. Mainly because this series of essays pretty much lays it all out in a way that makes sense to me.
    Then why does Jennifer need to retain her She-Hulk form that's powered by Gamma Radiation in order to showcase a side of her that she could just express in her human form? As I remember, the longer one stays in Hulk form, the more likely the side effects. The only reason why Jennifer prefers being the She-Hulk is because she is the She-Hulk and not plain Jennifer who should be able to showcase her unsurpassed persona in her human form. Why does she needs to rely on her Hulk form for that unless it's not really Jennifer in charge; but rather the She-Hulk herself?

It might have been better if we saw Jennifer in her human form doing the normal everyday things and become the She-Hulk when it comes to crime fighting and Bounty Hunting adventures. Everyone seems to like Jennifer better as the She-Hulk. But it's Jennifer's human side who should be the dominate factor between the two; not the She-Hulk.

John Byrne did a very good job in making the She-Hulk the most dominate factor of Jennifer's persona of which no one is interested in doing anything regarding her human form except to use it as just her disguise as we saw in Charles Soule's She-Hulk run.

It's like say that Peter Parker is Spider-Man's disguise under Slott's ASM run. Or even due to the fact that Felicia Hardy is just a disguise of the Black Cat as well.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 03-24-2015 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Then why does Jennifer need to retain her She-Hulk form that's powered by Gamma Radiation in order to showcase a side of her that she could just express in her human form? As I remember, the longer one stays in Hulk form, the more likely the side effects. The only reason why Jennifer prefers being the She-Hulk is because she is the She-Hulk and not plain Jennifer who should be able to showcase her unsurpassed persona in her human form. Why does she needs to rely on her Hulk form for that unless it not really Jennifer in charge but rather the She-Hulk herself?

I might have been better if we saw Jennifer in human form doing the normal everyday things and become the She-Hulk when it comes to crime fighting and Bounty Hunting. Everyone seems to like Jennifer better as the She-Hulk. But it's Jennifer's human side who should be the dominate factor between the two; not the She-Hulk.

John Byrne did a very good job in making the She-Hulk the most dominate factor of Jennifer's persona of which no one is interested in doing anything regarding her human form...
    Well I'm sorry, but 'Jen prefers life as She-Hulk to being regular Jen Walters' has been established for years now. You'll have to take it up with Marvel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Well considering superheroes nowadays are normal people with special gifts makes them more than qualified.

Normal people who aren't action oriented nowadays are just wallpaper background designs to make the setting more vibrant and sometimes rooted towards the real world which Marvel is famous for.

BANNED

Then why does Jennifer need to retain her She-Hulk form that's powered by Gamma Radiation in order to showcase a side of her that she could just express in her human form? As I remember, the longer one stays in Hulk form, the more likely the side effects. The only reason why Jennifer prefers being the She-Hulk is because she is the She-Hulk and not plain Jennifer who should be able to showcase her unsurpassed persona in her human form. Why does she needs to rely on her Hulk form for that unless it's not really Jennifer in charge; but rather the She-Hulk herself?

It might have been better if we saw Jennifer in her human form doing the normal everyday things and become the She-Hulk when it comes to crime fighting and Bounty Hunting adventures. Everyone seems to like Jennifer better as the She-Hulk. But it's Jennifer's human side who should be the dominate factor between the two; not the She-Hulk.

John Byrne did a very good job in making the She-Hulk the most dominate factor of Jennifer's persona of which no one is interested in doing anything regarding her human form except to use it as just her disguise as we saw in Charles Soule's She-Hulk run.

It's like say that Peter Parker is Spider-Man's disguise under Slott's ASM run. Or even due to the fact that Felicia Hardy is just a disguise of the Black Cat as well.
    Do you even care that Jennifer has her own superhero identity? Or do you just want her to give that up so she can go out with Peter? Because it seems like you do, given how you always have to tack on "(human)" when mentioning Jennifer, as if it would be an insult to have her rely on her power. The idea that she could actually value who she is as She-Hulk is apparently disgusting, and to you, a relationship where she's actually allowed to be comfortable with being a superheroism distracts from how she can be reduced to playing second fiddle to Peter. It's not like she's giving up her humanity or something to be the She-Hulk, but then again, you keep citing the book specifically called "Savage She-Hulk" to make it sound like that's still the case to this very day. Why must you insist that Jennifer stop being a superhero just so she can have a relationship with Peter? I know you're going to say "I'm not looking for a relationship, just a partnership", but you always admit you want that partnership to show how you could build up to a relationship anyway, so let's not beat around the bush here. Jennifer and She-Hulk are two sides of the same coin, not some literal split personality. After all, you insist that Greer must give up being Tigra as well, and I doubt think there's a similar dichotomy going on between Greer and Tigra. Just because their super-powered forms give them an appearance that could be interpreted as less than 100% human doesn't mean they need to quit being superheroes altogether, and before you correct me on that, no, you are saying that. While I commend lawyers and police officers for being able to do their jobs, "superpowers" in their most basic form as shown from She-Hulk and Tigra are what you are asking Jennifer and Greer to give up just so they can be included in Peter's world. Identities such as "She-Hulk" and "Tigra" are treated like obstacles between having a dynamic with Peter.

Seriously, this is the same thing that happens with the whole "MJ can't be a supermodel!" complaint. Why do Peter's love interests, whether they be official or just hypothetical, have to be desired only if they give up their own careers and aspirations just to be acceptable within Peter's range? Why do Peter's romantic prospects have to be within some threshold that women must dare not cross?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    Well I'm sorry, but 'Jen prefers life as She-Hulk to being regular Jen Walters' has been established for years now. You'll have to take it up with Marvel.
    In my opinion, some of the best She-Hulk stories that I've read has Jennifer's human side as the lead character. There are writers who tend to focused on one side over the other. Most use the She-Hulk side because most do not want a female Bruce Banner. In my opinion, the human side to Jennifer Walters is a potential goldmine when used in the proper context. Around the time she was depowered, we saw Jennifer's original habits and interests emerged from that of the She-Hulk. The only reason why Jennifer prefers being the She-Hulk is the because that side interests the some of the writers assigned to write her in their books, like Charles Soule or John Byrne for example.

In the She-Hulk and Lyra mini series, we actually saw Jennifer's human side take canter stage in a normal everyday setting and would use the She-Hulk when it came to the more important serious threats. Jennifer wasn't the She-Hulk 24/7 as in other books. In the end how Jennifer's two sides are used depends on the writer and editor assigned to the book. In my opinion, Jennifer is interesting in Peter Parker's social circle in her human form because there's a huge dynamic between them that's yet to be explored in a normal everyday setting besides crime fighting.

Jennifer She-Hulk side in Peter's social circles takes the spotlight away from him and puts the attention unto her. In contrast, her human side doesn't take anything away from Peter at all. And as a comparison, Hercules never noticed the She-Hulk's human side when he first saw her. Aside from a few heroes, everyone wants the She-Hulk and not plain Jennifer Walters. But that doesn't mean that we can not have the human side doing her own thing as well.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 03-24-2015 at 11:57 AM.

BANNED

Personally, I think that she should be a new character. A woman who is over weight, has greasy hair, wears polyester and has acne and self esteem issues.

Because if we are going to be insist that he would never marry MJ because nerds/losers don't go out with models. Then we should also remember that neither do their go out with or marry goddesses/babes/hot women (which constitutes 90% of the heroines in the MU). So if we are going by the OMD dictum that Peter is an ordinary schlub. Let's give him a woman who is really his equal!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Personally, I think that she should be a new character. A woman who is over weight, has greasy hair, wears polyester and has acne and self esteem issues.

Because if we are going to be insist that he would never marry MJ because nerds/losers don't go out with models. Then we should also remember that neither do their go out with or marry goddesses/babes/hot women (which constitutes 90% of the heroines in the MU). So if we are going by the OMD dictum that Peter is an ordinary schlub. Let's give him a woman who is really his equal!
    Marvel has already done that with Carlie Cooper. It didn't sell the idea very well to the readers. What might have worked was either Betty Brant, Greer Nelson, or the normal Jennifer Walters because all 3 of them have normal everyday jobs and are his professional and intellectual equal because of their shared history together that could be flushed out. Also, all of them are tired to careers that works with Law Enforcement, which could have worked nicely with Spider-Man.

I think that reality is never an ideal match up. It's the interaction of the characters that makes the stories interesting. But we have to remember that there is only one writer doing Spider-Man: Dan Slott. We do not see Spider-Man/Peter Parker on any of the Avengers teams taking on a major contribution to the team not since the Bendis era ended over 3 years ago. And we do not have a secondary Spider-Man series for such relationship development to be explored by another writer.

It would be cool if we see Peter Parker(in a non Spider-Man role) in the pages of Spider-Woman where they occasionally hangout at one of her favorite hotspots in a cameo spot.

What might have also worked for Peter is being in a relationship with a single mother like Liz Allan or Julia Carpenter. But I always envisioned Liz Allan as a Medical Doctor who help others rather than an evil corporate executive.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 03-24-2015 at 01:58 PM.

Marvel has already done that with Carlie Cooper.
    It felt like they couldn't decide how attractive Carlie was supposed to be. Even the art seemed to vary on that.

What might have also worked for Peter is being in a relationship with a single mother like Liz Allan or Julia Carpenter. But I always envisioned Liz Allan as a Medical Doctor who help others rather than an evil corporate executive.
    Dating a single mother would violate the "don't age Peter" mandate the company has.

Of course, it apparently doesn't age the character if he doesn't know he's dating a single mother.

Have they retconned Deb being a divorcee yet?

Marvel has already done that with Carlie Cooper. It didn't sell the idea very well to the readers. What might have worked was either Betty Brant, Greer Nelson, or the normal Jennifer Walters because all 3 of them have normal everyday jobs and are his professional and intellectual equal because of their shared history together that could be flushed out. Also, all of them are tired to careers that works with Law Enforcement, which could have worked nicely with Spider-Man.

I think that reality is never an ideal match up. It's the interaction of the characters that makes the stories interesting. But we have to remember that there is only one writer doing Spider-Man: Dan Slott. We do not see Spider-Man/Peter Parker on any of the Avengers teams taking on a major contribution to the team not since the Bendis era ended over 3 years ago. And we do not have a secondary Spider-Man series for such relationship development to be explored by another writer.

It would be cool if we see Peter Parker(in a non Spider-Man role) in the pages of Spider-Woman where they occasionally hangout at one of her favorite hotspots in a cameo spot.

Carly looked nothing like what Mia suggested. She may not have been a knock out like MJ or Felicia but she was still considerably attractive.

Honestly the whole thread is subjective i could say i want him dating spider-gwen or silk or black cat or anyone but mj. It doesnt mean anything because it wont work every single relationship is doomed to fail because for one simple reason a number of fans are very vocal about getting Peter and Mary Jane back together which raises a simple question Why
    OMD was something marvel did and years after the fact they still havent reversed it so please can someone tell me why would they. This is what is known as a catch 22 because you have peter&mj shippers and you have none peter&mj shippers and then you have people like me who really dont give a ****.
    Truth is the best policy