Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I only watch the Marvel shows on Netflix. DAREDEVIL is top notch, and I liked LUKE CAGE and DEFENDERS. I'll watch WATCHMEN on HBO, but I also watch most of what HBO puts out anyway.

Outside of that, there isn't much quality out there in terms of "superhero show".
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 11-10-2018 at 10:03 PM.

There's all kinds of shows. If you don't like them, you don't have to watch any superhero shoes except the ones you like. The only superhero show I'm still watching is Daredevil after I slowly dropped all the CW programs. I'll probably watch the MCU shows on the new Disney streaming service when they come out and still plan on watching Titans. But other than that, I've dropped most superhero television

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

I'm leaning like more in 5 years there will not be many superhero shows....or most of them will be on streaming services with niche audience appeal. I'm kinda doubtful of the longevity of such services either. But like others on here, I've really drastically reduced my superhero tv watching in the last few years, something that would have been nigh unthinkable back in oh 2010 or so. Had Gotham come out like 15 years ago I probably would have ate it up, but as it stands I've seen like two eps and honestly that was too much for me.
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

BANNED

I was under the impression that tv is full of reality trash shows.

TV is filled with every kind of show out there. If you want to watch some good tv that isn't superhero related there is a ton of stuff out there that you probably never watched. From comedies like Psych, It's Always Sunny, and South Park to Sci-fi stuff like Battlestar Galatica, Star Trek(s) many forms, X-Files to literally everything out there. There is too much content out there, yeah superheroes are on the rise but that's only because there was so little of it years ago.

You would get an animated series here and a weird live-action adaptation there but never anything groundbreaking with a few exceptions here and there up until the 2000s. (Batman 66, BTAS, Live action Hulk) Now geek culture is more than widely accepted and big companies know there is massive money in it plus technology has caught up to be able to do these characters justice. It's really the perfect storm right now for superheroes and other lesser known properties in the genre to shine and become more widely known. Besides the more content means more competition which means better products for everyone.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I do agree that we're in danger of burning out on superhero films/TV, and my enthusiasm has waned significantly, but there is irony in people complaining (mostly non-geeks) about a medium once dominated by ad nauseam cop and doctors shows. The Marvel Netflix shows are by far the best. The DC shows (which I only watch when they drop on Netflix) are seriously trying my patience in the latest seasons (I'm only watch Flash and Supergirl). I refuse to watch Arrow on principle--it should have been a live-action Batman show from the start. Batman is not best served as a movie character--he's a serial character to his very core. Deal with it, WB.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm more pissed over the amount of streaming services we're getting. I only have the money to sub to about 3 services.
    I feel you, I really wish Disney would throw all their stuff on Hulu and call it a day.
    While I can sympathize, you folks are complaining about HAVING CHOICES. If those choices weren't available, would you complain about that, too?
    (Then again, I remember back in the day when we still got TV channels for FREE without any cable/satellite/streaming hookups and charges, back in the days of rabbit ear antennas . . . and network TV stations that would regularly sign off in the evening, even out of places like New York City.)

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    It depends on what TV service(s) you currently get / what services you're willing to pay for.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Right. If someone likes a show that isn't available at the present time, they should jump all over realty programming or some other genre that has far more available programs than superhero shows. Otherwise, it would be similar to complaining about doctor shows during the '60s instead of the million westerns that were ubiquitous back then.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    While I can sympathize, you folks are complaining about HAVING CHOICES. If those choices weren't available, would you complain about that, too?
    (Then again, I remember back in the day when we still got TV channels for FREE without any cable/satellite/streaming hookups and charges, back in the days of rabbit ear antennas . . . and network TV stations that would regularly sign off in the evening, even out of places like New York City.)

It depends on what TV service(s) you currently get / what services you're willing to pay for.

Ι admit that i do not know how tv operates in America. In Greece, sadly, over 70% of the program in many local channels is full with reality shows such as Survivor, Nomads and soap operas and gossip talk shows. Science Fiction and especially super hero genre series have very limited presence.

While I can sympathize, you folks are complaining about HAVING CHOICES.
    Too funny!

While we're at it, there are too many cellphones, dammit.

BANNED

I'm surprised that Iron_Leopard hasn't been exposed as the multi of a banned user like Trey Strain yet. All he does is troll (And none too subtly either). I mean look at this gem: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Supergirl-fans

Quote Originally Posted by Tec15 View Post
    I'm surprised that Iron_Leopard hasn't been exposed as the multi of a banned user like Trey Strain yet. All he does is troll (And none too subtly either). I mean look at this gem: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Supergirl-fans
    When was the last time Trey was banned? Seems like he got the permanent boot.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

We watch primarily OTA TV. And we get quite a few channels - ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, CW, PBS, PBS Create, PBS Kids, AntennaTV, Me-TV, Cozi, MyTV, Grit, Movies!, Quest and Bounce. All for free.
    We watch mostly Me-TV, Cozi and AntennaTV. With some PBS Create on the side.

And we supplement that with Netflix, Hulu and Philo and a few of the free Roku channels. For instance, NBC, I believe, has the original Knight Rider... and I think Tubi has the Emma Peel Avengers.

We're considering dropping either Hulu or Netflix to cut costs, though.

Philo recently got the Hallmark channels, which includes one of my favorites: the 'Movies & Mysteries' channel. So, it's safe. Unfortunately, though, they start their Christmas movies right before Halloween, so it's going to be a long time until the mystery shows return.
    Netflix is safe right now as I'm watching the Haunting of Hill House and about to start on Sabrina. And still gotta finish Stranger Things.
    Hulu has been the least impressive of the three for me, but my roommate watches Flash and the Fox Animation shows on it.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    We watch primarily OTA TV. And we get quite a few channels - ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, CW, PBS, PBS Create, PBS Kids, AntennaTV, Me-TV, Cozi, MyTV, Grit, Movies!, Quest and Bounce. All for free.
    When you say "all for free", does that mean they're part of the package you get with your monthly ($'s) cable/satellite bill, or do you mean TOTALLY FREE and you're not paying ANYTHING to ANY COMPANY to receive them?

Earlier, when I said
    . . . Then again, I remember back in the day when we still got TV channels for FREE without any cable/satellite/streaming hookups and charges, back in the days of rabbit ear antennas . . . and network TV stations that would regularly sign off in the evening, even out of places like New York City...
    I meant that the only thing necessary was the electricity to run the TV. Now, we have cable, but we essentially need it to get any decent reception on the TV for even the basic channels where we live.

I don't understand why Netflix is exalted as some god-level television.

When Agents of Shield has proved again and again it's better than all the Netflix shows. It doesn't have excessive and boring exposition, it just gets right down to the story, and when it does give you character exposition, it's done extremely well.