Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Clan Destine are officially my least favorite Ms. Marvel villains.

If they wanted to focus on Damage Control, throw in Lockdown and Discord (Josh was basically turned into a cameo).
    It was probably too soon for Lockdown, as "Basic Becky" is too similar to Zoe who is still pre-heel-face-turn here. In the comics, Lockdown only debuted after Zoe's heel realisation, after she stopped bullying Kamala and joined her friend circle.

Wait, last we saw, Zoe was in Damage Control's custody - what if we're in for a surprise and they merged her with Becky? The MCU does like to subvert expectations and this show has deviated from the comics in several ways already.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-11-2022 at 09:47 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Considering how Josh is practically a non character I could see them merging his arc with Zoe. Roll their redemptions together and maybe get a temporary nemesis out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    Considering how Josh is practically a non character I could see them merging his arc with Zoe. Roll their redemptions together and maybe get a temporary nemesis out of it.
    I wonder if Zoe is out already.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If they wanted to focus on Damage Control, throw in Lockdown and Discord (Josh was basically turned into a cameo).
    They actually had cast a proper actor to play Josh on this show. He shot scenes and at one point had the whole cast following him, but then some drama happened behind the scenes, the actor was accused of some bad stuff and they ended up firing him. Everything happened before the cast was officially announced, so they saved face because a lot of people didn't even know about it. What I heard from people who got intel on the show is that they ended up taking some of Josh's lines and giving it to some other characters in the first two episodes after reshoots, so that's why it feels like ''Josh'' (who isn't really Josh, since no character is credited with his name) ended up being a cameo. I guess they felt like it wasn't a big deal to do that since it wasn't a big character, and they could always recast in the future if they think about doing Discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    The sad thing is the Clan Destine aren't even villains. They took some really fun quirky Marvel heroes and bastardized them for a terrible streaming series. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Clan_Destine_(Earth-616)

Folks this is what the Clan Destine really looks like Attachment 122681

That picture I posted is way more interesting than anything this series has done or Ms Marvel's comic has done.

To see his work done dirty in service to such a mediocre project.
    MCU Clan has no costumes im comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    They actually had cast a proper actor to play Josh on this show. He shot scenes and at one point had the whole cast following him, but then some drama happened behind the scenes, the actor was accused of some bad stuff and they ended up firing him. Everything happened before the cast was officially announced, so they saved face because a lot of people didn't even know about it. What I heard from people who got intel on the show is that they ended up taking some of Josh's lines and giving it to some other characters in the first two episodes after reshoots, so that's why it feels like ''Josh'' (who isn't really Josh, since no character is credited with his name) ended up being a cameo. I guess they felt like it wasn't a big deal to do that since it wasn't a big character, and they could always recast in the future if they think about doing Discord.
    Oh wow, that's interesting.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

The sad thing is the Clan Destine aren't even villains. They took some really fun quirky Marvel heroes and bastardized them for a terrible streaming series. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Clan_Destine_(Earth-616)

That picture I posted is way more interesting than anything this series has done or Ms Marvel's comic has done.

I'm still convinced that blue hand is a genie's hand and not a Free hand. They had two gauntlets, so they probably looked like this:

It's surprising that they got such an unfaithful adaption. I thought Davis owned the characters and had to ok their usage. At least in the comics.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    It's surprising that they got such an unfaithful adaption. I thought Davis owned the characters and had to ok their usage. At least in the comics.
    I don't think there is such a thing as creator-owned when it comes to Marvel. Unless it's something that was licensed to them, they own everything.

Besides, all they did was reuse their team name. This ClanDestine isn't based on the comics one at all.

Ms. Marvel Could Never Fully Adapt Kamala Khan's Inhuman Origin- Here's Why
    https://www.cbr.com/ms-marvel-kamala...n-disney-plus/

Ms. Marvel Proves the MCU's Six-Episode Format Is Too Short
    https://www.cbr.com/ms-marvel-proves...t-disney-plus/

Ms. Marvel Season Finale Trailer Promises to 'Change Everything'
    https://www.cbr.com/ms-marvel-season...verything-mcu/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Besides, all they did was reuse their team name. This ClanDestine isn't based on the comics one at all.
    Why even do that? Why not just make up a new name?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

It was probably a mix of them not being able to create new characters, for whatever reason, and using characters that people wouldn't mind changing to maintain everything comic based. Anyway, they didn't do this well unless they plan to bring in more ClanDestine and make them similar to the comics.

They seem to be unwilling to make OC stuff in the MCU and would rather stick an existing comic name on it. iirc NICE was an MCU only organization in Ms Marvel and we saw set photos of it but that got changed to damage control in the end. Not sure why they are doing it, couldn't possibly be the play to the characters fanbase when it changes everything.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I know I'm not seeing people in here pretending they were big fans of the god damn Clan Destine in the comics

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I know I'm not seeing people in here pretending they were big fans of the god damn Clan Destine in the comics
    I wouldn't claim to be a Clan Destine fan but A. I wouldn't mind reading their comics and B. what the show delivered with them didn't seem all that more interesting.