Page 3 of 109 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

The moderators could make a fixed topic for all those who do not like krakoa, Hickman and want the extinction plots to return.

As for me, long live krakoa and the X-men. Plot extinction never again.

Krakoa party.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    Putting excessive misery on the mutants is pretty much what hurt the viability of Xavier's Dream in the first place, and thus led to Krakoa. The mutants need at least some victories, some opportunities to feel good. I'd like to see some more vindication of Xavier's dream.
    They best way is letting the mutant to destroy themselves that way they can not blame the humanity and cant live without them because without the human heroes the mutant villians win the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    They best way is letting the mutant to destroy themselves that way they can not blame the humanity and cant live without them because without the human heroes the mutant villians win the X-men.
    Of course as the X-Men had never saved the ass of the Avengers and the human species in the past.

Time to choose:

house-of-x-1-of-6-party-var.jpg

or

MG X-mens.jpg

For me the choice is very easy, I imagine that most mutants must think the same.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Your statement barely makes sense, but if you want those type of stories, you have these last 6 ish years to read trough, extraordinary is just a jooooooooy to reread

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    so what do you want from that fall? what kind of interesting, thought inducing, filled with expansive worldbuilding that pretty much benefits every satelite book will replace krakoa to the same level of sucess?
    An x-tower? more mansions with difrent designs and ways to be destroyed? an x-force with deadpool?
    or maybe a human ally becoming some sort of powerfull figure off panel? or wait wait another riviting story: A new hellfire inner circle and the phoenix returns once more.
    please tell the class im dying to hear
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    no no no dont be sad! this totaly new return to the classic x-men will be alove letter to the great claremont, with riviting story lines such as :
    a new type of sentinel that acts and is basicaly the same as every other sentinel before.
    ignoring the new mutants.
    new spoooooooooooky future selves.
    genocide!!
    X-force with CABLE
    a new sub group of anti mutants wih GUNS!! coming this summer all new all difrent x-men!!! the re-up

Mighty Member

Do we mean

Krakoa the country?

Krakoa: the creature?

Or Krakoa: The shadow council?

Cause i can see 2 and 3 happening, but #1, not so much

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

no no no dont be sad! this totaly new return to the classic x-men will be alove letter to the great claremont, with riviting story lines such as :
    a new type of sentinel that acts and is basicaly the same as every other sentinel before.
    ignoring the new mutants.
    new spoooooooooooky future selves.
    genocide!!
    X-force with CABLE
    a new sub group of anti mutants wih GUNS!! coming this summer all new all difrent x-men!!! the re-up
    Is there room for both a man-made cure for the X-Gene as well as a virulent contagion that only affects mutants? Tell me true!

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Do we mean

Krakoa the country?

Krakoa: the creature?

Or Krakoa: The shadow council?

Cause i can see 2 and 3 happening, but #1, not so much
    This is an interesting point. I think the nation of Krakoa can continue to thrive all while many of the concepts and ideas that built it come crashing down. The Quiet Council can be an absolute failure and destroy itself, but a new, different, and equally flawed government can take over. There are an infinite number of stories that can come from this new geopolitical status quo and that's the thrill of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    Is there room for both a man-made cure for the X-Gene as well as a virulent contagion that only affects mutants? Tell me true!
    well my dear friend, there sureeeee isss.
    also tune in to find wich of our beloved female characthers gets possesed in a terrible story (itsrachelandorlorna)

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    This is an interesting point. I think the nation of Krakoa can continue to thrive all while many of the concepts and ideas that built it come crashing down. The Quiet Council can be an absolute failure and destroy itself, but a new, different, and equally flawed government can take over. There are an infinite number of stories that can come from this new geopolitical status quo and that's the thrill of it.
    Yeah the great thing about all this worldbuildig is that a lot of great stories can be made out of it. And it was kinda stressed that the Council was to be temporary, so I'm thrilled to see the Krakoan Elections in the future.

Can't wait to see Apocalypse elected

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah the great thing about all this worldbuildig is that a lot of great stories can be made out of it. And it was kinda stressed that the Council was to be temporary, so I'm thrilled to see the Krakoan Elections in the future.

Can't wait to see Apocalypse elected
    annalee from the morlocks wins by a majority

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Placing Bets!!!

Two months?
    Three years?
    The second HiX-Man walks out the X-Office...as the door swings shut behind him?

COME ON!!! You Lily******red misers! Ante up and Drop those dollars...put your money where your mouths are!!! (we'll also accept trade in black market Krak...and Krakoan Teas...I know a guy)

Double or nothing if you can predict exactly How Krakoa falls!!!!
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-21-2020 at 10:50 AM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Extraordinary Member

I demand blood and smoke!

The end will come and it will be glorious!

so what do you want from that fall? what kind of interesting, thought inducing, filled with expansive worldbuilding that pretty much benefits every satelite book will replace krakoa to the same level of sucess?
    An x-tower? more mansions with difrent designs and ways to be destroyed? an x-force with deadpool?
    or maybe a human ally becoming some sort of powerfull figure off panel? or wait wait another riviting story: A new hellfire inner circle and the phoenix returns once more.
    please tell the class im dying to hear
    LMAOOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    This. Even with what’s happening with Moira and Destiny, the outcome can still dramatically change things but that doesn’t mean the entire set-up for the nation should be destroyed. Arakko, Quiet Council, the precog ban, etc etc can all have interesting narratives without it resulting in crashing and burning. It’s a much more interesting story to see how mutants are able to bounce back and still remain on top rather than see them locked in a cycle of constant grimdark storytelling.