Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Stop vilifying Kate’s team. They were not kidnapping Franklin, it was a request. Like the story established, none of the Marauders were being aggressive nor were they even initially there to help recruit Franklin, they were on Yancy Street because Kate was asked to meet with them. Also again, rather than be diplomatic for allies who didn’t do anything to her up to that point, Sue pulls a bubble around her house. Magneto hasn’t showed up. It was only Storm, Wolverine (who were both members of the F4 in the past), Bishop, Pyro, and Iceman (members of the Marauders who weren’t brought to threaten the F4 but we’re already traveling with Kate).
    They did an excellent job alone, Franklin is a minor and his parent were pretty clear about their position, Kitty taking Franklin against their parent wishes just because the BOY is curious is actually kidnapping, as a responsible adult her duty was sent the boy back to his parents.

The FF have no obligation to be "diplomatic" wh a group of fanatic supremacist came into their home trying to recruit their UNDERAGE son to their cult and menace his family. Yes some of them had worked with the fantastic four who makes their betrayal even more painful and infuriating, but they are in no light "allies", they came into their home as a racist group trying to take her son away of his family because his genetics. And that supremacist discourse made for Magneto not only let clear what their position was, but is utterly ridiculous. F4 are also powerful even when still human and also create the multiverse that all the living creatures inhabit nowadays, basically is calling lesser being at those who saved his live.
    If they wanted a nice conversation they could have sent Kitty or Storm alone and talk, but the moment they try to make a force demonstration by sending somany people and many of them dangerous and aggressive and plainly racist against humans, they just show that they are not presenting themselves as "allies" but as a menace

Actually If I were Susan and some crazy supremacist comes to my home trying to brainwash my boy into promises they can't full fill, just to get him away, using him as a weapon and probably let him die once they are done with him (even if they can resurrect him letter), insults my family because their genetics are different, and makes menaces about taking my son without my authorization. I would be already making my husband work in some weapon able to make the M-pox look like spring rain, If something their response was very tame.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    So saving the Universe gives you a pass from being a Creep and ******* to your family and Friends and robbing your own son of his own decision making? WOW some Hero Reed is.

Yeah, he's still a Creep. Send those Bounced Checks back to him please for me. Thanks.
    That's just your opinion. In the comics context, he is still highly regarded by just about the entire hero community. And yes, parents sometimes have to put the brakes on things. Franklin is still a minor...he would have to go through emancipation and the age at which you can initiate the process is usually 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I really want to see a conversation between Ben Grimm and Magneto where Ben tells Mags that his superiority shtick is reminiscent of Nazi propaganda and disturbing to Ben as a Jewish person.

Can you imagine the conniption Magneto would have being compared to Nazis??
    Magneto did terrorize some people in South America with storm troopers

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-20-2020 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    I guess I didn't remember it right, I was vaguely remembering there being some **** that made it look like Reed could have averted this a long time ago but didn't focus on it.
    No, that was not how it started. The first incursion occured in Wakanda and T'Challa was able to capture Black Swan. She was the one that the Illuminati got a lot of information from about the meaning of the incursions.

This mini is a mess.

That being said it's kind of weird how some fans like when the X-Men are the bitches of the Marvel Universe and just take it without saying a word. I, to be honest, prefer this side of the X-Men not taking **** from the Karens of the MU and demanding the respect they deserve.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That's just your opinion. In the comics context, he is still highly regarded by just about the entire hero community. And yes, parents sometimes have to put the brakes on things. Franklin is still a minor...he would have to go through emancipation and the age at which you can initiate the process is usually 16.
    The same can be said for the X-Men even Charles Xavier. The Entire Hero Community still acknowledges them as people who've saved the Earth many times. Your right Franklin is a Minor. But, It's Franklin's right to go to Krakoa there is no age limit. His Father took that choice from him without asking his child what HE thinks about going to Krakoa.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    This mini is a mess.

That being said it's kind of weird how some fans like when the X-Men are the bitches of the Marvel Universe and just take it without saying a word. I, to be honest, prefer this side of the X-Men not taking **** from the Karens of the MU and demanding the respect they deserve.
    I never understood that.

The X-Men by Far has had THE MOST shittiest things done to them and yet they still choose to save people. They get talked about, attacked, exterminated, murdered, spied on etc etc. But when they decided to FINALLY get a back bone all of a sudden the X-Men are Villains??

I don't understand that.

The same can be said for the X-Men even Charles Xavier. The Entire Hero Community still acknowledges them as people who've saved the Earth many times. Your right Franklin is a Minor. But, It's Franklin's right to go to Krakoa there is no age limit. His Father took that choice from him without asking his child what HE thinks about going to Krakoa.
    The earth, not the entire MULTIVERSE who includes the earth and the solar system, and the via lactea and the universe and several other universes. And actually YES, even if a minor has technically right to fly to another country that doesn't matter he can or should do it without their parents consent. Sometimes part of being parent is prevent your hormonal teen aged soon to get involved into supremacist, racist, cult, leadered by know killers, supremacists, terrorist and mad scientifics who can brainwash him. Being a responsible parent can be an ungrateful job.

By the way the X-men are not the bad guys because they made their safe land, I have supported that idea since the first M-asteroid, they are the bad guys because they become as racist, supremacist and aggressive as the people they used to fought. I totally support that they built their safe haven, ant that they took measures to protect that heaven, but when they start calling themselves the superior race, looking other over the shoulder and want to kidnap children from the arms of their parents and broke families only based that those who certain genes are their property by "genetic right" that I can not approve.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Certainly, they need to have that talk and all the adults need to stand down at this point. At least the kids ended up with Kitty but then you have Doom in the mix too. He does have an interesting touch with children lately. He would probably do, and has done, just about anything with Val, like facing down the Mad Celestials to buy time for Nathaniel Richards plan to work to defeat them. He was very paternal even with RiRi Williams, giving her some advice about the path her education should take. Nadia Pym is a big fan girl. But then there is that army he is building ....
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-20-2020 at 07:31 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    The earth, not the entire MULTIVERSE who includes the earth and the solar system, and the via lactea and the universe and several other universes. And actually YES, even if a minor has technically right to fly to another country that doesn't matter he can or should do it without their parents consent. Sometimes part of being parent is prevent your hormonal teen aged soon to get involved into supremacist, racist, cult, leadered by know killers, supremacists, terrorist and mad scientifics who can brainwash him. Being a responsible parent can be an ungrateful job.
    I distinctly remember the X-Men saving the Nexus of all realities with the M'Kraan Krystal. Why does that even matter who saved The Earth, The Universe, The Multiverse more than the other??? That's irrelevant. Yes we understand Franklin is a Minor, but what few people fail to understand that it's still HIS choice. And the fact that Reed did what he did to his own kid just shows that he has no respect for his children let alone trust his own child. And it's also a parents job to let their children make their own decisions for themselves and stop catering to them, pampering them and doing things for them to the point they can't think for themselves. That's the point here the boy is actually starting to think for himself and his parents simply can't fathom the thought that their child may not need them anymore. That's normal hence the phrase "They grow up so fast".

By the way the X-men are not the bad guys because they made their safe land, I have supported that idea since the first M-asteroid,
    Well that's good. :-)

they are the bad guys because they become as racist, supremacist and aggressive as the people they used to fought.
    IF you are referring to the X-Men here as of now? I will say:
    I disagree with you.
    Among the X-Men who are racist and support Supremecist? NOT including the X-Men Villains.
    And how long do you expect the X-Men to lie down like dogs and be treated with disrespect? I don't see the X-Men building Giant Death Machines or creating Death Clouds or creating a virus or creating a group of Mutants to murder only humans etc etc.

I totally support that they built their safe haven, ant that they took measures to protect that heaven, but when they start calling themselves the superior race, looking other over the shoulder and want to kidnap children from the arms of their parents and broke families only based that those who certain genes are their property by "genetic right" that I can not approve
    Nobody has called themselvels the "superior race" but Magneto, Exodus, Apocalypse, Magneto's Acolytes and Mr. Sinister. And Magneto is the only person who has verbally said it out loud thus far. And The X-Men has kidnapped nobody, but help children who are hunted down and yanked away from as you put it "broke families". We may not see it we may not get an explanation, but to me there's a reason why Humans are not allowed on Krakoa. I approve everything they are doing.

I'm happy the X-Men are finally getting Back Bones and telling the Human Race enough is enough. Because if this never happened..the X-Men will forever be hunted down by Sentinels the Hero Community will never accept the X-Men FULLY despite how many times the X-Men have helped saved the Earth Universe ETC.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I really want to see a conversation between Ben Grimm and Magneto where Ben tells Mags that his superiority shtick is reminiscent of Nazi propaganda and disturbing to Ben as a Jewish person.

Can you imagine the conniption Magneto would have being compared to Nazis??
    This already happened back in the 80´s once with Captain America but Magneto is aware not a lot of people know he´s actually a holocaust survivor so he just shrugs it off or changes the subject as he doesn´t really is going to talk about his personal feelings with his enemies but in more modern times Captain America is more aware of this so he justs shut´s up about talking about it when Magneto is around.

But well this mini went from bad to worse at present I am just enjoying Scott blasting the FF and just want to see what´s Doom´s plan at the moment, I am not going to get off here until I have my Dr Doom vs Magneto confrontation, it´s tradition

About the multiverse being saved, the X-men also did it once with the M Kraan crystal in the Age of Apocalypse crossover, so FF and X-men are the same on that front imo.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-20-2020 at 06:07 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I never understood that.

The X-Men by Far has had THE MOST shittiest things done to them and yet they still choose to save people. They get talked about, attacked, exterminated, murdered, spied on etc etc. But when they decided to FINALLY get a back bone all of a sudden the X-Men are Villains??

I don't understand that.
    S A M E

The X-Men has suffered so much **** for far too long, why should they let the FF invade them like that AND attack them as well without any consequences?
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Certainly, they need to have that talk and all the adults need to stand down at this point. At least the kids ended up with Kitty but then you have Doom in the mix too. He does have an interesting touch with children lately. He would probably do, and has done, just about anything with Val, like facing down the Mad Celestials to buy time for Nathaniel Richards plan to work to defeat them. He was very paternal even with RiRi Williams, giving her some advice about the path her education should take. Nadia Pym is a big fan girl. But then there is that army is building ....
    I do not deny that BOTH sides handled this situation incorrectly....they Did. As every user here has pointed out that Pro.X and Magneto should not have gone to confront Sue and Reed. And Sue and Reed(as level headed as I know them to be) should have asked their Son "What do you want to do?". It already looks bad that Kitty has them because as you saw the FF believe the X-Men kidnapped the Children. And the Fact that Doom secretly created his own Doom Sentinels just proves why the X-Men are doing what they do now. I don't read IronHeart or Nadia Pym so i'll take your word for it.
    But The one thing i've learned about Doom over the years of reading Comics is that he's VERY good at hiding his intentions and he's a smooth ass talker.

I distinctly remember the X-Men saving the Nexus of all realities with the M'Kraan Krystal. Why does that even matter who saved The Earth, The Universe, The Multiverse more than the other??? That's irrelevant.
    It's relevant when you are calling inferior living beings to a family with those capacities. If someone has called the x-men scum after they just saved their planet I also would have called him ridiculous, as I'm calling Magneto.

Yes we understand Franklin is a Minor, but what few people fail to understand that it's still HIS choice. And the fact that Reed did what he did to his own kid just shows that he has no respect for his children let alone trust his own child. And it's also a parents job to let their children make their own decisions for themselves and stop catering to them, pampering them and doing things for them to the point they can't think for themselves. That's the point here the boy is actually starting to think for himself and his parents simply can't fathom the thought that their child may not need them anymore. That's normal hence the phrase "They grow up so fast".
    NO, it's NOT HIS CHOICE, is still his parent choice until he groups up, he is just 13 a mere boy, a hormonal, impulsive and not that smart boy, he is taking a decision only based in his desire of getting his powers back and don't seeing the consequences of his actions, and in that context in Reed ungrateful and criticized job to make him stop and rethink his actions before committing a mistake. He is like literally a boy wanting to enter a CULT guided by know racist, terrorist and killers just because they promised him help and he is in his ebeld phase. YOU CAN'T LET A 13 years old do whatever he wants just assuming that is "his right", because they are still young and don't have enough information to take a conscious decision and they tend to act on impulse more than on sense. Nobody is taking away Franklin right to think if something he has been allowed to travel across the galaxy and face wonders no other human has been. They are just giving him time to think instead to allow him run blindly into false promises. If something Franklin is happy, protected and is growing at a sane rate, there is no need to rush things just to please the child murders, let's just remember that Magneto and Xavier also had sons who now hates them because they were shitty parents who turn boys in CHILD SOLDIERS.

Franklin DON'T EVEN WANT TO VISIT KRAKATOA FOR SOME GENETIC SENTIMENT, he is not a "proud mutant" because he never has faced discrimination or insolation about his status, he wanted to go Krakoa to fix his powers something that the mutants offered enve when they don't know if they really can do and they don't need kidnap him to do it. They are lying about being able to fix him just to get him and be able to manipulate him.

Well that's good. :-)
    IF you are referring to the X-Men here as of now? I will say:
    I disagree with you.
    Among the X-Men who are racist and support Supremecist? NOT including the X-Men Villains.
    Nobody has called themselvels the "superior race" but Magneto, Exodus, Apocalypse, Magneto's Acolytes and Mr. Sinister. And Magneto is the only person who has verbally said it out loud thus far. And The X-Men has kidnapped nobody, but help children who are hunted down and yanked away from as you put it "broke families". We may not see it we may not get an explanation, but to me there's a reason why Humans are not allowed on Krakoa. I approve everything they are doing.
    The moment when they hang on with those mutants supremacist, and laugh at their racist jokes, and go along with their racist discourses, then they are being racist themselves.
    You have given a long list about mutants who are called themselves "superior race" and the alarming stuff is that all them are into the COUNCIL so THAT'S EXACTLY THE EDUCATION WHO ARE GIVEN TO THE NEW GENERATIONS, they are creating a racist society who put themselves as the superior race and see the humanity as inferior, something totally opposite at what the X-men were supposed to be. So yes, there is a reason why humans are not allowed in Krakoa, RACISM.

Even Xavier is becoming one, putting the lives of mutants above the humans since he grants full perdon from killers ignoring anything humans has to say, since for him they are no worth of attention. And considered himself entitled to take control of any mutant child without care of the opinion of his human family, and he is supposed to be an example to follow.

And how long do you expect the X-Men to lie down like dogs and be treated with disrespect? I don't see the X-Men building Giant Death Machines or creating Death Clouds or creating a virus or creating a group of Mutants to murder only humans etc etc.
    I'm happy the X-Men are finally getting Back Bones and telling the Human Race enough is enough. Because if this never happened..the X-Men will forever be hunted down by Sentinels the Hero Community will never accept the X-Men FULLY despite how many times the X-Men have helped saved the Earth Universe ETC.
    Give them time, they already has armored ships, defense systems and a strike team to make "preventive attacks". Yes, they have faced dangers before and every time I have supported them, and I was one of those who qualified the M-pox as basically making the planet into a giant gas chamber, but I can't support them right now.

I' don't pretend them to "lie down like dogs" but I don't consider neither becoming racist piece of S#% as something to cheer, they are just proving that humans had actually right to be afraid of the because once they felt safe and confident they become so racist, supremacist and dismissive as those humans who hunted them, proving that at the end they were basically the same. Yes, they were shitty humans who hated them but also were nice ones who help and protect them and they discriminate all them. Many X-men has been part of other heroic teams and how they get their powers was never discussed, damn some of them were even worshiped, so NO they weren't ALWAYS discriminated.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I dont think a badly written mini where almost all characters are written OC should be hold agaist the characters otherwise I would think the FF4 are incapable of admitting they did something wrong or they were wrong in thinking in certain way and the X-men are an alien civilization that doesn´t know the first thing about talking to other people and neither of this is true to who these characters are imo.

I like the X-men more than the FF but I would like to believe the FF4 would not go right into accusing people they have known for years of kidnnaping their children and the X-men are not into telling humans: we are better than you especially since family of mutants is welcome to live or visit krakoa any time in the main series. Changing you approach to a problem and being proactive instead of passive in the face of discrimination and worldwide persecution is not the same to becoming "what you hate most" as far as I know the X-men are not building massive superweapons to dispatch human beings so they can take over the earth, they could but they are not doing that as it´s probably they would not have taken this steps if they have not come from a decade of decimation stories where them and the mutants were almost completely killed or destroyed.

About their alliance with their villains: so far what they have managed from this alliance has been making their main adversaries accountable of killing humans if they want to be part of krakoa and while one of them has already betrayed one of their own, this is still a mutant vs mutant conflict, so kudos to the X-men for managing in a peaceful way to keep their more dangerous group of mutants from harming normal human beings who don´t have anything to do with their conflict with the Xeno and other anti-mutant organizations.

Magneto himself has been living among humans longer than some X-men have been alive and was headmaster of the X-men school for years, that included dealing with teachers, parents of the new mutants and human authorities on a daily basis and even at his worst, when he was running Genosha, his was a country that had a mixed human and mutant population before it was destroyed by sentinels, with humans being part of the goverment along with magneto and the acolytes so this guy of this mini I don´t recognize at all.

All characters are badly written sometimes, I don´t know why this mini is like this as this writer did very well with another FF4 series, maybe he just doesn´t have a handle of the X-men and the FF4 are his favourite group, who knows or this is editorially mandated,the thing is that this are not the characters from the main series of either team, that´s a given.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-20-2020 at 07:39 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022