Page 35 of 120 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Thread: Empyre (2020)

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    So... Do you guys think this event is canceled or do think they'll continue once this all goes away/keep it as digital-only?
    I definitely don’t think it’ll be cancelled. It’s way too far into production to just be thrown away. They’re not gonna do that to their big yearly event. Being delayed or going digital first (and not necessarily only; they can publish physical trades for the event and tie-ins later on) are the most likely options.

It’s the worst time to launch a new event,
    What about three events as iron man 2099 and outlawed are going on also!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I definitely don’t think it’ll be cancelled. It’s way too far into production to just be thrown away. They’re not gonna do that to their big yearly event. Being delayed or going digital first (and not necessarily only; they can publish physical trades for the event and tie-ins later on) are the most likely options.
    Yes, nothing will be cancelled. Either it will be digital first and trades later or everything will just come out together at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    I'm actually wondering if going digital first would be good for Outlawed since teen books tend to sell better digitally from what I've heard, although digital is still a small piece of the pie compared to print and some titles seem like they're aimed at an older fan base who remember the New Warriors and Power Pack.

Kamala's solo book certainly does, and that's how Moon Girl and Squirrel Girl lasted so long. But I'm not so sure about Champions - else why would Zub's run have been cancelled?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Iron Man 2020. And of course, X of Swords will be affected too, was meant to start in July, no chance of that now unless they go digital first. DC are affected too, with their Death Metal and Generations events about to start.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-24-2020 at 09:23 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Anyone else read the Kree Skrull War tie in?

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    Anyone else read the Kree Skrull War tie in?
    I'm waiting until next week when the #0 issues drop 'cause #Hulk #750 highjacked my budget this month

I'm waiting until next week when the #0 issues drop 'cause #Hulk #750 highjacked my budget this month
    Its It's good. You're in for a treat!

Yeah this Road to Empyre One shot was really good, perfect to start Empyre with all the informations necessary to understand the story.

Amazing Member

The use of characters from meet the skrulls makes me hesitant to read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Matrik View Post
    The use of characters from meet the skrulls makes me hesitant to read this.
    Why? That was a good book.
    #EmmaWasRight

That'll be a long wait, unless...

From Reddit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohato
    Word on the street is Marvel is looking to side step their contract with Diamond while diamond is unable to fulfill their obligations (in contract terms). They're contacting LCSs that are still open and offering to direct ship next week's books (and presumably further out)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/...2_can_do_this/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Wars View Post
    Yeah this Road to Empyre One shot was really good, perfect to start Empyre with all the informations necessary to understand the story.
    Yeah I really enjoyed it. I really appreciated the juxtaposed styles implemented for the present, and for the historical recounting.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    Its It's good. You're in for a treat!
    I hate this recent tendency of Marvel to ignore the Infinity Abyss retcon. In the recent Empyre Kree/Skrull war issue they ignored that the Thanos who tried to kill Mantis and her son in Celestial Quest wasn't the real one but one of the Thanosi clones. They also forgot to mention that the Thanosi eventually helped the Avengers save the universe fron the Rot entity. They keep forgetting Thanos became a neutral character and Adam Warlock's buddy after Infinity Gauntlet.

Really liked the dynamic of the Skrull family and the mother deciding to make peace with a Kree family instead of shooting them. The point of the Kree Skrull war was that they are not so different, that they both believed in their own manifest destiny and have a stick up their blue and green butts. Can't wait to see what pushed Teddy to become a galactic warlord. Anything related ti Mar-Vell gets my attention.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Mighty Member

Im confused Marvel and Bleeding cool has this weeks books on site empyre Avengers and Fantastic four zero.But i thought no comics are coming out this Wednesday.This is all to Confusing