Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

These concept looks don't look that bad to me honestly. I could live with something along these lines. As long as they stay away from the blue/yellow combo. I have never understood why artists want to put him back in those colors when brown/tan or black/tan just look so much better.

I think Wolverine’s costume should be the easiest to convert to the Marvel superheroic para-military “style”. While I think we can expect to see the rest of the team suit up similarly, I’d actually like to see something very, very different for the mutants of Xavier’s school. There was a time I wanted accessible clothing like hoodies, T-shirts, and ripped jeans on mutant heroes, but The Gifted has soured me on bargain budget costuming. I want stylish heroes.

Oh and I fancasted.

279E056C-2EAF-4015-AE60-870AC58CD6C5.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    These concept looks don't look that bad to me honestly. I could live with something along these lines. As long as they stay away from the blue/yellow combo. I have never understood why artists want to put him back in those colors when brown/tan or black/tan just look so much better.

Yea I like that first one I can see that working. I like the no sleeves with the gloves

Merger expected to close next week.

https://www-hollywoodreporter-com.cd...t-week-1194013

Astonishing Member

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/03...-men-character

So this article, and a couple of other articles, have some interesting speculation about where the Captain Marvel sequel could go. The gist of it is that since Mystique and Rogue were originally introduced as Carol Danvers villains in the old Ms. Marvel series, her movie could be the best place to introduce the MCU versions of these characters - and also get a more 'comic-accurate' Rogue, powers-wise, by adapting the story where Rogue steals Carol's powers.

It does make me wonder if this could indeed be the right strategy for slowly introducing X-men characters to the MCU, by seeding them into other films where it makes sense.

So maybe Rogue and Mystique (and other Brotherhood members, possible?) could show up in a Captain Marvel film. The Black Widow film could feature an extended cameo by Wolverine, The Black Panther sequel could introduce Storm.

These characters wouldn't necessarily be introduced as 'mutants' specifically. They would have abilities and be referred to as enhanced individuals, and play their roles in the respective films. All along there might be easter eggs and background references about a 'mutant epidemic' and growing sub-communities of super-powered individuals.

And all of these will ultimately seed into an X-men film where these characters and the subplots teased all come together - much like the Avengers once did.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/03...-men-character

So this article, and a couple of other articles, have some interesting speculation about where the Captain Marvel sequel could go. The gist of it is that since Mystique and Rogue were originally introduced as Carol Danvers villains in the old Ms. Marvel series, her movie could be the best place to introduce the MCU versions of these characters - and also get a more 'comic-accurate' Rogue, powers-wise, by adapting the story where Rogue steals Carol's powers.

It does make me wonder if this could indeed be the right strategy for slowly introducing X-men characters to the MCU, by seeding them into other films where it makes sense.

So maybe Rogue and Mystique (and other Brotherhood members, possible?) could show up in a Captain Marvel film. The Black Widow film could feature an extended cameo by Wolverine, The Black Panther sequel could introduce Storm.

These characters wouldn't necessarily be introduced as 'mutants' specifically. They would have abilities and be referred to as enhanced individuals, and play their roles in the respective films. All along there might be easter eggs and background references about a 'mutant epidemic' and growing sub-communities of super-powered individuals.

And all of these will ultimately seed into an X-men film where these characters and the subplots teased all come together - much like the Avengers once did.
    This wouldn't be a popular idea, but I'd be down for an X-movie where all the other X-Men are introduced in other movies (like above) but then the X-movie is where we get the real debut of Cyclops and Xavier, with the story of the X-Men being told through them.

Partly because Cyclops is so entrenched in the X-lore that he doesn't operate all that well outside of it, unlike the other X-Men.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    This wouldn't be a popular idea, but I'd be down for an X-movie where all the other X-Men are introduced in other movies (like above) but then the X-movie is where we get the real debut of Cyclops and Xavier, with the story of the X-Men being told through them.

Partly because Cyclops is so entrenched in the X-lore that he doesn't operate all that well outside of it, unlike the other X-Men.
    Yes...this is pretty much exactly what I had in mind!

Now that I think about it, the story pretty much writes itself.

So the Captain Marvel sequel, if its set on earth, could have Mystique as one of the major antagonists. Or at least, a leader of a hostile group known as the Brotherhood. Rogue is one of its members, who absorbs Carol's powers and personality and nearly kills her. Recovering from that attack is a major part of Carol's arc in the film, or it could be her arc through the film if the attack happens near the start. Whatever happens in the film, Mystique gets away while Rogue probably runs off on her own.

The Black Widow film is most likely a prequel set in the 2000's anyway. During one of Natasha's early missions, either with SHIELD or with the FSB, we see her encounter Logan, a Canadian Intelligence operative with healing abilities and super-sharp senses. The adamantium claws may or may not appear in the film proper...though maybe a post-credit scene could show us Logan popping them.

The Black Panther film could simply include T'Challa hearing rumors about a weather witch who saved villages from famine. Ororo could team up with him and other Wakandans for part of the film, and T'Challa is clearly smitten by her...which would annoy Nakia! A post-credits scene could show Ororo being approached by someone in a wheelchair...

Then we get the X-men film. The film would actually begin with an incident that reveals the hitherto hidden existence of mutants to the world, beyond a doubt. We learn that Charles Xavier and the X-men have secretely been helping a secret government division called Department X hide the existence of mutants and contain mutant terrorists. But the Brotherhood, led by Mystique, has now exposed mutants to the world. Xavier deploys the X-men to deal with the problem - who include Cyclops, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Storm, Angel, Iceman and Colossus. The team encounters Rogue, who's left the Brotherhood after her encounter with Carol and struggling with her powers and her identity, and who eventually sides with the X-men. And Mystique is actually being manipulated by the real villain of the movie...who isn't Magneto, but someone else.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I think Wolverine’s costume should be the easiest to convert to the Marvel superheroic para-military “style”. While I think we can expect to see the rest of the team suit up similarly, I’d actually like to see something very, very different for the mutants of Xavier’s school. There was a time I wanted accessible clothing like hoodies, T-shirts, and ripped jeans on mutant heroes, but The Gifted has soured me on bargain budget costuming. I want stylish heroes.

Oh and I fancasted.

279E056C-2EAF-4015-AE60-870AC58CD6C5.jpg
    That’s a lot of fancasting...and I don’t know most of them, lol I need to see more movies...

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Yes...this is pretty much exactly what I had in mind!

Now that I think about it, the story pretty much writes itself.

So the Captain Marvel sequel, if its set on earth, could have Mystique as one of the major antagonists. Or at least, a leader of a hostile group known as the Brotherhood. Rogue is one of its members, who absorbs Carol's powers and personality and nearly kills her. Recovering from that attack is a major part of Carol's arc in the film, or it could be her arc through the film if the attack happens near the start. Whatever happens in the film, Mystique gets away while Rogue probably runs off on her own.

The Black Widow film is most likely a prequel set in the 2000's anyway. During one of Natasha's early missions, either with SHIELD or with the FSB, we see her encounter Logan, a Canadian Intelligence operative with healing abilities and super-sharp senses. The adamantium claws may or may not appear in the film proper...though maybe a post-credit scene could show us Logan popping them.

The Black Panther film could simply include T'Challa hearing rumors about a weather witch who saved villages from famine. Ororo could team up with him and other Wakandans for part of the film, and T'Challa is clearly smitten by her...which would annoy Nakia! A post-credits scene could show Ororo being approached by someone in a wheelchair...

Then we get the X-men film. The film would actually begin with an incident that reveals the hitherto hidden existence of mutants to the world, beyond a doubt. We learn that Charles Xavier and the X-men have secretely been helping a secret government division called Department X hide the existence of mutants and contain mutant terrorists. But the Brotherhood, led by Mystique, has now exposed mutants to the world. Xavier deploys the X-men to deal with the problem - who include Cyclops, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Storm, Angel, Iceman and Colossus. The team encounters Rogue, who's left the Brotherhood after her encounter with Carol and struggling with her powers and her identity, and who eventually sides with the X-men. And Mystique is actually being manipulated by the real villain of the movie...who isn't Magneto, but someone else.
    I wouldnt mind Wolverine and Bucky both making cameos in Black Widow.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I wouldnt mind Wolverine and Bucky both making cameos in Black Widow.
    I know this isn't probably the story but I really want the Black Widow film to reveal Natasha is older than we think and that she has been taking the infinity serum for decades and after the collapse of the Soviet Union came to the United States with some but has ran out over the years and is now beginning to age normally. Just would love to have some of the Cold War aspect of her in the MCU and meeting Logan during that time could had been a possibility hell do a Wolverine film with Omega Red.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I know this isn't probably the story but I really want the Black Widow film to reveal Natasha is older than we think and that she has been taking the infinity serum for decades and after the collapse of the Soviet Union came to the United States with some but has ran out over the years and is now beginning to age normally. Just would love to have some of the Cold War aspect of her in the MCU and meeting Logan during that time could had been a possibility hell do a Wolverine film with Omega Red.
    Yea doubt they do it but that could be cool. Honestly I like the idea of Wolverine just making small appearance all over the MCU before joining the xmen in Xmen 2. Also when we get the eventual Wolverine solo film I hope Evan's will come back to play a small role In Flashbacks to World War 2. I love what they did in xmen Evolution where Magneto had respect for Wolverine and Cap because the two teamed up and liberated a concentration camp where Magento was being held as a child. That also serves to help further explain why Magento doesnt snap his finger and RIP Wolverine to shreds first time he gets in his way. Though the usual reason that Magneto avoids killing mutants at all costs explains it fine but this would be a more personal reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea doubt they do it but that could be cool. Honestly I like the idea of Wolverine just making small appearance all over the MCU before joining the xmen in Xmen 2. Also when we get the eventual Wolverine solo film I hope Evan's will come back to play a small role In Flashbacks to World War 2. I love what they did in xmen Evolution where Magneto had respect for Wolverine and Cap because the two teamed up and liberated a concentration camp where Magento was being held as a child. That also serves to help further explain why Magento doesnt snap his finger and RIP Wolverine to shreds first time he gets in his way. Though the usual reason that Magneto avoids killing mutants at all costs explains it fine but this would be a more personal reason.
    In some early drafts of First Avengers when I guess they thought they could work something out with Fox there were cameos by Wolverine and Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    That’s a lot of fancasting...and I don’t know most of them, lol I need to see more movies...
    They're mostly from Netflix or prestige television.

Michaela Coel from Black Earth Rising as Storm
    Max Mauff from Sense8 as Nightcrawler
    Stefan Kapičić from Deadpool 2 as Colossus
    Scott Caan from Hawaii 5-0 as Wolverine
    Jonathan Groff from Mindhunter as Cyclops
    Dakota Johnson from Suspiria as Phoenix
    Édgar Ramírez from The Assassination of Gianni Versace as Beast
    Natalie Dormer from Game of Thrones as White Queen
    Chloë Grace Moretz from Kick-Ass as Rogue
    Jacob Artist from Quantico as Gambit
    Ben Platt from Pitch Perfect as Iceman
    Jiang Yi Yi from China as Jubilee
    Steve Buscemi from everything as Toad
    Brad William Henke from Orange is the New Black as Blob
    Danielle Brooks from Orange is the New Black as Frenzy
    Wang Deshun from China as Krakoa

In some early drafts of First Avengers when I guess they thought they could work something out with Fox there were cameos by Wolverine and Magneto.
    That would have been cool

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Source?

10 chars