Page 764 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 264664714754760761762763764765766767768774814864 ... LastLast
Results 11,446 to 11,460 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    All true and good but...

1rst Black Super hero ever
    Black King
    Highest grossing solo character
    Carrying Chadwick's legacy/name forward through time

Or Hawkman
    I get it, although timing-wise of when he was casted I doubt it would have been a factor in him accepting Hawkman one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I have a prediction: End credits of BP2 will show that after everything is done, they will show the hand of an unseen figure picking up the cowl of a new habit.

Next movie will be BP3: Return of the King.
    Fingers crossed.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Incredible Member

Black Panther made over a billion WW and 700 million domestically . The only complaint about this film was that wonky cgi fight.
    Last edited by Dariel81; 09-24-2021 at 12:19 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Attachment 114065

It was Aldis Hodges birthday recently. And man he just seriously gives off T’Challa vibes the more I look at him.
    He definitely has the physique. I saw him in the invisible Man movie and thought he should be playing a superhero. 3 weeks later it was announced that he was casted as Hawkman.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Black Panther made over a billion WW and 700 million domestically . The only complaint about this film was that wonky cgi fight.
    You are correct. Also with the vibranium suits many fell that being hit did not really matter for Black Panther and Killmonger. That was a bit of a complaint too but that falls into the wonky CGI theme.

Extraordinary Member

I have a prediction: End credits of BP2 will show that after everything is done, they will show the hand of an unseen figure picking up the cowl of a new habit.

Please �� be right.

Fingers crossed.
    I'm with you.

Extraordinary Member

Attachment 114065

It was Aldis Hodges birthday recently. And man he just seriously gives off T’Challa vibes the more I look at him.
    He was my original pick to play T'Challa.

That's THE ONLY way to fix the franchise. O honestly think Feige may try that, especially if the sequel under performs (to post pandemic standard's) of not and they try to double down on the supporting cast or Shuri, then the franchise is will very likely be well and truly dead, especially if T'Challa is killed off in an nonambiguous manner

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    It was the F4. In issue #53 after they beat Klaw T'Challa believed his mission was done and they suggested he and Wakanda could use their resources to help the world.

I see what you mean. I cannot speak for anyone else, but when I saw that scene, I viewed it simply as them thinking he would be wasting his valuable skills if he retired from the mantle now than outright saying he should reveal that Wakanda is actually at the apogee of the world.
    Last edited by XJlock; 09-24-2021 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    You are correct. Also with the vibranium suits many fell that being hit did not really matter for Black Panther and Killmonger. That was a bit of a complaint too but that falls into the wonky CGI theme.
    Honestly, it was the only way they could give Erik a leg up so he was on a ~ Equal footing to T'Challa, as it was clear he was outmatched on that mine fight

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    MCU t'challa was like the main character in the great gatsby. A vehicle to see the view points of other characters. The absolute antithesis of Priest's panther
    Exactly! T'Challa was a cypher for Wakanda. To me that was the flaw in the film. The film does an incredible job in world building Wakanda. So much so that many of the film's decisions were brought over to comic's Black Panther. But T'Challa characterization suffered. I guess I wanted a T'Challa closer to the comic version. The film version is "It's hard for a good man to be King." To me it take more than just a good man to be T'Challa. As some points in the film, i remember asking, "Why isn't T'Challa talking or having more dialog." One example is after Killmonger basically punks T'Challa in the "Is this your King?" waterfall fight. During the rematch, after Killmonger threatens he is going to bury all of T'Challa's loyalist next to Zuri, T'Challa gets the kill shot; What does T'Challa say? Nothing. Killmonger says, "Hell of a move." Then Eric then goes on and talks about his father's stories about Wakanda. T'Challa still has no dialog. In my head, I was saying, "Say something." T'Challa was written as this stoic, quiet, contemplative man who is not a top 10 Marvel Universe genius. A lot of fans love his portrayal in the film, but not me. I still say that Cap. American Civil War T'Challa is closer to the Comics version the Black Panther version. But the World Building of Wakanda was extraordinary and left the films fans wanting to see more. The side characters (Shuri, M'Baku, Okoye, Nakia, and W'Kabi) had such strong personalities that the films fans wanted to see more of them. I saw countless posts of so many fans wanting a Shuri Black Panther. I saw an interview of Coogler saying that it took him a while to get the character of T'Challa. The film creators even said that T'Challa and Wakanda was the real enemy of the film due to Wakanda's isolationism. All of that, with the great portrayal of Boseman, led us to today, with just a small number of BP fans (mostly Black men) begging for recasting.

I see T'Challa as the most important Black Hero of all time. He is on the top of the mountain. He should be like Batman, Spidey and Superman. Unfortunately the majority of the fans out there do not feel the same. It's a shame.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    That's THE ONLY way to fix the franchise. O honestly think Feige may try that, especially if the sequel under performs (to post pandemic standard's) of not and they try to double down on the supporting cast or Shuri, then the franchise is will very likely be well and truly dead, especially if T'Challa is killed off in an nonambiguous manner
    Coogler will double down on Shuri being BP. The writing's on the wall. Think about the casting. There is not Zuri and he became a shaman instead of the great warrior in the comics. W'kabi led the rebellion and he was the Border Tribe Champion but he will probably be jailed. He may have a redemption arc. He is such a great actor, so I hope he is used. M'Bku is the gorilla tribe leader. There are no other prominent male roles. The future of the BP franchise is female. Shuri, Nakia, Okoye and Ramonda will take lead the franchise as a ensemble. And they are introducing Riri Williams in the story. Have we heard of any young Black male heroes being introduced in the film? You don't see them introducing teenager Night Thrasher. Even though I would love to see him in the MCU. The only Black male hero with a franchise in the MCU will be Blade and that is if they don't have his daughter take over for him. I don't count Sam Wilson because he can't win any one on one fight with a big villain or other heroes. He took all kinds of Ls in his series or just fought to a draw. And they have not given him any powers. Wait until they bring Captain Carter to the MCU with the SS serum. I write this as I see so few Black creators in the MCU really pushing for Black male heroes. It's like they are mind controlled not to do so.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Chesterfield and MOS after seeing this quote from Angela
    "She had a little bit of a fall, but it's not too bad," she told ET. "You know, anything like that will shake you up, but she's just a little, slight, little petite thing. But she is fine and ready to go."

Angela so against recasting and now forced to watch "little" Wright have to do major action scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Revealing that he built the CW suit was the confirmation that he's a genius and I don't see making the idea of opening Wakanda Nakia's idea as weakening him nor did it completely change him since originally it wasn't even T'Challa's idea to begin with in the comics. The key thing is that T'Challa didn't open Wakanda because of Nakia. She didn't say or do anything that made him realize that she was right. If anything completely changed his character it was killing T'Chaka when he's an adult. T'Chaka's death is what made him the man that he was and before Hudlin's retcons, it forced him into role as king at the age of 12 and his later being used to retcon into being the reason why he opened Wakanda. He doesn't have any of the outside world experiences because of it while Nakia does as a spy.
    A little louder for the people in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    His genius could have been easily handled as a sibling rivalry with Shuri with them trying to one up one another in their creations. Or just have most of the rivalry come from Shuri trying to always trying to out do his creations/designs. The sad part is that only we comic book T'Challa fans know that he is a genius. T'Challa in the film got regulated to being a super soldier/James Bond to happens to be king. And Shuri was his Q.
    I think yall are going a tad too far acting like T'CHalla wasnt a genius. However, the forced James Bond aspect was something specfically from Feige. That was a mandate. And probably a small reason why Ava said no.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 09-25-2021 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    That sounds like something that gets decided at a test screening. And we know Marvel will let a test screening influence the final movie (see W'Kabi's clear motivations deleted scene)

And as good as what he typed sounds there is another issue. If the entire movie is about MOVING ON FROM T'CHALLA. Then T'Challa popping up at the end (or hinted too) undercuts everything the movie people just watched was about.

I hate Feige didnt push this back for another year. Cause without a clear plan this could wind up as bad as one of those new Star Wars films. Their reviews were good for the most part but fans hated a few of those movies.