Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    I'm still not buying the scene with Betty as outright indicative of sex, and to be honest, I'm not even as on board with everyone else on how suggestive the door slamming scene with Mary Jane was. But...

Spectacular Spider-Man #88 really does it. December 13th 1983: The Day Peter Park officially got some. (Cover date March 1984).

Other than that, yes, you're right, Carlie was there.

So it's still four lucky ladies we're looking at.

Pre-OMD
    1984 Mar. SSM #88 - Felicia Hardy, at the latest (heavily suggested 1 year earlier in #76)
    At least after the wedding - Mary Jane Watson

Post-OMD
    2009 Oct. ASM #601 - Michelle Gonzales, drunken one-night stand
    2011 Jul. ASM #660 - Carlie Cooper

Plus, between those, he did it with Felicia again.
    Lol, man, we don't need something to be too explicit to indicate characters have fucked, and while you might say he didn't fuck Betty (Which's questionable as is considering what the scene and the next page indicate), he definitely had sex with MJ in ASM#149:

Or what do you think he's gonna show her? How good he's a playing cards? Or maybe Monopoly?

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Lol Peter is not some Mormon who is waiting until he’s married before he goes to bed with MJ. Besides, she already sees him in states of being half dressed earlier, like when she surprises him at his apartment and he’s still recuperating from some super brawl… and neither one is embarrassed about it. The intention of the door shutting scene during the end of the 70s clone saga seems pretty clear to me.
    Guy dresses in spandex, he mostly has no shame about showing off his body.

Emphasis on mostly:

(ASM#298)

Or what do you think he's gonna show her? How good he's a playing cards? Or maybe Monopoly?
    Well, strip poker is not out of the realm possibility lol.

I like to imagine that the two at some point decided to do a Game Night with no any kind of sex, just the two enjoying eacth others company and then proceed to have sex anyway because they couldn't help thenselves lol.

As for the whole thing with Betty, that's one of the reasons for why i kind of meh on Wolfman's run, he even said that he thinks that Betty is the best love interest for Peter (i'm not judging or getting into shipping wars, but i wonder what was about Dikto's era that make him think that of Betty), when their breakup felt pretty definitive back then (wich to be fair Peter kind of acknoledge in the story), i guest that him and MJ growing apart because of his proposal messed him up more that he let on.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    That's when he was married to MJ though.

Extraordinary Member

LOL There was a scene in the one shot Spider-man(where he's about to reveal his identity and NYC dresses up as him to protect him from doing so) where Peter says he's tired and going to bed and MJ follows him and he's just actually going to sleep.

It's contradicting the fact that door's closed means banging and is treated as an exception.Thus when a normal door is closed in such cases it's almost always banging.Specially in earlier comics and this confirms that.

I may have botched the wording but hopefully my point went through.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Well, strip poker is not out of the realm possibility lol.
    I guess this would be one time where Spider-Sense wouldn't work when he's losing at a game, hell, it might actually warn him when he's about to win .

I like to imagine that the two at some point decided to do a Game Night with no any kind of sex, just the two enjoying eacth others company and then proceed to have sex anyway because they couldn't help thenselves lol.
    I guess if they were playing a board game, MJ preparing to throw dices would remind Peter of, stuff.

As for the whole thing with Betty, that's one of the reasons for why i kind of meh on Wolfman's run, he even said that he thinks that Betty is the best love interest for Peter (i'm not judging or getting into shipping wars, but i wonder what was about Dikto's era that make him think that of Betty), when their breakup felt pretty definitive back then (wich to be fair Peter kind of acknoledge in the story), i guest that him and MJ growing apart because of his proposal messed him up more that he let on.
    That's a bit weird, while he conveniently removed Betty's trait of not wanting to be with someone who lives a dangerous life just so the affair can happen at all, he still made Peter end the affair to make sure Betty stays with Ned lol.

And yeah, can only wonder what he saw in Betty, maybe he's thinking of the earlier issues? Betty wasn't a pain to put up with at first, only after like, ASM#10 she started to become annoying, even then, Wolfman did little with her besides her being kinda obsessed with Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    That's when he was married to MJ though.
    I know, I'm saying he in general doesn't feel shame about those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    LOL There was a scene in the one shot Spider-man(where he's about to reveal his identity and NYC dresses up as him to protect him from doing so)
    Huh, New York being nice to Spidey, that's novel.

where Peter says he's tired and going to bed and MJ follows him and he's just actually going to sleep.

It's contradicting the fact that door's closed means banging and is treated as an exception.Thus when a normal door is closed in such cases it's almost always banging.Specially in earlier comics and this confirms that.

I may have botched the wording but hopefully my point went through.
    The door closing scene with Betty can also give the impression they had sex afterwards, the dialogue saying they didn't was quite blatantly a bait and switch, 'cause otherwise, yeah, most readers would assume they fucked lol.

So yeah, as you said, if a door closing scene happens like that, dialogue afterwards has to indicate nothing happened, otherwise, it'd be weirder to assume nothing happened.

BANNED

As fans we are really a bunch of Leporellos to Peter Parker's Don Giovanni, lol.

Don Giovanni is this opera by Mozart based on this creepy seducer and there's one famous scene called "catalogue" where his assistant Leporello (think LeFou in Disney BOTB) gives this aria unveiling a book listing all the women Don Giovanni's slept with.

And now that's what we are doing as fans, tracing comics continuity and following the reach of Peter's Little Peter.

I think we need to do our own version of a Gaston song centered on Peter.

Gosh, it disturbs me to see you, Parker
    Looking so down in the dumps
    Every fan here'd love to be you, Parker
    Even when taking your lumps
    There's no supe in town who gets as many chicks as you
    You're everyone's favorite guy
    Everyone's awed and inspired by you
    And it's not very hard to see why!

No one quips like Parker
    No one's quick as Parker
    No one's ass is as surprisingly tight as Parker's
    For there's no one in forum half as manly!
    Perfect, a pure paragon!
    You can ask any Reed, Ben or Johnny
    And they'll tell you whose team they prefer to be on!

Heck, in-universe I am sure Johnny Storm has composed a song like this for Spider-Man. That's more or less what the last issue of Spider-Man/Human Torch amounted to.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 11-10-2021 at 06:19 AM.

As fans we are really a bunch of Leporellos to Peter Parker's Don Giovanni, lol.

Don Giovanni is this opera by Mozart based on this creepy seducer and there's one famous scene called "catalogue" where his assistant Leporello (think LeFou in Disney BOTB) gives this aria unveiling a book listing all the women Don Giovanni's slept with.

And now that's what we are doing as fans, tracing comics continuity and following the reach of Peter's Little Peter.
    The number of times Peter crushed puss is serious business.

I think we need to do our own version of a Gaston song centered on Peter.

Gosh, it disturbs me to see you, Parker
    Looking so down in the dumps
    Every fan here'd love to be you, Parker
    Even when taking your lumps
    There's no supe in town who gets as many chicks as you
    You're everyone's favorite guy
    Everyone's awed and inspired by you
    And it's not very hard to see why!

No one quips like Parker
    No one's quick as Parker
    No one's ass is as surprisingly tight as Parker
    For there's no one in forum half as manly!
    Perfect, a pure paragon!
    You can ask any Matt, Flash or Johnny
    And they'll tell you whose team they prefer to be on!

Heck, in-universe I am sure Johnny Storm has composed a song like this for Spider-Man. That's more or less what the last issue of Spider-Man/Human Torch amounted to.
    spoilers:
    So if Peter is Gaston, would Gwen be the Beauty while Norman is the Beast?
    end of spoilers

Great music though, someone should compose that for real LOL.

BANNED

spoilers:
    So if Peter is Gaston, would Gwen be the Beauty while Norman is the Beast?
    end of spoilers
    If the message is that Peter shouldn’t be drawn to superficial people above his class then maybe?

Great music though, someone should compose that for real LOL.
    Some of the lyrics you don’t have to alter like everyone would like to be you even when taking your lumps.

Fantastic Member

Did Peter and Liz ever kiss?

Heck, prior to Wolfman, did Peter and Betty ever kiss?!
    "Face Front... Nuff Said?"

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post

Peter and Liz didn't even get into a relationship, so no. Unless you count Spec Liz.

As for Betty, i could swear that there was a kiss, but i probably should wait for Luk on this, he is the expert on Dikto's run lol.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Lol, man, we don't need something to be too explicit to indicate characters have fucked, and while you might say he didn't fuck Betty (Which's questionable as is considering what the scene and the next page indicate), he definitely had sex with MJ in ASM#149:

Emphasis on mostly:

(ASM#298)
    Peter definitely lose his v card to MJ that time. He never had sex or implied with anyone before that right?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Peter definitely lose his v card to MJ that time. He never had sex or implied with anyone before that right?
    That's the general consensus. If I include that and the Betty one, than it's...

Pre-OMD
    1975 Oct. ASM #149 - Mary Jane
    1979 Feb. ASM #189 - Betty Brandt
    1984 Mar. SSM #88 - Felicia Hardy, at the latest (heavily suggested 1 year earlier in #76)

Post-OMD
    2009 Oct. ASM #601 - Michelle Gonzales (drunken one-night stand)

Thinking of it, I guess this can kinda represent us too:

If the message is that Peter shouldn’t be drawn to superficial people above his class then maybe?
    Depressing if he got the same fate as Gaston though.

Then again, his number of deaths is on the double digits, he'd get better, eventually.

Some of the lyrics you don’t have to alter like everyone would like to be you even when taking your lumps.
    Yeah lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Peter and Liz didn't even get into a relationship, so no. Unless you count Spec Liz.
    I don't think he kissed Spectacular Liz on-screen either.

They actually spent very little time together as a couple on-screen, and generally he had to run off on her, or her being happy with the relationship despite how neglectful the whole thing was... Really don't remember any kiss, but I could be wrong.

Hell if I'm right about this, then it means Peter never kissed any of the love interests, instead they kissed him, as both Gwen and Felicia went for it while he's dumbfounded afterwards.

As for Betty, i could swear that there was a kiss, but i probably should wait for Luk on this, he is the expert on Dikto's run lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post

I actually don't know that much about Ditko's run, I just double check stuff a lot lol.

Anyways, I couldn't find any on-screen kiss, not even a cheek kiss, and considering most of the times Betty and Peter's relationship is shown, we don't see them going on dates, and instead Ditko used Betty for bad drama for the most part (Basically if Betty is showing up after like, ASM#14, the relationship will most likely have bad drama because of her jealous streaks, and Peter never manages to make time for her whenever she decides to give him a chance), it's hard to say it happened off-screen even, 'cause the relationship has few positive point to wonder if it really happened, though it most likely did.

Checking out the relationship with Gwen, she has the earliest kiss I could find when speed reading:

This is from ASM#59, so yeah, kinda late.

It's actually kinda funny how each relationship escalated, first there's no kiss with Betty (Or, again, none I could find), then he gets to kiss Gwen a few times, then with MJ he gets to have sex, too bad the escalation stopped there .

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    In ASM, no, the relationship with Gwen may have lasted for an year or two in-universe, so you'd expect him to have crushed her puss before she died, but there's no real indication it happened.

We have Spider-Man Blue heavily implying they had sex at least once, and we have Sins Past with Peter explicitly saying they didn't, if we take the most recent information as the canon one, or simply the importance of what comic it was said, then it didn't happen, but again, who knows what Marvel is thinking about this, if they even remember.

I'd say the answer is probably "no".

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    That's the general consensus. If I include that and the Betty one, than it's...

Pre-OMD
    1975 Oct. ASM #149 - Mary Jane
    1979 Feb. ASM #189 - Betty Brandt

Post-OMD
    2009 Oct. ASM #601 - Michelle Gonzales (drunken one-night stand)
    Actually, the almost sex scene with Felicia was in Spectacular#75, saying it happened was in #76 was a typo, my bad.

Either way, there's no way a sex scene happened in that issue, the pages I posted were all one after the other, and nothing indicates a mini time skip happened, so Peter lays on the bed, Felicia says she's gonna get into something more comfortable, then Otto Ock blocks them, nothing more happened there.

Also, I pointed out in the Black Cat thread that the confirmation that Peter had sex with Felicia happened Spectacular#88's page 8, and this page in #75 where Felicia teases Peter:

https://i.imgur.com/mqp5cYi.png

Is also page 8, this might be a pattern .
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-10-2021 at 02:59 PM.

Extraordinary Member

There was a kiss w/ liz in spec.
    She kissed him when she came to his door-step to tell her she broke up w/ flash(IIRC) and Gwen was on the phone

I don't think he kissed Spectacular Liz on-screen either.

They actually spent very little time together as a couple on-screen, and generally he had to run off on her, or her being happy with the relationship despite how neglectful the whole thing was... Really don't remember any kiss, but I could be wrong.

Hell if I'm right about this, then it means Peter never kissed any of the love interests, instead they kissed him, as both Gwen and Felicia went for it while he's dumbfounded afterwards.
    Lowest point of the relationship was in Gangwar when Peter says goodbye to Gwen and takes her hand while Liz is clearly wanting for a kiss, even Mark rightfully called him out for that. Spec Peter was such a shitty boyfriend lol.

Also yeah, technically Peter never kissed any of then, they all kissed him first and he just stood there dumbfounded, Liz did the same at the end of the Master Planer episode when Gwen was in the phone lol.

Is also page 8, this might be a pattern
    Obviously this was foreshadowing for Superior Spider-Man .

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona