Page 65 of 865 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165565 ... LastLast
    BANNED

IST is too expensive sadly for an international customer. Unless they've found a better partner for International shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by wrkngclasshero View Post

BTW I love that there is a whole forum dedicated to collected editions now and NZ is killing it as the new Mod. Thx for all the hardwork you put in!
    Cheers, tbh it's the awesome posters that make this forum good. They even self-edit silly posts, makes it much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Amazon has such a good customer support service.
    I only dealt with amazon.com but in less than half a day, a replacement was on the way. They didn't ask for any pictures of the damaged book and I got to keep the book (I now have two HB LE vol. 1 sitting on my shelf since I don't know anyone interested in it).
    Just gotta be careful because once you hit a certain number of those exchanges, regardless of if they're legit or not, you can get banned. I'm not saying don't get exchanges, but just wanted to pass on the other side of the coin as well for having great CS.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    IST is too expensive sadly for an international customer. Unless they've found a better partner for International shipping.
    Actually, It has become a lot cheaper in the last months and if you want to buy Deluxes it's even cheaper than Amazon. At least when it comes to Argentina, there a minimum shipping charge that goes from $25 to $30 for the first book in your cart. After that, it becomes cheaper by the book, at approximately $3 - $4 for an average 350-page Deluxe Edition (which is way cheaper than Amazon) and $15 for a 900-page Marvel Omnibus.

My advice is put a lot of stuff in your cart, remove it, add something else. Experiment with the system and you'll see it's not as expensive as it first looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    Actually, Amazon has better shipping rates, but Instocktrades' prices are so cheap, that at the end, it's usually cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    Actually, It has become a lot cheaper in the last months and if you want to buy Deluxes it's even cheaper than Amazon. At least when it comes to Argentina, there a minimum shipping charge that goes from $25 to $30 for the first book in your cart. After that, it becomes cheaper by the book, at approximately $3 - $4 for an average 350-page Deluxe Edition (which is way cheaper than Amazon) and $15 for a 900-page Marvel Omnibus.

My advice is put a lot of stuff in your cart, remove it, add something else. Experiment with the system and you'll see it's not as expensive as it first looks.
    John Horus, how much time did you wait for your IST's packages? I'm asking because I live in Peru and my package was delivered on April 21 and still hasn't arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Actually, Amazon has better shipping rates, but Instocktrades' prices are so cheap, that at the end, it's usually cheaper.

John Horus, how much time did you wait for your IST's packages? I'm asking because I live in Peru and my package was delivered on April 21 and still hasn't arrived.
    Actually, last week I bought from them for the first time in a long time. But a little more than a year ago they used to arrive in 3 weeks or a month. Probably this time it'll take longer, since Argentina's Customs Offices have become a royal pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    Just gotta be careful because once you hit a certain number of those exchanges, regardless of if they're legit or not, you can get banned. I'm not saying don't get exchanges, but just wanted to pass on the other side of the coin as well for having great CS.
    I was banned because a friend took a refund (not asked for it) for a book that he bought with his account and credit card but was delivered to my home address!

Actually, last week I bought from them for the first time in a long time. But a little more than a year ago they used to arrive in 3 weeks or a month. Probably this time it'll take longer, since Argentina's Customs Offices have become a royal pain in the ass.
    Our Postal Service is also known for their incompetence, but I ordered from Amazon after that and it took just three weeks to arrive. Hope it doesn't get "lost".

All-New Member

Thanks for the info!
    I checked it out, and 2 omnis, 1 deluxe and a few tpbs (7 books total) are 20$ cheaper than amazon.com to Hungary.
    If their delivery time and packaging are good (the packaging could be easily better than amazon), i think i found my new primary source.

Quote Originally Posted by ReedRichards77 View Post
    Thanks for the info!
    I checked it out, and 2 omnis, 1 deluxe and a few tpbs (7 books total) are 20$ cheaper than amazon.com to Hungary.
    If their delivery time and packaging are good (the packaging could be easily better than amazon), i think i found my new primary source.
    Arren't you worried that customs will catch a big package like this? Last year I had to pay after the Invisibles omnibus and since then I'm a bit hesitant to order big packages outside of the EU.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Arren't you worried that customs will catch a big package like this? Last year I had to pay after the Invisibles omnibus and since then I'm a bit hesitant to order big packages outside of the EU.
    I order weekly from amazon.com, sometimes mycomicshop.com for years. I had to pay duty two times.
    A month ago i got a package that was huge (like two 24" monitor box) and i was suprised that i didn't have to pay duty.
    I hope i will get away this time too.

Quote Originally Posted by ReedRichards77 View Post
    Thanks for the info!
    Why don't you shop at a European Amazon? co.uk or de or fr etc.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wollodrin View Post
    Why don't you shop at a European Amazon? co.uk or de or fr etc.
    Because they are more expensive.

Do they split the shipments? Or always send together?

BANNED

Amazon shipping is always 5$-10$, even tho IST offers 50% off or 40% off, their 23$ shipping makes the price practically the same.

However, i did check IST and i was infact wrong how much the New Gods would cost me, so thank you for that.