Page 81 of 865 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181581 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    Thanks for the reply, it took me a second read to realize it was ghosts the boy was seeing, the colorful psychedelic panels with the bald character apparently interacting with John Lennon though, I have no idea what's going on. Is he actually channeling him? Just some weird ritual? Does Lennon have any involvement in the development of the plot?
    No involvement, King Mob is channeling him. Morrison claims that he did the same and Lennon gave him a song which he later played with a guitar in an interview with Gerard Way. Lot of the stuff in the Invisibles is based on Morrison's life (he even method acted the characters, dressed as a woman and went clubbing or something, for the Lord Fanny character).
    If you are interested in these listen to the Morrison episodes of Kevin Smith' Fatman on Batman podcast or check Talking with gods (documentary, those made me want to read his books.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by aquitaine View Post
    Those pictures of Death Sentence are amazing. I'm ordering that even though I know nothing about it. The pics have utterly sold me on it. Thanks!
    No prob. It's an interesting take on the Superhero genre. I finished it last night and I was very amused by it. Really loved it. You get everything from social commentary to super powers, to gang bangs. Fun stuff.

Got a lot of books the past two weeks, had some catching up to do.
    A healthy mix of new & 2nd hand books...

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    http://i60.tinypic.com/rjqfkg.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/5fgoky.jpg
    What are those books left of and below Castaka? And awesome selection!!

I'm in the middle of Glory right now. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet but I do know that the art in the book is both awesome and terrible depending on what is being drawn. The creativity and wildness of it fits a much of the book but some of the character designs are just bad in my opinion.

Every time Glory and Riley are on the page I just see a grotesque weightlifter of ever changing mass and anatomy who ran into some head-shrinkers and Riley, a baby's head with a 16 year-old's body that is supposedly a college student. But that same bizarreness that makes Riley and Glory completely unpalatable for me also make for some fantastic panels and alien designs.

My only other beef is the hyper-violence. It makes sense for some parts of the narrative but when I see this kind of head-popping and body exploding in comics it takes me back to when I was 12 years old and thought it was so cool to draw that kind of stuff. It doesn't add anything to most of the story.

But, just so I don't seem like a debbie-downer I'll point out the the story has me locked in so far. I love the premise and how it's unfolded so far. Can't wait to see where things go.

Incredible Member

Excited to get Metabarons for 30% off sale at my LCS. I was just about to order it online too!

Incredible Member

I don't think anyone posted photos yet of Escapo. (If someone has, forgive me) Pope's art is always so interesting. I also enjoy the European style format.

Incredible Member

just got escapo in the mail too, really looking forward to digging in.

Self-Proclaimed Genius clayholio's Avatar

I had the original Escapo. but I lost it in a move. Can't wait to dig into the new version - the re-release of "The One Trick Rip-Off" was fantastic.
    clayholio

Ink Is My Perfume (art blog) - Clayholio Watches Movies (Movie Reviews)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    What are those books left of and below Castaka? And awesome selection!!
    Those are some books published by Decadence Comics: The newest anthology, "Transmutation Of Human Bodies And Flora" by Stathis Tsemberlidis and Island 3 part 3 & 4 by Lando.
    Lando and Tsemberlidis make some excellent stuff, well worth checking out.

The new edition of Escapo looks really nice. I already have the old HC and the Giant Size THB it originally appeared in but I'm definitely picking up this one as well

All-New Member

How's Fatima? Heard good things about it...

All-New Member

Saved up some dosh and bought a new haul after a while... Shame no bookmark ribbon in Parker, and titans NOT in hard cover!!! Why?!

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    I don't think anyone posted photos yet of Escapo. (If someone has, forgive me) Pope's art is always so interesting. I also enjoy the European style format.
    I'll put a link up on the front page. That looks pretty damn excellent. Might have to grab that too.

Those are some books published by Decadence Comics: The newest anthology, "Transmutation Of Human Bodies And Flora" by Stathis Tsemberlidis and Island 3 part 3 & 4 by Lando.
    Lando and Tsemberlidis make some excellent stuff, well worth checking out.
    Ta. That Transmutation of.... book looks interesting. Never heard of that publisher.

Quote Originally Posted by mard80 View Post
    Saved up some dosh and bought a new haul after a while... Shame no bookmark ribbon in Parker, and titans NOT in hard cover!!! Why?!
    Nice haul!! You really picked up some top editions!!