Page 285 of 865 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286287288289295335385785 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,275 of 12974
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post

@Roland: Where did you find that Kramer's 7?

@LordJulius: Die Falsher Gesichter, is that one only written by David B. or has he drawn some of it as well?
    One of the Amazon sellers has it for $112.50 (I bought one copy and more copies left): http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ol/09800...&condition=all

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Some excellent books there, Martin (you really only started to read WD?) and Roland (you'll enjoy Scalped and, as others have said, Metabarons; I prefer the latter over everything else Jodo has written).

Bought these recently:

[IMG]http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/LordJulius76/E8AF48E4-F908-4ED2-AA7B-AD33882456BD_zpss1fv8cou.jpg[/IMG

- Best of Enemies Vol. 2: such a great book, especially the art by David B.
    - Le Chateau des Etoiles is steampunk by Alix Alice (who did Siegfried), and has beautiful art.
    - Fritz Haber (first volume of four) has some stunning artwork as well, as does Thomas Müntzer (whose art is supposed to mimic 16th century engravings, to match the topic of the book).

Here are some samples:

Chateau des Etoiles:

[IMG]http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/LordJulius76/59F31BDC-8C09-45F1-BBC7-F17CC97F9C1D_zpskkztwyqs.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/LordJulius76/728088C0-8C88-4BAA-9635-9C3A5F67F224_zpswzaujmnq.jpg[/IMG
    Those David Vandermeulen books look awesome. That art!! Too bad nothing about a Dutch translation. We will get that Alex Alice book in May though, yippee. Man I love that Alice's art.

As for WD... only ever read issue #1 on comixology a few years ago and enjoyed that very much. I contemplated getting the slipcase editions, but I really enjoy the deluxe size these days. Much handier to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Those David Vandermeulen books look awesome. That art!! Too bad nothing about a Dutch translation. We will get that Alex Alice book in May though, yippee. Man I love that Alice's art.

As for WD... only ever read issue #1 on comixology a few years ago and enjoyed that very much. I contemplated getting the slipcase editions, but I really enjoy the deluxe size these days. Much handier to handle.
    Reminds me that I still need to get Siegfried. And yeah, Vandermeulen's art in Fritz Haber is awesome. They didn't even create new cover art; the artwork on the cover is a panel from inside the book. That's how good it is. Btw, Vandermeulen has also written a picture book with text that translates as "Introduction to the ontology of Jean Claude van Damme", which seems to be a satirical faux-philosophical treatise on van Damme (philosophical meaning behind his kicks and stunts and so; looks hilarious). With Ambre (artist of Müntzer) he's also published a GN of Goethe's Faust. The artwork there looks like a mix of Manu Larcenet and George Pratt.

Fantastic Member

new arrivals...

very happy about the taschen book. was eyeing that for quite a while and was able to finally buy it for a very good price.
    already read the first half of "sequana" and it's quite excellent, especially the artwork, but also the literary and complex storytelling. i hope the rest of it is just a s good.

Spectacular Member

For anyone who's interested, I've started recording a few videos of books again (after stopping for ages because I was lazy). Not the most professional videos in the world, but at least they give a bit of a glimpse I'll be recording them on a semi-regular basis, so hopefully there'll be more of these to come. If there are any requests, let me!

This is the Metal Gear Solid deluxe that IDW put out a while ago. Really well built, great paper and the art looks really good. Haven't had a chance to read it yet, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Is there any Moebius book you don't have by now?
    Nah, AFAIK all I'm missing is some obscure artbooks and exhibition catalogues that don't contain that much exclusive stuff. That doesn't stop me from hunting them down though

Die falschen Gesichter (The Wrong Faces) is "only" written by David B. Tanquerelle, the artist, is by no means bad, though. Have you checked out "Best of Enemies" yet? It's written like a straight-up history book, but David B's art makes it something really special. It's full of symbolism and caricature-like art that really helps to bring the contents of the text across. Love it and can't wait for vol. 3
    On that note

My Con haul of today. Went to only pick up the latest Philemon but found two books from my want list (The huge Cowboy Henk HC and the Schuiten/Peters book).

Fantastic Member

Lots of awesome new hauls! That Best of Enemies series on US - Middle East relations looks great, never heard of it before.

Seeing lots of people get their Metabarons book here and other places. Amazon has been jerking me around for a couple weeks now waiting on this book or information on whether they are getting it. They updated last week with a 'preparing for shipment' notice only to again say it is on hold and they are trying to find out about it. Does anyone know what the deal is? I had my pre-order price locked in at $30 for months now. Can someone tell me whether to stick it out or cancel and go elsewhere?

Met Stan Sakai today and he sold me a copy of Usagi Yojimbo Saga LE vol 2!

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Seeing lots of people get their Metabarons book here and other places. Amazon has been jerking me around for a couple weeks now waiting on this book or information on whether they are getting it. They updated last week with a 'preparing for shipment' notice only to again say it is on hold and they are trying to find out about it. Does anyone know what the deal is? I had my pre-order price locked in at $30 for months now. Can someone tell me whether to stick it out or cancel and go elsewhere?
    I'm in the same boat with my pre-order. Humanoids posted this on their facebook a few days ago, so I'm doubtful the pre-order through Amazon will be fulfilled I'm going to wait a bit longer before cancelling my order because the price was fantastic, but I'm not getting my hopes up that they'll come through.

"Amazon pre-orders in the US

It has come to our attention that some of you are having issues with having Amazon.com pre-orders fulfilled. We want to clarify that this is due to conflicting information within Amazon itself, as we are sold directly by Amazon in the UK but not in the US, where we sell on Amazon but are not fulfilled by them. We therefore suggest that US customers who want to pre-order our titles do that with their local comic shop, or wait until the day of release to order from Amazon.com or from the Humanoids online store.
    UK customers have the option of pre-ordering on Amazon.co.uk with no issue.

Thanks to everyone for their continued support.

--The Humanoids Team"

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    Went to only pick up the latest Philemon
    Is it a reprint of Philemon's collection?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by downinthezero View Post
    I'm in the same boat with my pre-order. Humanoids posted this on their facebook a few days ago, so I'm doubtful the pre-order through Amazon will be fulfilled I'm going to wait a bit longer before cancelling my order because the price was fantastic, but I'm not getting my hopes up that they'll come through.

"Amazon pre-orders in the US

It has come to our attention that some of you are having issues with having Amazon.com pre-orders fulfilled. We want to clarify that this is due to conflicting information within Amazon itself, as we are sold directly by Amazon in the UK but not in the US, where we sell on Amazon but are not fulfilled by them. We therefore suggest that US customers who want to pre-order our titles do that with their local comic shop, or wait until the day of release to order from Amazon.com or from the Humanoids online store.
    UK customers have the option of pre-ordering on Amazon.co.uk with no issue.

Thanks to everyone for their continued support.

--The Humanoids Team"
    Huh. Well I guess I'm gonna give it until about Wednesday and then place a big Humanoids order on IST.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    Met Stan Sakai today and he sold me a copy of Usagi Yojimbo Saga LE vol 2!

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Very cool. I've never delved into Usagi.
    My only real exposure was in the early 90's with TMNT crossovers.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    Is it a reprint of Philemon's collection?
    Nah, A new publisher finally publishing the entire series here in the Netherlands (Dargaud did a few in the 80's but most of them were never translated) and this is the latest album they've translated.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    Matabarons is amazing. It was the best book I read last year. As ER Priest said it's easily Jodorosky's best work. The artwork as absolutely brilliant as well. The sequel Castaka wasn't anywhere near as good though.
    I need put that on the wish list, will it go out of print quick? All that other stuff by them is pricey. Sandman Absolutes, the GL Omnibus, I need to win the lottery.