Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    I think the fans spoke 7 years ago.

And they want to see a monthly Spider-Man/Barack Obama team-up book.
    Attachment 24565
    Did you just spoil Barack Obama's post-presidency plans?

Quote Originally Posted by mtalisker18 View Post
    Because it would fly in the face of the reasoning used to justify OMD.
    Does DC publishing Superman: Lois & Clark fly in the face of reasoning used to justify Flashpoint?
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 07-11-2015 at 11:03 AM.

Attachment 24565
    So suddenly sales is not important? Which way is it going to be? Is it what the fans want or need that drive you? Because now you kind of say both.

Attachment 24565
    Damn that is one awful drawing of Spider-Man. What the hell is up with his skull structure!?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    I'm just going by what you said and applying it storytelling generally, nothing to do with what I like or don't. A lack of risk just doesn't breed great storytelling. Even a great writer playing it safe will rarely hit above "decent".

Making money isn't as simple as giving a vocal group of people exactly what they want. That's not even a guarantee. That circles back to being "safe".
    Marvel made money with Doc-in-Spidey's body, they're making money with Spider-Gwen. Thematically, there's bigger fish to fry than returning to the well again IMO. For the marriage to be as much of a crucial element to the character as pro-marriage posters dearly want to believe, it has to be something of which without the book wouldn't sell.
    I'm looking back at where this exchange started and I have no idea how it got to this point or what any of it has to do with where the conversation started.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasse View Post
    So suddenly sales is not important? Which way is it going to be? Is it what the fans want or need that drive you? Because now you kind of say both.
    missed the point a bit.

Hey Dan Slott,

Could you do me a favor...well maybe two favors?

Please bring back Rhino from heaven.
    Please bring back six-armed spider-man permanently.

Thanks bud!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    I'm looking back at where this exchange started and I have no idea how it got to this point or what any of it has to do with where the conversation started.
    Did you think the conversation would have led anywhere but #delusionalmarriagelubberz?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I don't get what marriage haters have against the possibility of an RYV ongoing. You can have your single Spider-Man in ASM and if you don't like the marriage and kid, don't buy the RYV ongoing? Is that too simple a solution?
    You could also have high school Spidey stories, rich industrialist Spidey stores, PBS Spidey teaching you to read stories,...hell you could have nursing home Spidey after Mary Jane has died and he's trying to get with the hot Octagenerian Black Cat while battling the Vulture. You could do stories from any time period of his life.

Although it would mean titles that you couldn't link up with the Event du jour....which I also think would be a good thing.
    trying to be nicer

Spectacular Member

Then they can make a new comic for the people who prefer Ben Reilly as the main Spider-Man. Then a comic where Spider-Man is still in his Man-Spider form, a comic where Spider-Man is always in the black costume, and THEN a comic where Spider-Man was replaced by Spidercide - foolproof!
    Yup--that's what I get for replying before reading the rest of the thread. Although I still think my nursing home Spidey joke was cuter
    trying to be nicer

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    missed the point a bit.
    Relax. I was just having a bit of fun. I'm not reading Renew your Vows and won't read next volume of ASM either, so I'm not really bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    You said if catering to a vocal section of the audience would guarantee sales and was the "least risky idea", then why not do it. I countered that there's a lot more into what sells a book than playing it so safe. That's been the exchange and none of it sounds tangential - did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Did you think the conversation would have led anywhere but #delusionalmarriagelubberz?
    It's kinda sad that's what you take away from #rational viewpoint.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

It's kinda sad that's what you take away from #rational viewpoint.
    When a book sells over 200k, and people speculate about the possibility of it being spun-off into an ongoing, trying to shoot that down is not the "rational" viewpoint.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lasse View Post
    Relax. I was just having a bit of fun. I'm not reading Renew your Vows and won't read next volume of ASM either, so I'm not really bothered.
    So pretty much just here to troll about a book you're not reading and won't be reading in the future.

*sigh*

The internet...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    When a book sells over 200k, and people speculate about the possibility of it being spun-off into an ongoing, trying to shoot that down is not the "rational" viewpoint.
    I dunno, "shooting down" the premature idea that a whole new series should be spun off solely because the first single debut issue had a lot of orders supposedly because everyone wanted to see Peter and Mary Jane together and not due in any part to a line-wide crossover or a certain notorious and well documented event the series just so happens to evoke sounds pretty rational to me.
    I'd also say at least wait until there's figures from when the series is at least 3/4 through before demanding it's own cartoon show, but that's just me and my not nearly as heavily invested viewpoint.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

I dunno, "shooting down" the premature idea that a whole new series should be spun off solely because the first single debut issue had a lot of orders supposedly because everyone wanted to see Peter and Mary Jane together and not due in any part to a line-wide crossover or a certain notorious and well documented event the series just so happens to evoke sounds pretty rational to me.
    I'd also say at least wait until there's figures from when the series is at least 3/4 through before demanding it's own cartoon show, but that's just me and my not nearly as heavily invested viewpoint.
    I'm not saying the book is definitely going to happen, but Marvel have launched books based on less than RYV #1's numbers. (That makes it sound like I definitely think it's going to happen. I want to reiterate that I don't think such a book is guaranteed unless Marvel themselves announce it.)