Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ava DuVernay

I'd like to see Mangold back, Logan is the best super hero film I've ever seen and I'd like to see what he could do with a team. I may be shooting myself in the foot though because the 3 films I've seen of his are definitely small cast based.

I'd like Vaughn back as well he did great with first class.

The Russo brothers have made my favorite MCU films so I would be very happy to see them take a shot at the X-Men.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Ava DuVernay
    Same. I reckon the bridge scene in Selma is like an audition tape for an xmen movie

I think Ava suits DC more, especially as she has said her fave superhero is Big Barda.

Jordan Peele would be my pick.

Christopher Nolan for the first and maybe second then Joss Whedon. Him and Snyder’s visuals look like they pulled them straight off the books.

F. Gary Gray

Spectacular Member

Obvious answer is

Bryan Singer

I kid...I kid. But if I am being honest - I'd like to see Ta'Nehisi Coates as co-writer/co-director along with Jordan Peele. They can bring in Gareth Evans as the action consult to maximize the action bits

I liked the Singer movies a lot actually, but I'm ready for someone else to give it a shot.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

The best answer: James Cameron

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JmH Reborn View Post
    Obvious answer is

Bryan Singer

I kid...I kid. But if I am being honest - I'd like to see Ta'Nehisi Coates as co-writer/co-director along with Jordan Peele. They can bring in Gareth Evans as the action consult to maximize the action bits
    I thought you were serious. Im glad you weren't

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hartttt View Post
    I posted in one post already that whoever they hire will likely quit after a few months because of 'creative differences'. MCU X-Men is not going to be directed by the director. they will be directed by the marvel formula. it did used to be strange how every mcu movie looked and felt the same but not anymore when you discover what was going on.

I would have loved Matt Reeves, George Miller , Alfonso Cuarón, Steven Speilberg, Brad Bird, Steven Soderbergh to make an X-Men movie but all this directors I mentioned will want to make their own xmen movies that has the substance of the series, it will be their main attraction to X-Men. meaning they will never go along with the mcu formula, meaning there is no chance they will make an MCU X-Men movie.
    Do you ever give it a rest?

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    The ink is not even dry on the Mickey Mouse paper (fun fact: Disney's licensing contracts really have a tiny Mickey at the bottom) but we all know Kevin Feige and his friends are already feverishly thinking about how to best introduce our merry mutants in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

One of the most important choices they'll need to make is obviously going to be the movie director. I'm not creating a poll because the choices would be too many, but I would like y'all to nominate 3 candidates and, if you want, give some reasons for your choices. I'll start below.

1) My number one pick would be the Wachowski sisters. I have no idea how they feel about Marvel, Disney and the whole lot, but they can clearly do world-building, crazy sci-fi and characters very well. Anyone who has watched Sense8 please tell me how that's not an X-Men show in disguise.

2) Sibling power strikes again with the Russo brothers. They have directed 2 of the best MCU movies so far and with Civil War they have shown they can juggle in many different characters and give everyone their due while still telling a compelling story. Injecting some soul into the X-Men movie characters is what I feel the franchise needs the most and I believe the Russos are a good choice to do just that.

3) Joss Whedon is perhaps a very predictable choice, and it's likely wounds still won't have healed by the time we get to the first X-Men movie by Disney, but I always felt Joss was the perfect choice for the muties. I believe he came close a few times at Fox but it never quite materialized. Who knows how things are going to be between Whedon and Warner and Whedon and Feige by 2021 so I wouldn't count it out just yet.
    My best Marvel movies experiences were with the Russos, if I were to trust someone with the X-Men on the big screen, it would be them most definitely.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."